Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What causes THIS error?

Again, I should add, every time I see this error in the logs, the IP address always seems to be registered to PayPal.

Here are the two I've recently seen:

Just mentioning that in case it helps shed light on the error.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    When I go to the database and run a query (SELECT * FROM `zen_zones_to_geo_zones` WHERE `geo_zone_id` = 2; ), this is what I see: https://i.postimg.cc/RVwqqpVP/screenshot-983.png

As you can see, the zone_id for the United States is NULL. If that is causing the issue, should I just change it to "0" like the Puerto Rico entry?
    Jeff, you've got that bass-ackwards; the zone_id for the US (country id 223) is 0 (for all) while the one for Puerto Rico is NULL (since it doesn't have any defined states/provinces, aka zones).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Jeff, you've got that bass-ackwards; the zone_id for the US (country id 223) is 0 (for all) while the one for Puerto Rico is NULL (since it doesn't have any defined states/provinces, aka zones).
    LOL - I'm really good at walking bass-ackwards! Thanks for clearing that up!

I guess we wait and see if typecasting the variable as an (int) will help remove the error.

My main concern was that somehow, these errors indicated customers who were trying to checkout and not able to. We get complaints all the time about having trouble checking out, and I couldn't figure out if these errors were related.

The fact that all the IP's are related to PayPal made me wonder if this was a checkout related issue, and if I could be losing sales.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

I really appreciate BOTH your feedback on this. :)

I just typecast that line by putting (int) in front of the $order->delivery['country']['id'] variable.

Cindy, you mentioned that "Please Select" is an alias of the "All Zones." I do have that set up, even though the database has NULL in the zone_id.

Here, let me see if I can illustrate my settings to help pinpoint this issue.

Under Modules -> Shipping -> Free Shipping options, I have my "Shipping Zone" set to "Free Shipping Areas."

Under Zones Definitions, I created a "Free Shipping Areas" zone. That zone only has two entries:
    - Puerto Rico (All Zones)
    - United States (All Zone)

Screenshot: https://i.postimg.cc/QtCfSWnz/screenshot-980.png

If I click to EDIT the Puerto Rico entry, I can see that "All Zones" is an option for the zone: https://i.postimg.cc/j5y4MQ4Z/screenshot-981.png

If I click to EDIT the United States entry, it only says "Please Select": https://i.postimg.cc/vBXc84YG/screenshot-982.png

This "Free Shipping Areas" zone has an ID of 2.

When I go to the database and run a query (SELECT * FROM `zen_zones_to_geo_zones` WHERE `geo_zone_id` = 2; ), this is what I see: https://i.postimg.cc/RVwqqpVP/screenshot-983.png

As you can see, the zone_id for the United States is NULL. If that is causing the issue, should I just change it to "0" like the Puerto Rico entry?
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    LOL - I'm really good at walking bass-ackwards! Thanks for clearing that up!

I guess we wait and see if typecasting the variable as an (int) will help remove the error.

My main concern was that somehow, these errors indicated customers who were trying to checkout and not able to. We get complaints all the time about having trouble checking out, and I couldn't figure out if these errors were related.

The fact that all the IP's are related to PayPal made me wonder if this was a checkout related issue, and if I could be losing sales.
    Note that while looking at that window with united states selected and the drop down selection of "please select", selecting the update button will change that database value from 0 to null and that it would not return to a zero basically until the record was deleted or hard pressed to be a zero.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12