Plugin Contributions

Default Only enable products that have an image file

I am taking on the project of automatically syncing our ZC database to our POS (Unicenta) product database for inventory tracking - using the Unicenta database as the primary and periodically sending database updates to ZC (that is the plan anyway).
    The primary issue with that is our brick and mortar store has a lot of products that shouldn't be available online (consignment, oversized, one-offs,etc) - so I figured the easiest way to make sure they aren't listed on the website would be to have products disabled unless they have a corresponding image file (that would follow some strict naming convention based on the product ID). I have not seen a plugin that would offer that, rightfully so as it seems quite niche. Could any experienced zenners point me in the direction of what files I would have to work with, or documentation that might offer some guidance, or past experience with a similar scenario?
    Or am I going about this the wrong way, maybe there is a pre-existing solution that I haven't come across yet?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Only enable products that have an image file

If you are creating all of your products from your Unicenta primary, then are you able to flag the products as 'instore only' there & not export them. ZC doesn't know about them, so no need for complicated methods to not show them. Alternatively you could create a new stock status "POS only"

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Only enable products that have an image file

Thanks for that heads up it definitely sounds simpler than my original idea - I didn't even know I could categorize UC products based on location.