Plugin Contributions

Default Google Shopping Results??

Hi all,
    Searching for approxiamtely my product on Google and it's the first hit. Lots of results in image search. But, on the shopping tap, zero. Can someone help me with the basics here? I read on another thread I need to have a google account and there may be some settings there. I have a Google account, but not a business one apparently.
    Is there a plug in or something I also need? I've ytpically done a poor job marketing due to lack of time, but trying to get better this year. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Shopping Results??

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosK View Post
    Hi all,
    Searching for approxiamtely my product on Google and it's the first hit. Lots of results in image search. But, on the shopping tap, zero. Can someone help me with the basics here? I read on another thread I need to have a google account and there may be some settings there. I have a Google account, but not a business one apparently.
    Is there a plug in or something I also need? I've ytpically done a poor job marketing due to lack of time, but trying to get better this year. Thanks!
    Your need a Google Merchant Center Account to submit your products (https://www.google.com/retail/).

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Your need a Google Merchant Center Account to submit your products (https://www.google.com/retail/).

~Melanie
    Which can be done with this plugin - https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2379
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post

~Melanie
    I'm getting invalid business name. I just started going through the steps to create my business account with them. I had to record a video of the street location, etc., and I need to wait a few days for it to be reviewed apparently. Maybe it will work in a few days. Thanks!

Does the plugin require you to have the business setup on the google end of things? Does it automatically list new products as you create them in ZC? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting invalid business name. I just started going through the steps to create my business account with them. I had to record a video of the street location, etc., and I need to wait a few days for it to be reviewed apparently. Maybe it will work in a few days. Thanks!

Does the plugin require you to have the business setup on the google end of things? Does it automatically list new products as you create them in ZC? Thanks!
    Yes, in that you need to login to your Google Merchant Center (GMC) account - I think that the business setup is part of that process, it's been a while since I created mine and I forget the path I took to get there.

Yes, in that you can automate the plugin's feed generation (via a cron job, at a frequency of your choosing) and then stipulate in GMC the frequency at which your feed is fetched from your Zen Cart 'feed/google' folder. You can of course always generate the feed manually aswell as fetching it manually from within GMC.

There's a support thread for any plugin-related queries - https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Support-Thread
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

hmm, ok. So far, I got into google with a "2" at the end of my business name, then created a txt spreadsheet and uploaded one product. I'm probably messing this up as I should have waited. Is the "feed" just the spreadsheet?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

hmm, ok. So far, I got into google with a "2" at the end of my business name, then created a txt spreadsheet and uploaded one product. I'm probably messing this up as I should have waited. Is the "feed" just the spreadsheet?

Thanks
    If we're talking about the plugin then the feed is an .xml file that the plugin produces containg your product details. You can create a feed manually - which is what you did with your text file (before this plugin I created my own .csv file and manually uploaded that) but the plugin is much easier.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Ok, thanks. I will wait and see then try for the plugin. Thanks for the help!