Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal RESTful API Payment Module

Quote Originally Posted by Webskipper View Post
    Will this be part of the ZC 2.0 release?
    Nope, it needs to "get its feet wet" before committing to core.

Plugin Contributions

ZC 1.5.8a
    PHP 8.1.27
    PayPal Checkout (RESTful) 1.0.1
    OPC 2.4.6
    Square WebPay 1.2.0

I get this warning when voiding a transaction

Code:
    [20-Mar-2024 14:29:00 Europe/London] Request URI: /MY_ADMIN/index.php?cmd=orders&page=1&oID=1391&action=doVoid, IP address: xx.xx.xx.xx, Language id 1
    #0 /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/PayPalRestful/Admin/DoVoid.php(92): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypalr.php(1912): PayPalRestful\Admin\DoVoid->__construct()
    #2 /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/MY_ADMIN/orders.php(405): paypalr->_doVoid()
    #3 /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/MY_ADMIN/index.php(11): require('...')
    --> PHP Warning: Undefined variable $last_auth_txn in /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/PayPalRestful/Admin/DoVoid.php on line 92.

[20-Mar-2024 14:29:00 Europe/London] Request URI: /MY_ADMIN/index.php?cmd=orders&page=1&oID=1391&action=doVoid, IP address: xx.xx.xx.xx, Language id 1
    #0 /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/PayPalRestful/Admin/DoVoid.php(92): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypalr.php(1912): PayPalRestful\Admin\DoVoid->__construct()
    #2 /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/MY_ADMIN/orders.php(405): paypalr->_doVoid()
    #3 /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/MY_ADMIN/index.php(11): require('...')
    --> PHP Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/PayPalRestful/Admin/DoVoid.php on line 92.
    and because of this (I assume) the Trans ID is blank in the admin orders 'voided' comments block

----------------------------
    VOIDED. Trans ID: [blank]
    Transaction voided.
    ----------------------------
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

GitHub issue created to track the correction: https://github.com/lat9/paypalr/issues/15

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    GitHub issue created to track the correction: https://github.com/lat9/paypalr/issues/15
    ... and correction provided in this GitHub commit: https://github.com/lat9/paypalr/comm...172c2de30bafad

Plugin Contributions

I noticed some behaviour yesterday that I didn't expect (and some that I did, for contrast).

Firstly, what I *did* expect:
    A customer tried to place an order and Paypal didn't trust the card. I received an e-mail:
    "ALERT: PayPal Checkout Error (Lost/Stolen/Fraudulent Card)" containing some of the card details. No order was created and the customer tried and failed a couple more times before trying a different card and paying successfully. This time the order was created.

Then what I *didn't* expect:
    A different customer tried to place an order and their card was declined for some unspecified reason. I received an e-mail:
    "ALERT: PayPal Checkout Error (Order Requires Attention)", "The status for order #23510 was forced to "Pending" due to a PayPal response status of 'DECLINED'"
    The order was created and the status set to "Pending" as per the e-mail notification.

When I spoke to the customer to ask for payment via another card (they are a regular business-to-business customer) they weren't aware the payment had failed. However, I cannot say whether that is because they were not notified or just because they didn't notice and that isn't really the issue.
    We are not used to seeing an order being created after a failed payment and we have always been able to assume that an order from the web-site is paid for and ready to be shipped, without any further examination of its status. Is this expected behaviour? I suppose it must be since there was a specific e-mail notification for that event.
    Last edited by BillJ; 22 Mar 2024 at 09:37 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I forgot to say I'm using ZC 1.58a, OPC 2.4.6 and PP Restful 1.0.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    I noticed some behaviour yesterday that I didn't expect (and some that I did, for contrast).

Firstly, what I *did* expect:
    A customer tried to place an order and Paypal didn't trust the card. I received an e-mail:
    "ALERT: PayPal Checkout Error (Lost/Stolen/Fraudulent Card)" containing some of the card details. No order was created and the customer tried and failed a couple more times before trying a different card and paying successfully. This time the order was created.

Then what I *didn't* expect:
    A different customer tried to place an order and their card was declined for some unspecified reason. I received an e-mail:
    "ALERT: PayPal Checkout Error (Order Requires Attention)", "The status for order #23510 was forced to "Pending" due to a PayPal response status of 'DECLINED'"
    The order was created and the status set to "Pending" as per the e-mail notification.

When I spoke to the customer to ask for payment via another card (they are a regular business-to-business customer) they weren't aware the payment had failed. However, I cannot say whether that is because they were not notified or just because they didn't notice and that isn't really the issue.
    We are not used to seeing an order being created after a failed payment and we have always been able to assume that an order from the web-site is paid for and ready to be shipped, without any further examination of its status. Is this expected behaviour? I suppose it must be since there was a specific e-mail notification for that event.
    Are you running paypalr in Auth-Only or Final-Payment mode? Do you know if there was an SCA path taken when the payment was processed?

I'll note that what you describe as unexpected is unexpected!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.
    Are you running paypalr in Auth-Only or Final-Payment mode?
    I have Payment Action set to "Final Sale" in the paypalr configuration, if that's the setting you mean.

Do you know if there was an SCA path taken when the payment was processed?
    I don't know, sorry. Would it be logged somewhere by paypalr? I have debugging switched on. There was a Paypal transaction number stored in Zen Cart but it was not recognised when I searched for it in our Paypal account.
    The card the customer used was not their usual card that we keep on file for telephone orders and they don't often order online anyway so it might have triggered SCA. However that is just speculation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Thank you.

I have Payment Action set to "Final Sale" in the paypalr configuration, if that's the setting you mean.

I don't know, sorry. Would it be logged somewhere by paypalr? I have debugging switched on. There was a Paypal transaction number stored in Zen Cart but it was not recognised when I searched for it in our Paypal account.
    The card the customer used was not their usual card that we keep on file for telephone orders and they don't often order online anyway so it might have triggered SCA. However that is just speculation.
    If debugging was switched on when the errant transaction was run, there will be a paypalr-c-{cid}-ffflll-yyyymmdd.log present. {cid} is the customer's ID and {ffflll} is the first 3 characters of the customer's first/last name. If you find such a log, send me a PM and I'll send back my direct email address.

Plugin Contributions

If debugging was switched on when the errant transaction was run, there will be a paypalr-c-{cid}-ffflll-yyyymmdd.log present. {cid} is the customer's ID and {ffflll} is the first 3 characters of the customer's first/last name. If you find such a log, send me a PM and I'll send back my direct email address.
    Thank you. Log on its way.
    I can see from the log that the card failed the CVV check. The customer probably mis-typed it. Despite having an account, they had checked out as a guest using OPC.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast