Page 101 of 384 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

Did you set 'Product Qty Units' to 0 ?
    This should be set to 1 or more.

Anyway, I just noticed you mentioned EPA, which I guess it means you use the advanced version because there's no way you can set this with standard EP, unless you modify the code.
    If you use EP Advance, you should be able to get better support from the place you purchased it.

Plugin Contributions

Hello TreeWoman and FreshStart,
    Welcome to our little corner of the ZC world.

First TreeWoman, I will try to answer, it just may not be what you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by treewoman View Post
    I keep getting this error upon checkout -
    Please update your order ...
    Product Name: Bariatric Mattress Only 48 W ... Quantity Units errors -
    You ordered a total of: 1 Min: 0 Units: 0

I only get this error with the products I entered using epa.
    The minimum, units and quantity all show up the same in the products manually entered as the products entered via epa.

I have tried to turn off any type of inventory control using the stock, listing and product type edits but nothing takes this error message off. The only way it disappeared was when I went into an item (first entered using epa) manually and changed the product quantity from 1 to 99999. I have over 8000 products that I entered using several different databases. I really don't want to go into the databases and change all the quantities again. I just want to disable any type of inventory control (which I thought I did). I don't have inventory issues.

One more epa related problem - I cannot add or change the quantity of products ordered on any of the items entered using epa. The manual products all have a quantity altering button available at the product description page and the checkout page but never for the epa loaded products.

Any ideas?
    As TJ1 mentioned, you should be asking at the location that you purchased EPA, or EPA's site. The code is most likely byte-compiled, meaning it is not open to the public for review, or modification. Now the good news. Instead of changing the product quantity one by one, and even with the ability to do so removed by using EPA on individual editing pages, there is one easy way of doing so.

In ZenCart, in the admin section, not the catalog the customers view, you will see a tab labeled Tools, and under that Install SQL patches (Tools > Install SQL patches). What you will do is issue an UPDATE command, just make note if you created the databases with a prefix (i.e, zc_) or not. The command is as follows:

UPDATE (prefixIfNeeded)products SET products_quantity = '9999' WHERE products_quantity < '9999';

This will update everything to a quanity of 9999 if it is not already set to that value.

FreshStart, as noted above by TJ1, the older 1.2.5.4 version is the better of the two, and he provided links to it. As to the second part of your question, I'll give it a shot, and like my answer to TreeWoman, you may not like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    Dear Colleagues,

New Zenner here. I note that there are two EasyPop versions available on Download. One is Easypop Langer and the other is Easypop from OSC. Which one is the best, in your opinion. In the meantime, I shall endeavour to read all of the post's associated with EP and try to locate an easy to read and understand method of installing the mod into Zencart.

On another note, why has the issue of there being no way to import XML live feed into Zencart not been resolved yet? If it has been resolved, please post details. On this latter issue, I have read the following article;

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/php...arsing-rss-1-0

Thx.

freshstart.
    I started to read the article that the link pointed to, I just didn't get past the opening paragraph or two. My first question is where would you get the live feed from? Do you know what the structure is? Everything is broken down into blocks, and that makes it easy, like reading an index card, yet harder if you don't know what order the information is presented in, the tag names, what can and can't be repeated, etc.

Do you realize that there is at least one module/add-on that I am aware of that exports XML? Yes, it is the one for Google, as Google requests the information that way for there on-line shops. There is also two or three modules that use XML to actively communicate with a third party in real time to verify information and update ZC (USPS/UPS [count as one big module, or two specialized, as you wish] and FedEx shipping modules). You can re-use some of the code provided to validate an address as it is entered when creating a new customer (though I don't see that happening in the code I have looked at), and it is used to verify the shipping address when an order is placed. It is also used to retrieve rate and estimated delivery time when an order is placed.

