Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart + CK-ERP

Hi, MG,

Thank you for your interest in CK-ERP.

Your question is answered by one of the FAQs listed in ck-erp.org . I am cutting and pasting it below for your reference,

=============================================================================

Q. Why is CK-ERP not tightly integrated with the underlying middleware ?
    A. Presently, CK-ERP is able to run within 23 different middleware environments and there are more to come. If you are interested in 'integrating' tightly CK-ERP within xxx (database-wise, processing-logic-wise), you may perhaps spend a year to do the job -- 23 different middlewares? 23 man-years. Then, you would have to spend another nnn years to debug the (CK-ERP + xxx + yyy) combos, say, (Joomla + Zencart + CK-ERP). You know the sum.

One may consider things like SOA, RPC to provide some sort of loose coupling. However, these technologies do not seem to be mature enough nor secure enough to be able to stand the test in a court of law. That is, if there is a major processing error within, say, a SOA based (Joomla + CK-ERP) environment, it would take a team of experts to find which is at fault - Joomla, CK-ERP or even the SOA stack itself.

So, it is decided that (CK-ERP + xxx) 'integration' will stop at the point of producing xxx connectors. For the rest of the 'integration' job, it is a standing invitation for any open source software integrator to try his/her hand. Indeed, it is in this area, where software integrators, traditionally, excel. Again, it is also a standing invitation to any and all open source software integrators to contribute their integration code back to CK-ERP, if they, so, incline.

At the same time, please don't ask the CK-ERP project team how a particular (CK-ERP + xxx) tight integration should be done. Because,

1) We have no expertise in xxx .
    2) As it is, we are already fully occupied with enhancing the various functions of CK-ERP and producing yyy connectors.
    ============================================================================

A further standard rider:- I would encourage you to work on the database and logic integration of Zencart and CK-ERP to ensure the combination meets your requirements and subsequently contributing your integration code back to Zencart and CK-ERP.

Cheers,
    CK

Plugin Contributions

Umm i've been looking at CK-ERP for the last hour and correct me if I'm wrong but it's just a ERP that sites "within" the relevant apps, but doesn't actually have any real world data integration?

If so, then it's not really 'integrated' at all but more a case of being 'embedded' within the application as a seperate standalone module.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, downforce,

I guess the reply to your question is already included in the FAQ that I quoted before. At the same time, if you feel that the current 'combination' of (Zencart + CK-ERP) is not integration per se, I would encourage you to work on the 'integration' of Zencart and CK-ERP, and, subsequently contribute your integration code back to Zencart and CK-ERP.

Best Regards,
    CK

Plugin Contributions

Default CK-ERP (Open Source ERP / CRM / MRP) 0.25.1 released (with Zencart 1.3.7.1 connector)

Hi, folks,

I have posted a new release, v.0.25.1, of CK-ERP, at SourceForge.Net, http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck-erp .

New features include,
    five new templates,
    fy2t – for use by factory-like businesses operating within a dual (Canadian) tax environment
    fy1t – for use by factory-like businesses operating within a single (Australian) tax environment
    so2t – for use by service organizations operating within a dual (Canadian) tax environment
    so1t – for use by service organizations operating within a single (Australian) tax environment
    simp – for use by small simplistic businesses operating within a single (Australian) tax environment
    a connector for IRM (Information Resource Manager),
    a sample chart of accounts for use by internet based businesses,
    addition of ZhongGuo VAT tax rate.

CK-ERP is an open source accounting/MRP/ERP/CRM system that runs on top of multiple middlewares. It comprises 22 modules - Administration, i18n, Contact Management, Customer Relationship, Customer Self Service, Vendor Relationship, Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, MRP, Warehouse, Inventory, Service, AP, AR, PO, SO, Quotation, POS for Cashier, POS for Manager, HR, Staff Self Service and Payroll. It provides accounting and back office functionalities to SMEs and utilizes the underlying middleware to administer accounts/groups. Please report error and suggestion to the discussion group / mailing list, CK-ERP-en(at)googlegroups.com or CK-ERP-zh_CN(at)googlegroups.com . General history and expected development is available at the discussion group's Archive.

Supported MiddleWares: IRM, LegalCase, MirrorMed, ClearHealth, OpenEMR, eGroupWare, Horde-GroupWare; Zencart, CRELoaded, osCMax, osCommerce; Drupal, Joomla, Mambo, e107, XOOPS, Xaraya; Moodle, Atutor; vTiger, XRMS; WordPress, b2evolution; TikiWiki; phpBB.

Information/Demo Websites:
    http://ck-erp.org
    http://ck-erp.net
    http://ck-erp.com

Cheers,
    Wu Chiu Kay, aka CK Wu, aka CK (CK is the preferred alias)
    Hong Kong

Plugin Contributions

Hi, all:

I'm very interesting in this ck-erp but i'dont have root acces to my hosting.

Anybody know how can i install this contribution in my zencart, i have only ftp acces to my linux hosting can i do that, and in my home have windows in pc.

Thank you very much for your help
    Happy new year to every body.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, jmeca,

You don't really need root access to install Zencart + CK-ERP. The demo at,

http://ck-erp.org/zencart/admin/login.php

is, itself, installed via CPANEL, and setup within a webhosting environment. Please refer to the online Installation Manual located at,

http://ck-erp.org/drupal/?q=en/node/12

especially, Step 6Q.

At the same time, please note that, one of the design principles of CK-ERP is,
    "Will fail within a Windows environment"

Best Regards,
    CK Wu

Plugin Contributions

Hi, all.

I try to install this contribution but wen I'll go to
    http://www.outletmuebles.es/muebles/...dmin/index.php

an error told me the next:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /hsphere/local/home/meca3210/outletmuebles.es/muebles/admin/includes/header.php on line 219

I revised the code several times but i can't continue.

Do you have any idea more than me, what can i do.

Thank you very much for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, jmeca,

With reference to the CK-ERP Installation Manual,
    ===============================================================================
    Step 6Q (for Zencart users only)
    - Edit (zencart root)/admin/includes/header.php to insert [CK-ERP] into Zencart's header display,
    At around line 167 and behind the following clause - <td class="headerBarContent" align="center"><b><?php echo date("r", time()) . 'GMT' . ' [' . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].' ] ';?></b></td>
    add the following phrase - <td class="headerBarContent" align="right"><b><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link('ck-ledger/index.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="headerLink">' . 'CK-ERP' . '</a> ' ?></b></td array('title' => BOX_HEADING_MY_ACCOUNT,
    - AT THIS POINT, DO NOT CLICK ON THE [CK-ERP] MENU CHOICE. Instead use your browser to visit directly http://(domainname or localhost)/(zencart root)/admin/ck-admin/index.php
    - Complete the Test Environment installation as described in Step 10 to step 19
    ===============================================================================
    I suspect the syntax error may have been created while editing (zencart root)/admin/includes/header.php . The line number (167) is based on Zencart v.1.3.7.1 . If you are running other Zencart version, you may have to adjust the editting a bit. Because the action involves editting raw php/html code, it does require a bit of php/html skill. If after multiple attempt, the syntax error remains, my suggestion is trying out CK-ERP at some other middleware platform.

Best Regards,
    CK

Plugin Contributions

Hello:
    Maybe it can be the problem, i use the 1.3.7 Zencart version the line you say is 167 in my file is 219 it can't be the same.

Do you have any idea if i can install your software o how can i modify the file?
    I don't kwon php only can i modify files.

Thank you very for you help.
    Please be Happy in the New Year

Plugin Contributions

Hi, jmeca,

Since Zencart 1.3.7 is quite a while back and the (Zencart + CK-ERP) connector had been steadily updated to align with the latest version of Zencart, you may face some other problems later on, (even if you solve the current file editting problem), due to some other version incompatibility issues. As mentioned in the previous reply, my best suggestion is to try out some other middleware platform.

Best Regards,
    CK

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast