Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default category_product_listing issue

I've found some goofy stuff in v1.5.8's category_product_listing page. I'm patched to 1.5.8a.

Category/Product Display Order is working in the category view. It is not working in the product view, so I suspect a flag isn't being set somewhere or there's some set of logic I'm not seeing in my glance between tasks.

Before I flail about and cast myself into the pit of sorrows, I decided to ask the group. Known issue - or new issue - or case of not reading the manual closely?

Thanks!

--Jeremiah

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: category_product_listing issue

Works fine for me in 1.5.8a

All I can think of is to check for error logs and perhaps for any console errors in browser's dev tools.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jrcook416 View Post
    I've found some goofy stuff in v1.5.8's category_product_listing page. I'm patched to 1.5.8a.

Category/Product Display Order is working in the category view. It is not working in the product view, so I suspect a flag isn't being set somewhere or there's some set of logic I'm not seeing in my glance between tasks.

Before I flail about and cast myself into the pit of sorrows, I decided to ask the group. Known issue - or new issue - or case of not reading the manual closely?

Thanks!

--Jeremiah
    "It is not working" covers a lot of ground. What specifically is "not working"?

It would also help if you would identify any plugins/add-ons that are in use, since they might be contributing to the "not working".

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - I was in the middle of about three things at once:

In both the category and product view, you have the dropdown select box where you change the sort order of the elements. When I change the value in the Categories/Product Display Order box when viewing all of the categories, the dropdown works correctly and the reloaded page shows the proper display order.

When I go into a category and look at the product listing, the dropdown select box changes and shows the proper sort order list for all of the products. When I select an element to sort by and change the value in the Display Order box, the page reloads and goes back to the category view. It does this for all sort orders regardless of which sort order I'm selecting.

I took a glance at the code, but I didn't know if anyone had some quick suggestions before I budgeted out some time to dig deeper.
    1.5.8a with Bootstrap, EO, Super Orders. I have a forked copy of the GitHub repo with my individual build that I keep in sync with the current branch if that helps.

--Jeremiah
    Last edited by jrcook416; 25 Jul 2023 at 04:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - I was in the middle of about three things at once:

In both the category and product view, you have the dropdown select box where you change the sort order of the elements. When I change the value in the Categories/Product Display Order box when viewing all of the categories, the dropdown works correctly and the reloaded page shows the proper display order.

When I go into a category and look at the product listing, the dropdown select box changes and shows the proper sort order list for all of the products. When I select an element to sort by and change the value in the Display Order box, the page reloads and goes back to the category view. It does this for all sort orders regardless of which sort order I'm selecting.

I took a glance at the code, but I didn't know if anyone had some quick suggestions before I budgeted out some time to dig deeper.
    1.5.8a with Bootstrap, EO, Super Orders. I have a forked copy of the GitHub repo with my individual build that I keep in sync with the current branch if that helps.

--Jeremiah
    just to confirm, we are on the admin side?

if so, i can confirm that the latest v158 codeset works fine; ie it is not demonstrating the behavior you are describing.

i have a feeling it is the super orders integration which is messing you up. which is just a wild guess...

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    just to confirm, we are on the admin side?

if so, i can confirm that the latest v158 codeset works fine; ie it is not demonstrating the behavior you are describing.

i have a feeling it is the super orders integration which is messing you up. which is just a wild guess...

best.
    This is a recent development.

I've been testing 1.5.8 on PHP 8 since initial release WITH SO, EO, and Bootstrap, additionally, I don't think that either EO or SO code touches this particular page.

Thanks for the thought, though.

Plugin Contributions

This is a recent development.

I've been testing 1.5.8 on PHP 8 since initial release WITH SO, EO, and Bootstrap, additionally, I don't think that either EO or SO code touches this particular page.

Thanks for the thought, though.
    this page is now definitely not working properly. i'm trying to see when it got screwed up.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

i can not reproduce this error. when i go into a product listing it sorts completely correctly.

when i go into a category view, the sort does not work.

that is a problem.

i think the fix is as such. look at these 2 lines:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...isting.php#L36
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...isting.php#L42

and change each one as such:

PHP Code:

if (!empty($_GET['cID'])) {

if (!empty(
    $_GET['pID'])) { 
    please let us know if that fixes the problem.

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Good morning!

I adjusted lines 36 and 42 accordingly in my development environment with no change in the behavior.

If I get a chance between all of the other projects I have going, I'll see if I can look deeper into the diffs and see what I can see. But thank you for taking a second look!

--Jeremiah

Plugin Contributions

I applied the first fix and that worked for me. The issue/bug should only occur in the subcategory immediately below the top category listing:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/5899
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast