Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

application error Shop details will not save - forces login page. Admin directory missing

https://www.ausi.com.au/zen157d
    v157d
    PHP 7.1

Fresh install after a major database corruption. Completely new install. Using 1.5.7 because other software requires PHP to be 7.1

On install, all works until I go into administer the site. Then Store details will not save. Any action including saving store details results in a return to the admin login page.

In my attempts to debug, I notice that the Admin directory is missing in the install directory. (well I see it in the tree but I cannot open it.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shop details will not save - forces login page. Admin directory missing

Sorry, found the renamed admin directory so that is OK

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shop details will not save - forces login page. Admin directory missing

To be clear, - it is still not working!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rkenley View Post
    To be clear, - it is still not working!
    To be clearer, what is it? Are there any myDEBUG-adm-*.log files in the site's /logs directory?

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thank you for responding.

There are no log files in the site log.

And the problem is that everything seems to be normal, yet I can't administer the site. I can login as admin and get to the My Store configuration page. I am familiar with this page. But selecting any item on this form, or trying to save store details on the initiation form, all fail. As soon as I save or select a menu item, the system immediately jumps back to the admin login form. I can't get beyond this.

This is my second go at doing this - I tried it with 1.5.67a 2 years ago and I now remember I got the same result and could not find a solution.

I have checked all the permissions I am supposed to set and they are correct. I tried a reinstall but this made no difference.

If its relevant, I unpacked 1.5.7 locally, uploaded it to the site and ran the installer via the web. I have done this several times in earlier years with earlier versions and never had this problem.

I am thinking I must have a setting incorrect????

##############################

OK, I have found my post from 2 years ago and at that time I found that 1.5.7 does not like PHP 7.1 - it works if I change to 7.3... however I NEED to stay with 7.1. Am I going to have to abandon ZenCart? Or maybe change to 7.4 to edit the site and then change back? I will try that now. But it seems clumsy.
    Last edited by rkenley; 20 Apr 2023 at 09:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Why don't you just put your cart on another hoster so you can run the old software with 7.1 and your cart with 7.4.
    Or better yet, get the old software updated.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

That's a really good question!
    I just ran tests and found indeed it needs 7.4 to work, but I can edit the config under 7.4 and then change it back to 7.1 and the store will work.
    Unfortunately the other software seems to have stopped updating and most of my administrative systems were built around it, so I can't go to 7.4 until I can solve that.
    But why does Zen Cart documentation say that 1.5.7 will run on PHP versions from 5.6:
    PHP Version
    The following list shows the PHP versions compatible with each version of Zen Cart.

Zen Cart v1.5.8 is designed for PHP 7.3 through PHP 8.2
    Zen Cart v1.5.7 is designed for PHP 5.6 through PHP 8.0

Plugin Contributions

You'll note that those specs are for core files.

ANYTHING you add may or may not be compatible with 7.4

That's just one of the reasons we ask for information both above the post and in text that you deleted without answering in your first post.

You can't get any accurate answers without the forum folks knowing the facts.

Plugin Contributions

> You'll note that those specs are for core files.

This is a critical point that cannot be overemphasized. The minute you mod you cart, all statements of interoperability go out the window.

If you're running a serious business, you should hire someone who can keep your entire cart, even the customizations, up to date.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

OK guys, settle down.

I DID state very clearly in my introduction that this is a clean install. There are no mods to Zen Cart. It is out of the box.
    The fact of the matter is that Zen Cart 1.5.7d is stated to run on PHP from version 5.6 but this is not true. It won't run on versions earlier than 7.4 as far as I can tell.

But if there is something I have done wrong with my basic clean install that means it won't run on PHP 7.1 I would love to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast