Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

We are testing your claims on a brand new install and will get back to you shortly. We will see if we can be of some help with the matter if problems are found.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Phil020782 View Post
    Hi,
    I am having issues with this mod, I've installed the latest version on a v1.5.0 store. I followed the instructions the only bit I skipped was the code to track admin pages. I had a syntax error when I tried to install the sql in phpmyadmin, I change TYPE=MYISAM to ENGINE=MYISAM and everything seems to have been added correctly. I've uploaded the files to my server (except the readme folder and the sql folder). When I goto the admin of my store goto configuation, there is no user tracking config listed, however it is listed in tools along with user tracking so thats fine. When I click on user tracking or user tracking config I get a HTTP 500 error and can go no further.

I tried the modification to the geoip.inc file as recommended a few posts ago but no change.

I have had this mod working on a previous store and have found it to be a very valuable tool so I would really like to get it working on my new store.

Any ideas what has gone wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks
    We tested the module on a brand new install and received no errors of blank pages, I will run down the list and see if you followed the steps below.. Just reply accordingly.

1. Install the admin files into your admin folder make sure the files are installed into your directory whatever it may be renamed to. The admin in the contribution download to the name of your actual admin directory for example in the contribution folder is named "admin" if your is named "zcadmin" rename the directory to that before uploading the contents.

2. Run the SQL file new_install_user_tracking.sql from inside the ZenCart admin tools menu "Install SQL Patches" preferably copy and paste instead of direct upload

3. Place the line of code in the very last line <?php if (ZEN_CONFIG_USER_TRACKING == 'true') { zen_update_user_tracking(); } ?> - of the common/tpl_footer.php file

4. The check for the tracking inside the admin --> tools --> User Tracking

5. if performed correctly you should see something like what is in the attached image Capture.jpg Attachment 11085

6. If this page is blank then you most likely failed to upload the required admin files mentioned earlier in this post. If all files are uploaded correctly you should see whats in the two images here Attachment 11086Attachment 11087

7. IMPORTANT NOTE: I did no editing to the admin\includes\GeoIP.dat or the geoip.inc files. My guess is either you have other add-on conflicting or your host does not support the IP location dat files within their php configurations or firewall rules.

Did you try to run this on a test store before testing on your LIVE store. Which is highly recommended before proceeding to ensure your server and/or add-on would cooperate with this one if the other add-on require the same files for use of IP tracking?
    Last edited by knuckle-101; 6 Sep 2012 at 05:54 PM.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply, i'm not at my computer at the moment so testing is a bit limited but i can tell you:
    1. I did rename the admin folder to my_admin (not the actual name) and uploaded the files.

2. I ran the sql file in phpmyadmin, not on the zen admin. I did this by copy and pasting the sql statements but had to change TYPE=MYISAM to ENGINE=MYISAM.

3. I inserted the tracking code into the footer file and uploaded it. The tracking works as if i go into my datase directly the records are adding to the user tracking table.

4. Going to admin -->tools -->user tracking returns HTTP 500 error so i assume it must be an issue with the uploaded files? When i get back to my computer i will delere the files and upload them all again.

5. I am installing on a live store which has other mods installed, these mods are
    Image handler 4
    User currency
    Andover modern template
    Bestsellers with image

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply, i'm not at my computer at the moment so testing is a bit limited but i can tell you:
    1. I did rename the admin folder to my_admin (not the actual name) and uploaded the files.

2. I ran the sql file in phpmyadmin, not on the zen admin. I did this by copy and pasting the sql statements but had to change TYPE=MYISAM to ENGINE=MYISAM.

3. I inserted the tracking code into the footer file and uploaded it. The tracking works as if i go into my datase directly the records are adding to the user tracking table.

4. Going to admin -->tools -->user tracking returns HTTP 500 error so i assume it must be an issue with the uploaded files? When i get back to my computer i will delere the files and upload them all again.

5. I am installing on a live store which has other mods installed, these mods are
    Image handler 4
    User currency
    Andover modern template
    Bestsellers with image

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head
    With the 500 Error this does not mean the files are missing but permissions are not granted to access them on that server. Examples: Missing, Corrupted. this is an internal error of the web application or server configuration.

The Web server (running the Web Site) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) for access to the requested URL.

This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyze these logs if you do not have root access to the server example, Shared Hosting or Reseller plans are not normally granted root access. But contacting the host support should be able to assist you locating those logs.

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyze the logs which should give further information about the error.

The 500 error is a generic error message, given when no more specific message is suitable. Overall finalizing the definition, The 500 Internal Server Error, also called an HTTP 500 error, is a generic error suggesting a problem with the website's server.

maybe contact your host support and see if they can assist you viewing the logs causing the problem. Most likely php related but without seeing it that is a wild guess.

Let me me know if I can be further assistance.

Plugin Contributions

I got it working the problem was in the admin/user_tracking.php and admin/user_tracking_config.php files some of the links had ../admin/ at the start and because I have renamed my admin folder it wasn't finding the right files so I removed all instances of ../admin/ and it works.

Plugin Contributions

I have this mod working but I have noticed that when someone adds items to their shopping cart it doesn't show in the user shopping cart column on the user tracking mod. Is this something that is not supported in v1.5.0 because it worked on previous versions?

Plugin Contributions

I have this mod working but I have noticed that when someone adds items to their shopping cart it doesn't show in the user shopping cart column on the user tracking mod. Is this something that is not supported in v1.5.0 because it worked on previous versions?
    I have the same "problem". Previously all session was stored as plain text in the session table, but with Suhosin (my guess), all sessions values are now encrypted - thus making it unreadable in user tracking.

I also hope for a fix for this, as it does work in the "who's online" tool in ZenCart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Defanci View Post
    I am also having problem with Ver 1.5 running on local Xampp
    Apache 2.4.2
    MySQL 5.5.25a
    PHP 5.4.4
    phpMyAdmin 3.5.2
    FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.41
    Tomcat 7.0.28 (with mod_proxy_ajp as connector)
    Strawberry Perl 5.16.0.1 Portable
    XAMPP Control Panel 3.0.12 (from hackattack142)

Error when installing the SQL from phpMyAdmin

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO admin_pages( page_key, language_key, main_page, page_params, menu_key, display_on_menu, sort_order )
    VALUES (
    'UserTracking', 'BOX_TOOLS_USER_TRACKING', 'FILENAME_USER_TRACKING', '', 'tools', 'Y', 10000
    );

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1062 - Duplicate entry 'UserTracking' for key 'page_key'

Please help !!
    Hello everyone, I have the exactly the same problem. Fresh installation of Zen_cart 1.5.0, and user tracking mod 1.4.0. Just can not execute the SQL patch, everytime it returns the same error message. Due to the fact that I have 3 different company's server space, so tested on other server and I don't have any problem on other server. Is this problem related to server? Can anybody help??

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

If you click the "View Sessions" link in red the details of the cart are in the left column of the data graph table. See attached screenshot highlighted in yellow, beside it will be the link to that product. Or should..

Attachment 11394

sjbglx

Hello everyone, I have the exactly the same problem. Fresh installation of Zen_cart 1.5.0, and user tracking mod 1.4.0. Just can not execute the SQL patch, every time it returns the same error message. Due to the fact that I have 3 different company's server space, so tested on other server and I don't have any problem on other server. Is this problem related to server? Can anybody help??
    According to your quoted error from a previous poster "#1062 - Duplicate entry 'UserTracking' for key 'page_key'". this is telling you that you have the tables already installed into your database.

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone I think I got the problem fixed.
    Firstly I checked the MYSQL version on my hosting server and that is 5.5.27-cll. looks like newer than all versions I tested before.
    Please NOTE: The given SQL patch can work free of probelms in all of those old MYSQL version so I make one change to the SQL patch.
    I located the "TYPE=MyISAM"
    and switch it to "ENGINE=MyISAM"
    Then the SQL patch can run without problem!

Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast