Plugin Contributions

Default All downloads down to 0

One customer emailed me wondering why she is getting a message that says she has no more downloads, while she just purchased the product.

I checked in the backend, and sure enough, it shows that the downloads left is 0.
    Thinking the product was set wrong, I checked and it is set for 5 downloads, for 120 days.
    I checked previous orders of hers, and almost all her past orders also show the downloads left is 0.

1- what could have happened? It makes no sense that she would have downloaded everything 5 times
    2- how can I fix that so it shows the correct number of downloads?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All downloads down to 0

Nevermind. The customer emailed me telling me that "in order to be safe", she downloads her 5 files and saves them to an EHD.
    I guess she does not understand the principle of copying/pasting a single download!

Now, is there a way for me to reset those downloads? I am thinking that if I update any of the files, she won't be able to download the updated file.

Plugin Contributions

I would say that the customer has been fairly treated having gotten what the product was set up as containing.

You can always notify previous purchasers that an item is updated.

You decide if an update warrants a fee or not.

Plugin Contributions

For me, the customer buys ONCE and that is all. I extended the download duration to 6 months but if requested (since I use a module that will tell them if you have already purchased it), I will reset the downloads. People have forgotten to download one file (when they purchase dozens at one time), they have lost them in a computer crash, etc. I don't care. If they bought it once, I don't require them to purchase again.

So, for that reason, it just didn't make sense for her to download 5 copies. Now, in case there is an update, it might be so the file will be compatible with newer versions of the program so I would want the customer to download it. But if this person comes in, and asks me to reset the download, how would I do it? Wouldn't the system prevent her from downloading a 6th copy?

Plugin Contributions

I don't know of any built-in method but, you could make up a query to change the download_count in the orders_products_download table based on the orders_id.

Code:
    UPDATE orders_products_downloadSET down_load_count = 5
    WHERE orders_id = ##;
    Just replace the ## with the customer's order id and run it from the admin if needed.

If you want to reset all

Code:
    UPDATE orders_products_download
    SET down_load_count = 5;
    NOTE: This will work with a prefix to your tables ONLY if run through the admin. If you have a table prefix and use the code in phpMyAdmin, you will need to add YOUR prefix in order for it to work.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 9 Dec 2023 at 10:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Name:  download_reset_on_order.png
Views: 77
Size:  6.5 KB

click on the yellow status, expired count icon to reset the downloads on an order.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I am having trouble getting eBook to show download link on the Checkout Success page. I uploaded the file to the server and have the green dot stating the file is visible. I changed all the file permissions. I believe I have followed all the instructions correctly. Something is a bit confusing... In the Zencart manual, it states "Download by Redirect" Note: Set/pub to 777 when redirect is true. But further down in the book it has "<zc-home>/pub directory set to 755.

I am using version 1.5.5e PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0)

Thank you in advance

Plugin Contributions

Your version will soon be 7 years old and PHP 5.6.4 was End Of Life in December of 2018!

I'm not even sure the DOCS cover that far back. That may well ber why they are confusing.

Unfortunately, you probably won't find anyone with a test setup to assist.