Page 103 of 186 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1859
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wordpress On Zencart / Released

Quote Originally Posted by loosefast View Post
    I actually didn't read your previous post before I made my last post! No disagreement! I certainly was not including you in my general observation.
    We're cool!

I was just noticing the trend of the postings of WOZ still not being ready for prime time. Now that v 1.4 is released and (maybe) the developer will stick around, we can make some progress on it.
    Not for nothing, but as cool as this module is, there has never been anyone to take the reigns of this project over for Hira.. In Hira's own words he cannot offer much in the way of support here or on his own site since there is a serious language barrier.. Unless we get a Japanese translator in here, those of use who use this app will continue struggling through supporting each other..

I'm excited because I installed the new version and everything seems to work as advertised. But, apparently not for anybody else!.
    I share your excitement, but based on the posts since the release, alas I see this version is also suffering from issues as did the last version.. I'll do my own testing this weekend to form a better opinion on this, but the issue for me with this module has always been in the fact that this module doesn't install consistently.. The sideboxes have ALWAYS worked perfectly though (hence my posted sidebox only solution..)

I have yet to see a zen site that leads to a separate install and template of WordPress that looks seamless. Gotta keep that "Checkout" link in view...
    Ahhhh IMO, seemless only comes from taking the time to make it seemless.. Not everyone will put in that extra effort.. It starts with styling the WordPress template to match the store's look and feel. and you have to get downright anal about it.. Look and feel aside, the MOST important aspect is tying the navigation between the store and the blog together.. The top and bottom nave should match as well as most other navigational elements.. I always include links back not just to the store's home page, but to the products, contact page, forms, and any other content that should be used to tie the store and the blog together to create a seemless experience..

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post

alas I see this version is also suffering from issues as did the last version.. .
    can you see any issues in my test install at http://berkautoguide.com/zen ?

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

can you see any issues in my test install at http://berkautoguide.com/zen ?

thanks!
    The only thing I see with this one is the re-writing of the URLS.. Dunno if this is an intentional feature/function of WOZ, but I did find it odd.. You should activate more widgets so you can fully test other WP links.. To fully test this, I would also activate the other sideboxes as well just to see if they also work..

The only thing I see with this one is the re-writing of the URLS..
    This is the 'stock' install of WOZ 1.4 and zen 1.3.8a, no added re-writing mods are here.

Dunno if this is an intentional feature/function of WOZ, but I did find it odd.. You should activate more widgets so you can fully test other WP links.. To fully test this, I would also activate the other sideboxes as well just to see if they also work..
    The other WOZ sideboxes are not needed if the WP_sidbox displays WHATEVER* you assign in the widgets section of the Dashboard.

*OK OK (maybe)

Plugin Contributions

This is the 'stock' install of WOZ 1.4 and zen 1.3.8a, no added re-writing mods are here.
    Understood, but WOZ is doing some sort of re-writing to the links as they are not formatted the way the old WOZ links used to be formatted.

For example this: http : //berkautoguide . com/zen/index.php?main_page=wordpress
    becomes this: http : //berkautoguide . com/zen/?main_page=wordpress

and this is different than the previous version of WOZ which did not re-write blog links like this..
    The other WOZ sideboxes are not needed if the WP_sidbox displays WHATEVER* you assign in the widgets section of the Dashboard.

*OK OK (maybe)
    I realize the other sideboxes are not needed if you are using the 'wp_sidebar' sidebox, but when I test software I test EVERYTHING even if I won't be using it to make sure everything works as expected.. So I was suggesting testing ALL the sideboxes to make sure they all work..
    Last edited by DivaVocals; 25 Nov 2009 at 10:31 PM.

Understood, but WOZ is doing some sort of re-writing to the links as they are not formatted the way the old WOZ links used to be formatted.

For example this: http : //berkautoguide . com/zen/index.php?main_page=wordpress
    becomes this: http : //berkautoguide . com/zen/?main_page=wordpress

and this is different than the previous version of WOZ which did not re-write blog links like this..
    I realize the other sideboxes are not needed if you are using the 'wp_sidebar' sidebox, but when I test software I test EVERYTHING even if I won't be using it to make sure everything works as expected.. So I was suggesting testing ALL the sideboxes to make sure they all work..
    All boxes are now on, and using Classic template.

Only thing I'm seeing is that EZ-pages links will not show. I'm not quite getting your url example, do you mean the links are broken in wordpress?

OK. If I manually enter the url to an EZ page, I am seeing the title and breadcrumb links but a blank content area others mentioned in earlier posts.

http://berkautoguide.com/zen/index.p...id=1&chapter=0

So looks like a conflict there...
    Last edited by loosefast; 25 Nov 2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: more testing

OK. I see the links change
    http://berkautoguide.com/zen/index.p...=wordpress&p=3
    becomes
    http://berkautoguide.com/zen/?main_page=wordpress&p=3

the index.php partdisappears from the url

Plugin Contributions

It seems to me that we are getting away from discussing WOZ here.

Most recent posts are instead discussing other methods of using WordPress together with Zen Cart.

That's fine, but really not what this forum topic is about. I don't think it helps the folks having issues with this mod.

Has anybody setup the version 1.4 of WOZ with zen and gotten it to work?
    While this is true, if there is a better alternative, it should be mentioned.

Plugin Contributions

Your site loads VERY slow, and though my screen resolution is set to 1152 X 864, the left and right side of your site extends OFF my screen without even a scrollbar to see the far left and far right of the layout..
    i know! i spoke to this client at length about both performance and screen res, all to no avail. if only i had time to rant away here, but unfortunately they suggested the screen res of 1280 wide, and they also insisted on the visuals after we spent months working on numerous mockups. did the best i could with a stubborn customer, however perhaps i will be less tolerant next time as it reflects poorly on me!

I posted this earlier in the WOZ support thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpost.php?p=693495&postcount=655.
    thanks for this, didn't see it (i think at some stage i got double vision trying to find a solution!), will check it out.

I'm also gonna create a 'wp_posts' sidebox which displays the same content as your WordPress latest posts widget...
    i had thought about doing the same, i just don't know if a sidebox does it justice. i also think many people would like to have pics visible for a more "seamless" integration, which also wouldn't squeeze into a sidebox in many instances. might keep a track of this thread if you're going to post updates as i believe what you are trying to do would be EXTREMELY beneficial for many users.

cheers
    andrejs

Plugin Contributions

tried to edit, but took too long.

that last bit sounded silly - wasn't really what i was trying to say. should have read like this:

i had thought about doing the same, i just don't know if sideboxes and the discrepancy between styles does it any justice. i had so much trouble dealing with conflicts in the stylesheets that i simply figured WP wasn't that hard to learn from the ground up and it was probably going to suit the customer better with the implementation we finished up with. i also think many people would like to see less of WP in their WOZ implementation and more of ZC in their WP implementation, as the money maker is ZC, while the traffic maker is WP, so looks aint necessarily that important with WP for a "seamless" integration.

will keep a track of this thread if you're going to post updates as i believe what you are trying to do would be EXTREMELY beneficial for many users, and i am now wondering about whether i should give it a crack.

cheers
    andrejs