Page 369 of 384 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

Quote Originally Posted by Calljj View Post
    see above, comment out line 582: //$custom_filelayout_sql.
    Actually, just remove this version and install newer version, there is a new one available.
    If not, you can just add the column to your database, as its missing from the install file provided, but does appear in the extra functions easypopulate.php file as below:

('', 'Custom Products Fields', 'EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS', '', 'Enter a comma seperated list of fields to be automatically added to import/export file(ie: products_length, products_width). Please make sure field exists in PRODUCTS table.', " . $group_id . ", '10', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL)
    ");

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to create an import template to map the files that I get from my distributor to easy populate rather than trying to change the new file every few days? I looked to instructions to use easy populate but found nothing. If I overlooked it I'm sorry. I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.1. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by cml1203; 9 May 2014 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Additional information

Plugin Contributions

Any update for 1.5.3?

Plugin Contributions

Zen cart 1.5.3 using Easy Populate For ZenCart v1.5.x

When I download a Froogle file to submit to Google I run into to several issues regardless of using open office or excel:

1) Column B "name field" has a leading space" and a trailing "space. I have to use the find replace or trim command to clean them up.
    2) Column C "description" has the same issue. Any blank spaces in the field has been change to 2 blank spaces. If a " character was in the field I now have "" in it's place.
    3) Column E "image url" has space characters inserted at random.
    4) Column F "category" has a leading and ending empty space. Any single space is now a double space.
    5) Column G "offer id" same issues as column F.
    6) Column J "brand" If the brand name is more than one word a leading and trailing space is inserted and the space between the words is now double spaced.

Has anyone else run into these problems?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keith z View Post
    Zen cart 1.5.3 using Easy Populate For ZenCart v1.5.x

When I download a Froogle file to submit to Google I run into to several issues regardless of using open office or excel:

1) Column B "name field" has a leading space" and a trailing "space. I have to use the find replace or trim command to clean them up.
    2) Column C "description" has the same issue. Any blank spaces in the field has been change to 2 blank spaces. If a " character was in the field I now have "" in it's place.
    3) Column E "image url" has space characters inserted at random.
    4) Column F "category" has a leading and ending empty space. Any single space is now a double space.
    5) Column G "offer id" same issues as column F.
    6) Column J "brand" If the brand name is more than one word a leading and trailing space is inserted and the space between the words is now double spaced.

Has anyone else run into these problems?
    For ZenCart 1.5.x You might want to run the Easy Populate that's stickied in this forum. It works REALLY well. And is similar to the 1.3.9 edition except no direct downloads (via stream). You have to essentially make two clicks. In addition, there are more options as well.

Try going here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Support-Thread

Plugin Contributions

well I just made my first screw up with EP. My orginal ZC install did not have any real "Product Model" loaded. I dumped the store out...updated all the Product Models to my Part Numbers...and got brand new parts loaded

I can delete these by changing the status code to 9 as I have read before. BUT->How do I update the product model without adding new parts?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    well I just made my first screw up with EP. My orginal ZC install did not have any real "Product Model" loaded. I dumped the store out...updated all the Product Models to my Part Numbers...and got brand new parts loaded

I can delete these by changing the status code to 9 as I have read before. BUT->How do I update the product model without adding new parts?
    after pouring through the code....

it is clear all the processing for EP is done by products_model. I really do not understand this as products_model is not the primary key to the the products table. I have a modification to this file to change this so I can fix my model numbers. Any input on why a non key field is being used in EP? I see what to change but I am worried about really messing something up.

Plugin Contributions

I have modified this older version of EP to handle updating the "products_model" field without creating new products. I am not sure what need there is for such an update but if you need this please let me know and I send you the modified file (only one file has been changed). My mods do add a quirk or two but it is really only needed to get your products tables updated once. Then you can use the normal EP version of your choice.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    after pouring through the code....

it is clear all the processing for EP is done by products_model. I really do not understand this as products_model is not the primary key to the the products table. I have a modification to this file to change this so I can fix my model numbers. Any input on why a non key field is being used in EP? I see what to change but I am worried about really messing something up.
    Products Model was essentially chosen since it is often a "neutral" identifier for products and very rarely duplicated in a products database. (I'm still not seeing a reason for a normal product without attributes needs to have a product model that matches.) Product Model was essentially chosen to make things easier to identify in a standard excel sheet rather than assigning a product ID number (which is the key identifier). If you want to remove the products model as being the identifier, you need something to go in its place as its identifier or else you won't have any way to update.

Think to MySQL terms. You can't just say "UPDATE products SET products_price='1.50'". If you do, MySQL will just update EVERY row in the products table with the price. You need to give it some identifier. Then just before that, you need to think in terms of EasyPopulate, EP needs some way of determining whether it is updating or inserting a new row to the appropriate databases. Without using products_model, you need a new field (or combination of fields) to identify the row that you want to update.

In short, a workaround can be done by inserting a column for "products_id" into the export/import functions of EP and then having EP see if it can find a record with that identifier. However, you need to then insert unique ID numbers for EVERY row in your EP CSV file to be imported or else, EP will then create new records each time. In addition, using this method, you need to keep the ID numbers the same way EACH time you plan on importing this file.

That is just my two cents on this.

Plugin Contributions

well I was able to tweak it to my purpose by adding the actual products_id into the export sheet. Then, if a row in the CSV files does not have a record number, it is then added as a new product. I really only need this tweak to get products_model modified as to be unique and loaded in the database, then I can go back to the normal side of EP and then maintain the uniqueness of the products_model. It just struck me as odd that EP created a requirement for a second unique field when one already existed.

Frankly, I am not fond of how Zen Cart uses the term "Products Model" To me, this should be a PART NUMBER when there are no attributes. That is why I never fooled around with using it (65% of my products had blanks and this is part of my current problem). I used it partially to define a group of parts designed by X. It was similar to F-150 for a Ford Truck and its the "model" designation. I do remember at the time thinking "where is the part number field for a specific part?"

but the entire process had me thinking about other smaller bits that I may have misinterpreted during my initial setup so I went and bought the Zen Cart ebook. I do not need 95% of it but some of the setup areas in the other 5% are very useful (I am a store owner but more a programmer myself). In fact, I have solved one error in my setup already so its worth the price.

Cheers
    Chris