Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Bots stuck in the store?

I have noticed, in recent weeks, that when I check the Who's online, there are dozens of "customers" with a cart, and they all have different numbers of "Gift certificates" but they don't have names (just IP), and they never check out. Right now, I see 87 of them, and they all have the same IP (and there is nobody else in the store).

What is that? Can I get rid of them? If so, how?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bots stuck in the store?

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    I have noticed, in recent weeks, that when I check the Who's online, there are dozens of "customers" with a cart, and they all have different numbers of "Gift certificates" but they don't have names (just IP), and they never check out. Right now, I see 87 of them, and they all have the same IP (and there is nobody else in the store).

What is that? Can I get rid of them? If so, how?
    Do you sell gift certificates?
    What version of Zen Cart & PHP?

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Do you sell gift certificates?
    What version of Zen Cart & PHP?

~Melanie
    Yes I do (I probably should remove them as they are rarely purchased).
    Zencart 1.5.7c
    PHP : in the backend of the store, it says PHP Version: 5.6.40 but on my host it is 8.0

By the way, today, there are "only" 57 in the store, and the IPs are no longer the same (although a whole bunch still share the same IP)

What would happen if I were to remove the gift certificate option? Would those bots disappear?
    Last edited by CaroleAs; 30 Jan 2024 at 03:23 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I do (I probably should remove them as they are rarely purchased).
    Zencart 1.5.7c
    PHP : in the backend of the store, it says PHP Version: 5.6.40 but on my host it is 8.0

By the way, today, there are "only" 57 in the store, and the IPs are no longer the same (although a whole bunch still share the same IP)
    Your version of PHP is too low. While you should most certainly upgrade your Zen Cart, the version of PHP is too low as Zen Cart v1.5.7 is designed for PHP 5.6 through PHP 8.0 (with PHP 7.4 recommended). (https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._requirements/)

I would watch for the number of gift certificates sent, or any other GV related strange activity because you may be vulnerable.

Do not post a link to your site in this thread for security.

I would proceed to update your PHP to 7.4 on your installation and make plans to begin upgrading to 1.5.8a ASAP.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I would proceed to update your PHP to 7.4 on your installation and make plans to begin upgrading to 1.5.8a ASAP.

~Melanie
    I am so not that techy with ZC. Upgrading means outsourcing it since there is no one-click upgrade like Wordpress, right? I have done it myself once, and it took me 2 weeks (and a super long thread in the support forum, back then!) That is why I was keeping that version.

How do I upgrade the PHP? As I said, on my host it is set to 8.0. How do I change that in ZC?

And please, give me very detailed steps as it is still a foreign language to me.

Plugin Contributions

I am so not that techy with ZC. Upgrading means outsourcing it since there is no one-click upgrade like Wordpress, right? I have done it myself once, and it took me 2 weeks (and a super long thread in the support forum, back then!) That is why I was keeping that version.

How do I upgrade the PHP? As I said, on my host it is set to 8.0. How do I change that in ZC?

And please, give me very detailed steps as it is still a foreign language to me.
    Your host most likely said they have PHP 8.0 available, however, your Zen Cart is using 5.6 so that is what is configured in your hosted account.
    They should be able to help you with this =)

No one click upgrade, but software has to be kept up to date... it's too dangerous otherwise.

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

I have removed the Gift Certificate option from the store.
    I have updated PHP which now shows PHP Version: 7.4.33
    I tried 8.0 but I got a blank page so something must not agree with it (i will have to investigate).
    Is there a way to "kick out" everyone in the store?

Plugin Contributions

Configuration >> Website Maintenance

Plugin Contributions

Configuration >> Website Maintenance
    By putting it under maintenance? For how long?

Plugin Contributions

By putting it under maintenance? For how long?
    Until you turn it off =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast