$locales = ['en_US', 'en_US.utf8', 'en', 'English_United States.1252'];
    @setlocale(LC_TIME, $locales);
    DOES work. No clue why.
    2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2

Pez Collectors Store

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site Crashed U_ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT_ERROR

My bad. Turns out 'en' alone isn't "valid" either. And that's what I had in my clipboard when I pasted. Doh!

EDITED: now recommending:
    Code:
    @setlocale(LC_TIME, ['en_US', 'en_US.UTF-8', 'en-US']);
    Add this to the end of includes/configure.php and YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php
    Last edited by swguy; 7 Dec 2023 at 07:48 AM. Reason: clarify where to place this code

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    My bad. Turns out 'en' isn't "valid" either. And that's what I had in my clipboard when I pasted. Doh!

Use:
    Code:
    @setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US');
    I can confirm this works in my testing. en is so close to en_US.

Plugin Contributions

Confirmed on admin and storefront in PHP 8.1. Thanks, @drbyte!
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I updated my "fix" with adding UTF-8 fallback, just in case.
    (FYI The hyphenated uppercase en_US.UTF-8 works on my dev site, where the en_US.utf8 lowercase without hyphen shows as invalid when used on its own. Might be different on different servers with different locale packs installed at the server level.)

And for local PC servers running Windows, it seems 'en-US' may be what's needed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Confirmed working on php 8.2. Thank you all very much!

Best,
    John

Plugin Contributions

So I was getting the HTTP 500 error when going to my store as a user or an admin. I switched the PHP to 8 and still same issue, I switched back to 8.1 and it works.

I was getting the following error
    [08-Nov-2023 20:52:03 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught IntlException: datefmt_create: invalid locale: U_ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT_ERROR in /homepages/website/store/includes/classes/zcDate.php:90
    Stack trace:
    #0 /homepages/website/store/includes/classes/zcDate.php(90): IntlDateFormatter->__construct()
    #1 /homepages/website/store/includes/classes/zcDate.php(39): zcDate->initializeConversionArrays()
    #2 /homepages/website/store/includes/autoload_func.php(47): zcDate->__construct()
    #3 /homepages/website/store/Skill-ieE-trusT/includes/application_top.php(42): require('/homepages/36/d...')
    #4 /homepages/website/store/Skill-ieE-trusT/home.php(9): require('/homepages/36/d...')
    #5 /homepages/website/store/Skill-ieE-trusT/index.php(11): require('/homepages/36/d...')
    #6 {main}
    thrown in /homepages/website/store/includes/classes/zcDate.php on line 90

[08-Nov-2023 20:52:03 America/New_York] Request URI: /store/Skill-ieE-trusT/, IP address: 136.226.82.111
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught IntlException: datefmt_create: invalid locale: U_ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT_ERROR in /homepages/website/store/includes/classes/zcDate.php:90
    Stack trace:
    #0 /homepages/website/store/includes/classes/zcDate.php(90): IntlDateFormatter->__construct()
    #1 /homepages/website/store/includes/classes/zcDate.php(39): zcDate->initializeConversionArrays()
    #2 /homepages/website/store/includes/autoload_func.php(47): zcDate->__construct()
    #3 /homepages/website/store/Skill-ieE-trusT/includes/application_top.php(42): require('/homepages/36/d...')
    #4 /homepages/website/store/Skill-ieE-trusT/home.php(9): require('/homepages/36/d...')
    #5 /homepages/website/store/Skill-ieE-trusT/index.php(11): require('/homepages/36/d...')
    #6 {main}
    thrown in /homepages/website/store/includes/classes/zcDate.php on line 90.

Plugin Contributions

spoke too soon. I did add the code to the config files and it fixed it.
    Code:
    @setlocale(LC_TIME, ['en_US', 'en_US.UTF-8', 'en-US']);

Plugin Contributions

Few month ago I submitted on github a re-write of class file zc_date.php based on intl date_format object instead of srftime(). It was not accepted at the time but it might change now. Basically instead of using depracated strftime parameters it uses datefm_create if installed and if not date(). I made it compatible with strftime parameters so old plugins still work.
    I use this mod on my live site and some test sites and was not affected when updating to PHP 8.1.25 or 8.2.12!
    If you want to try it you can just copy class file zc_date.php (after backing up your original version). If you want to be more efficient and eliminate old strftime parameters copy/merge all other files.
    By the way I hope that in new Zencart 2.0 strftime % parameter won't be use any more.
    here is the link to github repo: https://github.com/piloujp/zcDate_mod
    Last edited by pilou2; 9 Nov 2023 at 02:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Noting that the zcDate.php class is PHP version-specific, using strftime for PHP versions < 8.1 and using the IntlDateFormatter class (if that PHP extension is installed) otherwise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast