Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by DrByte@Dec 10 2005, 08:14 PM
    You could always ask your webhost for advice on how to make the files read-only.
    Dear DrByte,
    Appreciate for all your advises. I'll check with my webhost tomorrow. On the other hand, that didn't explain why zen-cart still complain on the configure.php file even though its permission is already 644 which should be ok stated in all the documents. Maybe something else as well.
    Kind regards.

Plugin Contributions

On some servers, 644 is not enough and you need 444 or the message will continue to show ...

Unfortunately, on some servers you may not be able to set 644 or 444 via FTP and will have to do it through your Control Panel ...

On others, you may not even be able to set 444 even through the Control Panel ...

You will have to work it out with your hosting site to allow you access to all the settings in your own site ...

If they will not provide you with full access to your server, might I suggest that you peek at our Certified Hosting sites and find a fast, reliable hosting company that will work your way and not their's? :)
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Dear Ajeh,

Thanks for your advise (including DrByte). I had called up my hosting provider today and fixed up my right to change the permission level. Now, I don't have the warning.

But I have to say I am very surprise on how responsive this forum is. Good on all of you.

Kindest regards.

Plugin Contributions

We do try to stay on top of things here on the forum ...

While it is supported by volunteers and the members of the Zen Cart Team, we like to be involved in the forum as much as possible to help assure that we see and hear about issues, the needs and desires of the community first hand ...

While new things that you need may not always get in the next release or two ... we do try to work in new features that help make your e-commerce experience a better one that grows with each release ... B)
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Like the aforementioned users, I am getting the same error message. I use Coffee Cup as my FTP. I click to change the permission to the specified 644 through check marks or what not and then it reverts back to the prior 700. How do I ensure it stays at 644?

Plugin Contributions

You may need to change the setting via your Control Panel ...

Some servers do not allow 644 or 444 to be set via FTP
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12