I don't want to discourage you, as the examples above show it is possible to use XML within ZenCart, even interactively. I have a vendor that puts out a data file that can be used with OSC with OSC's version of EP - version 2.74. I take the raw data from the file and work it over to conform to what I need, adjusting the product categories and set my sale prices mainly, yet I also look for bad links and typos that should not be there. Also, I will adjust the description more if I think it is needed, and to help keep it from looking like the exact same thing that a search engine has seen a hundred times before. You may just want to get the live feed on your own local computer, use a program to convert it to database entries, and check it over. Then you can export it, add the needed header line, and use EP to upload everything. I do believe it can be done in ZC, even if no-one has published a module for it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gabbytwin View Post
    Hi,
    hope someone can help me with an easy way of listing the product at their NETT price with any taxes included.
    I have a lot of products to go and edit prices with if I need to work out each one minus the taxes.
    Any idea will be great , did a search and couldnt find anything
    If what you are asking is how to determine the starting price of an item when you only have the tax rate and the "total with tax", the anwser is fairly simple math.

Example:

Tax rate = 6.5&#37;

Total (including tax) = $72.42

X = unknown price before tax

("/" means divided by)

X + (.065X) = 72.42

is the same as

1X + .065X = 72.42

therefore

1.065X = 72.42

X = 72.42/1.065

X = 68

You would want to set a formula in an Excel spreadsheet to something like the below example. Say your after tax data is in column D and you are using column M for your formula.

In the first cell (say it's row 2) in column M, input this =(D2/1.065), then copy/paste that cell into all of the remaining cells in that column.

You would then need to save the spreadsheet as a text file (tab delimited) to leave just the data, and not the formula. Then open it back up with the spreadsheet.
    Last edited by awhfy99; 4 Oct 2007 at 06:19 AM.
    Dennis
    www.stampdays.com
    Over 80,000 stamps and still growing!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    The version everyone should download is 1.2.5.4 last updated by langer, the other one is older and has many bugs.

Direct links to download EasyPopulate:
    http://modhole.com/modhole/index.php...JAS_File_id=60

or

http://www.zen-cart.com/archived_con...p_v1.2.5.4.zip

There's really no need to read any of the post in this thread to be able to successfully install and use EasyPopulate, installation and usage instructions are included in the download.

The standard and free download works on the latest version of ZenCart. No need to purchase the advanced version unless you need more advanced features. I tried the advanced version once and I actually found it a bit more difficult to use so I just stuck to using the standard version.

Plugin Contributions

AWEV & tj1,

Many thanks for your responses. At present, I am of the view that I do not have a clue what I am doing. I am not a coder and reading and working iwth code is not coming at all easy. Back to the drawing board.

Best wishes,

freshstart

Plugin Contributions

Yes I use easypopulate advanced. I agree, I SHOULD be able to get better support from them. I just cannot wait that long. It seems to take forever to get through to them. They figure out the problem when they get to it - but when that is we'll never know...

Plugin Contributions

Here is my next issue -
    Products Quantity Box Shows: Yes, Show Quantity Box No, Do not show Quantity Box

Is there a way to change this checkbox from the no to the yes on ALL my 8000 products? I don't want to change each and every product.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again TreeWoman,
    In this case you set a default from the admin area, under Configuration > Product Listing. Looking in the products database I don't see anything else.

FreshStart,
    I had forgoten something, the RSS thingy for letting your customers know the latest news at your site. RSS is pretty much XML - going out. You may be able to find out who has writen these apps, and maybe send them a message asking if they would consider working with you in developing the module you are looking for. Even if they develop the add-on they will need someone to test it, and guess who that could be?

Plugin Contributions

Can someone point me to why this is happening

I am listing my items in the txt file but only the first product lists ? even thought it says upload successful ...

File attached.

Can someone have a little look and tell me what is wrong?

edited to add ... also the images aren't showing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Cheers Awev,

As I have yet to use EP yet (I have managed to install it onto a test site only), I am very inexperienced with the software. I would appreciate being signposted to a simple 'idiots guide' to how the damn thing is supposed to work. I have read many dozens of posts about the software and still cannot understand it, although I really need to if I am to get around the problem of uploading several hundred / thousand images and bits of product information individually.

I am based in Manchester, England and I was just thinking, it would be nice if some kind soul would arrange a local beginners course on this subject asap.

Best wishes

Freshstart