Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading to php 8.2: The PHP version you are using (8.2.12) is not suitable.

All of this is running on my local server with LAMPP.

I had an older LAMPP running with php 7.4 or 8.0; not sure anymore.

I had Zen Cart version 1.5.8 running with no problem.

I installed a newer version of LAMPP with php 8.2.12. Still no problem. Test system was running fine.

I wanted to get the local database updated with the data from my live system (Zen Cart 1.5.7d, php 8.0).
    Overwrite the database from local test system with data from live system.
    Plan was to use zc_install to upgrade the old DB to new version. I did this a lot of times before with other versions, but not under php 8.2.

Now I go to zc_install and there is an error message:

Incorrect PHP Version.The PHP version you are using (8.2.12) is not suitable.
    This version of Zen Cart® is compatible with PHP versions 7.3 to 8.0, although 7.4.x or higher is recommended.

I still can access admin (after renaming zc_install). and can see the front end of the shop. But zc_install gives me an error.

I am not sure how to solve this problem without changing back to an older php-version.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading to php 8.2: The PHP version you are using (8.2.12) is not suitable.

Sounds like you were using the zc_install from Zen Cart 1.5.7. You need to set your Zen Cart 1.5.8 configure files to point to the live database and run the zc_install on your Zen Cart 1.5.8 installation (You can just delete whatever zc_install folder you have in your 1.5.8 installation, pull a fresh download of 1.5.8, and copy that zc_install in.)
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading to php 8.2: The PHP version you are using (8.2.12) is not suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Sounds like you were using the zc_install from Zen Cart 1.5.7. You need to set your Zen Cart 1.5.8 configure files to point to the live database and run the zc_install on your Zen Cart 1.5.8 installation (You can just delete whatever zc_install folder you have in your 1.5.8 installation, pull a fresh download of 1.5.8, and copy that zc_install in.)
    zc_install is definitely from zen cart 1.5.8.
    I downgraded to php 8.1.25 and it worked. Under 8.2.12 I get the error.

Plugin Contributions

OK I see. You're running Zen Cart 1.5.8 (initial release). This issue was fixed in Zen Cart 1.5.8a.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.
    Would it help if I copy only the zc_install folder from 1.5.8a to 1.5.8? Or are there any complications?
    I have a lot of modified files, so a quick upgrade from 1.5.8 to 1.5.8a can not be done.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by todoonada View Post
    Thank you.
    Would it help if I copy only the zc_install folder from 1.5.8a to 1.5.8? Or are there any complications?
    I have a lot of modified files, so a quick upgrade from 1.5.8 to 1.5.8a can not be done.
    There are files that were modified in support of correcting issues found in the base version. (If you do not use the latest fileset somewhere in your future, then you will have operational problems. ) Just using the zc_install fileset "should" support doing just a database update, but now there may be problems fixed in the other files which may still be a problem by using only the updated zc_install folder...

Really, to give you a good answer about what minimum action is necessary, should better describe your plan and needs. Otherwise, in absence of a well considered plan, should always use the latest fileset of a version noting that there are changes made to the 1.5.8 branch after the release of 1.5.8a. Some are significant modifications both in file content and in operation. Why? I haven't a clue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I guessed it would not be so easy.
    I got a mail from ISP that they upgrade to php 8.2 in 10 days. I already had Zen Cart 1.5.8 ready and made some tests before going live. Then I found the complication with zc_install and php 8.2.
    I will upgrade to Zen Cart 1.5.8a of course, but need more time to do that.

I suggest an edit here:
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._requirements/
    Zen Cart v1.5.8 is designed for PHP 7.3 through PHP 8.3 (with PHP 8.1 recommended and PHP 8.2 or less required for zc_install)

The part with PHP 8.2 seems not to be true for v1.5.8 (that is the very first version of 1.5.8).

Plugin Contributions

They've been trying to "streamline" things. So much so that a potential response is that should always use the latest, no matter how long or may have taken or how inaccurate the current help is when using or referring to older software.

The help info no longer really covers how things used to be in support of the community understanding and discussion it once offered, it basically is a here it is now... sort of.

I mean the fact that the software "runs" with php 8.3 but can't be installed at that version seems oxymoronic and further that the zc_install calls a software function that must be installed in the site build but then isn't used anywhere else in the store code seems like it could have been better thought out. Don't worry though version 2.0 is already out for testing.

Apparently for features to be added, multiple people need to speak up rather than just the several who have already presented compelling arguments. Never too late for someone like yourself to chime in on features or improvements.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

> Would it help if I copy only the zc_install folder from 1.5.8a to 1.5.8? Or are there any complications?

I believe this would work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    ... noting that there are changes made to the 1.5.8 branch after the release of 1.5.8a. Some are significant modifications both in file content and in operation. Why? I haven't a clue.
    This is a meta comment, unrelated to the OP's issue.

If you can ask your question in the form of a specific question in Github Discussions, lat9 or drbyte or I will do our best to give you an answer.