Page 91 of 186 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wordpress On Zencart / Released

Has anyone run into the problem where they embed wordpress and then when you go to the site's homepage the wordpress homepage is embedded into the zen cart homepage? For instance, if I type in example.com/site then example.com/site/? is what comes up in the brwoser address bar and the wordpress content is there. I don't want that, I just want it embedded into zen cart and showing only when you click on a link in the sidebox. I think this might be due to one of a zillion mods I have on the zen cart, which is 1.3.7.1 and wp is 2.8.4, but I am not sure. I have seen where other sites are running this without this problem, such as http://asialuna.com/ which was posted in this thread.

I have tried doing a redirect with .htaccess but it won't work for some reason. Any ideas??

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,
    I have seen very little mention of this here. The RSS Feed is broken. The error " XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity ".

When viewing the page source I see that normal headers and footers are loading. I have created a new override folder in includes/templates/myTemp/ with blank header and footer files.

This has not worked so far but I could also have the folder named incorrectly.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Has anyone run into the problem where they embed wordpress and then when you go to the site's homepage the wordpress homepage is embedded into the zen cart homepage? For instance, if I type in example.com/site then example.com/site/? is what comes up in the brwoser address bar and the wordpress content is there. I don't want that, I just want it embedded into zen cart and showing only when you click on a link in the sidebox. I think this might be due to one of a zillion mods I have on the zen cart, which is 1.3.7.1 and wp is 2.8.4, but I am not sure. I have seen where other sites are running this without this problem, such as http://asialuna.com/ which was posted in this thread.

I have tried doing a redirect with .htaccess but it won't work for some reason. Any ideas??
    Don't know if there is a "fix" for this, but it certainly is normal behavior for this mod.. (BTW if you go to http://asialuna.com/? this does bring up their blog)

Before kiddos fix this was a sort of work around for those of use who could not get the http://yoursite.com/index.php?main_page=wordpress to display the blog correctly..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Don't know if there is a "fix" for this, but it certainly is normal behavior for this mod.. (BTW if you go to http://asialuna.com/? this does bring up their blog)

Before kiddos fix this was a sort of work around for those of use who could not get the http://yoursite.com/index.php?main_page=wordpress to display the blog correctly..
    Ah, yes, I should have clarified. I know that going to mysite.com/? will go to the blog, but on a clean zc 1.3.7.1 install with wp embedded the default behavior when you go to mysite.com is to go to mysite.com and the regular zen main page is displayed. For some reason, when I go to my super modified site(a clone testing site of course!) and go to mysite.com/test_site it will go to mysite.com/test_site/?. That is what I can't figure out. I have tried to redirect with an htaccess file but everything that I have tried so far doesn't work or will break the functionality of the zen cart wordpress sidebox and when you click a wp link it just redirects back to the index page.

It's been frustrating the heck out of me. I just had a thought that perhaps the test site being in a subdirectory and not the root might have something to do with it somehow. I will try installing a test clone into one of my dormant domain's root to see if that is the problem.

There is some weird conflict going on and I can't quite get it right. I have tried changing some of the logic in includes/extra_configures/wordpress-config.php but still haven't gotten it with or without Kiddo's fix.

If anyone else has had a similar problem and a fix I am all ears! I will keep working on isolating the problem, and once figured out I will post my results.

Plugin Contributions

@lankeeyankee

what happens when you go to mysite.com/test_site/index.php

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to include the address. You'll see the page load with the name META_TAG_TITLE, this is not a problem. Will get to it next.

http://www.12volt-travel.com/knowledgebase/feed/

Thanks,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by niccol View Post
    @lankeeyankee

what happens when you go to mysite.com/test_site/index.php
    It opens as expected on the regular zen cart homepage. I have tried to redirect mysite.com/test_site and mysite.com/test_site/ to mysite.com/test_site/index.php with an htaccess rewrite rule but it isn't working, it doesn't redirect so I am doing something wrong.

Here's a new thing, though. When I went back to it today it is working as expected when going to mysite.com/test_site or mysite.com/test_site/ meaning it's going to the regular zen cart homepage.

Last night I found that I had www.mysite.com/test_site in the zc config file and mysite.com/test_site in wp config, so I changed the zc config to match wp, ie. no www. at the beginning.

And I also have query cache mod installed, I don't know how long the database cache lasts, and I was thinking that perhaps this was one of those times when clearing the browser cache and cookies and refreshing the page still didn't show the new changes?

Either way, it appears to be working right now, but I thought I had it before and came back to it to find out that I hadn't gotten it, so I can't say for sure yet.

Do you have any suggestions as what to do to make sure that we always get to the default index.php page when someone first gets to mysite.com/test_site ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bumba000 View Post
    Forgot to include the address. You'll see the page load with the name META_TAG_TITLE, this is not a problem. Will get to it next.

http://www.12volt-travel.com/knowledgebase/feed/

Thanks,
    John
    I'm not sure I understand where the error is coming from. Is it on a wordpress page's RSS link? Or do you have the zen cart RSS feed module installed and that is what is giving the error? It is missing the XML declaration line, so possibly there is a corrupt file that is not outputting the declaration line before the rest of the feed info?

Plugin Contributions

Hi lankeeyankee,
    If you look at the source of that page you'll see that the declaration line is before the rest of the feed info but there is also a standard header, footer and everything in between.

Simply put, the source behind the page isn't just the feed.

Thanks,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bumba000 View Post
    Hi lankeeyankee,
    If you look at the source of that page you'll see that the declaration line is before the rest of the feed info but there is also a standard header, footer and everything in between.

Simply put, the source behind the page isn't just the feed.

Thanks,
    John
    I see what you mean. Perhaps it has something to do with the rewritten url? On mine, with the default permalinks the feed is mysite.com/?feed=rss2 and yours is /feed. I had problems getting anything but the default permalinks working correctly within zen cart. If I changed them to anything but the default permalink all of the wordpress links in my zc sidebox would just resolve to the homepage.