Plugin Contributions

Default I have noticed lots of connections from places in HK , russia and singapore and then.

Hello,

This may be a stupid question so forgive me. But over the last month i have noticed My site getting hammed by connections from places in Singapore , HK and Russia. These connections from areas we don't or can't ship too always load a random items in cart and then switch to another item. We get hundreds of these connections per day. I also noticed that starting near the end of last month and this month so far. Our sales have tanked. Is this some sorta of attack? Our ranking in search console seems to be the same. Why did this crank to 11 all of the sudden with the connections ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrome_VhQoYT6fEC.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	20567
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrome_NP7ZTTlP1G.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	20568
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I have noticed lots of connections from places in HK , russia and singapore and t

Jason,
    certainly not a stupid question. Not an expert on this but we're the same, we only ship to 50 states yet I regularly see sessions from China and I wonder what they're up to. You can always block IP addresses if you notice the same one over and over.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I have noticed lots of connections from places in HK , russia and singapore and t

Thank you so much RacingAddiction. Yeah i know very little about most of these things. I guess i lucked up with the help i got years ago. Things where humming along swimmingly up till about the 26 of last month. Then i noticed the funds flow dropped. I hadn't done anything to the site. But i noticed all those connections. It was relentless. I had that access blocker plugin installed and it seemed to work for a bit before the flood. But they started hitting us with so many different ips from the same location I couldn't keep up. Soon i was blocking whole ranges of IPs from those nations , going so far as blocking those nations completely since i don't ship there away. Then I worried I maybe was making google search console mad by doing that. Because I read this site that talked about how it might be frowned on. So i guess i trying to figure out if this is something i should worry about and if so .. is there anything i can do to stop it. And finally if this is the cause for the cash flow sudden change.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

We're on 1.5.8, per swguy's post I'm thinking strongly (e.g. I have 10 mins to look at the documentation) of changing our DNS to Cloudflare. It's a bit like whack-a-mole, isn't it? As soon as you bulldoze over one burrow several others appear.

Your comment about not making Google mad struck a chord, we use an agency to manage and place our ads, one of their common refrains is not to make large changes. lol.

Cool site by the way!