Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: User tracking mod

I am using 1.5.1. I was experiencing a blank page for User Tracking and for User Tracking Configuration. I was able to solve my problem. Maybe what I did will help others.

My ZC database has a prefix of "zen".
    1. I edited the SQL file to put "zen" in front of the databases referenced.
    2. I changed "TYPE=MyISAM" to "ENGINE=MyISAM".
    3. I noticed line "999" referenced another module I installed. The next open line available in my zen_configuration table was 1084 (again, 1084 was not being used.). I changed all reference to "999" in the SQL file to "1084".
    4. I also changed all reference to "999" in user_tracking.php and user_tracking_config.php to "1084" in the admin folder.

This is what worked for me. Please make a backup of your files and your database before you begin to "tinker" with it.

Thank you for making this mod. I believe it is an essential piece of the software.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

Quote Originally Posted by cubbie View Post
    I am using 1.5.1. I was experiencing a blank page for User Tracking and for User Tracking Configuration. I was able to solve my problem. Maybe what I did will help others.

My ZC database has a prefix of "zen".
    1. I edited the SQL file to put "zen" in front of the databases referenced.
    2. I changed "TYPE=MyISAM" to "ENGINE=MyISAM".
    3. I noticed line "999" referenced another module I installed. The next open line available in my zen_configuration table was 1084 (again, 1084 was not being used.). I changed all reference to "999" in the SQL file to "1084".
    4. I also changed all reference to "999" in user_tracking.php and user_tracking_config.php to "1084" in the admin folder.

This is what worked for me. Please make a backup of your files and your database before you begin to "tinker" with it.

Thank you for making this mod. I believe it is an essential piece of the software.
    Thank you for the notice and update. We will rewrite for newer versions of MySQL for other users and upload it. For the particular accounts this was used on was for older versions. As you posted BACKUP is always an important factor for tinkering with a live database. Always use a test site or dev site with an actual live database installed on the dev site with any other modules you may or not have installed to insure everything works before transferring to a live site.

Nice Detail by the way. Glad to hear you like the plugin.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When rewriting for v1.5.x/newer, try not to hard-code the configuration_group_id. Instead, insert the record and use the self-assigned auto-increment number when setting the configuration table entries and in the function call which creates the admin menu entry.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

First of all, I wanna thank all the contributors who worked on this mod, I think I just successfully installed it on ZC v1.3.9!

But I have question regarding the feature.

"Now displaying the latest 50 sessions of this 24 hour period. You can also purge all records past the last 72 hours of data."

Can this mod store more days of data like 1 week or 1 month?? If not, is that because of database structure or something like that?

Sorry I have no sense on SQL and am trying to explain to my customer....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maishane View Post
    First of all, I wanna thank all the contributors who worked on this mod, I think I just successfully installed it on ZC v1.3.9!

But I have question regarding the feature.

"Now displaying the latest 50 sessions of this 24 hour period. You can also purge all records past the last 72 hours of data."

Can this mod store more days of data like 1 week or 1 month?? If not, is that because of database structure or something like that?

Sorry I have no sense on SQL and am trying to explain to my customer....
    The plugin will track all data collected on a day to day basis. When you delete the data from the time your reviewing and click delete it will delete any data stored from the past 72 hours. Only data that would remain is from the past 24 hours of reviewing said data on screen.

Now displaying the latest 50 sessions of this 24 hour period. <-- Lets say you reviewed data at 3:30 p.m. today, It will only show data collected from 24 hours the previous day which is 3:30 p.m..

You can also purge all records past the last 72 hours of data. purge or delete this will delete all data from days before the time you are reviewing the stored data.

If you want to collect the weeks worth or months worth of data it is not wise to delete any data from the past of 72 hours. Data is stored each day within the 24 hour period. You can click on SELECT VIEW: Back to DATE (Will Have Actual Date Shown) and it will show the previous day and so on.

Be advised data can take up serious space on your server, if you are on a hosting package with low disk space you may want to monitor the plugin to avoid over usage of disk space or performance decrease in your website. The plugin can also decrease in performance of your website depending on server specs. Always monitor the data to insure you keep the tables optimized and clean for best results with your days of information.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by knuckle-101 View Post
    The plugin will track all data collected on a day to day basis. When you delete the data from the time your reviewing and click delete it will delete any data stored from the past 72 hours. Only data that would remain is from the past 24 hours of reviewing said data on screen.*******.
    Thank you so very much knuckle-101. I will check and test it in next few weeks.

Plugin Contributions

Happy to assist. Good Luck!!

Plugin Contributions

Greetings, I am trying to get this mod up and running. I followed all the instructions I believe correctly. I ran the SQL script, loaded the files and edited my template. I AM able to go into Admin - Tools and I have both a User Tracking and a User Tracking Config. My problem is I will go and click on things on my site and yet each time I go back to User Tracking I still have:

There have been 0 page views in this 24 hour period.
    There have been 0 page views in this 24 hour period. Total number of users: .

I verified that in User Tracking Config I have:

User Tracking Visitors true
    User Tracking (ADMIN) false
    User Tracking (exclude this IP-Address) your IP (I did not set this on purpose as I want my data being tracked too, this way I can test)

Any thoughts as to why I have no data?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEOD View Post
    Greetings, I am trying to get this mod up and running. I followed all the instructions I believe correctly. I ran the SQL script, loaded the files and edited my template. I AM able to go into Admin - Tools and I have both a User Tracking and a User Tracking Config. My problem is I will go and click on things on my site and yet each time I go back to User Tracking I still have:

There have been 0 page views in this 24 hour period.
    There have been 0 page views in this 24 hour period. Total number of users: .

I verified that in User Tracking Config I have:

User Tracking Visitors true
    User Tracking (ADMIN) false
    User Tracking (exclude this IP-Address) your IP (I did not set this on purpose as I want my data being tracked too, this way I can test)

Any thoughts as to why I have no data?
    Did you add the following to the end of /includes/templates/ YOUR TEMPLATE /common/tpl_footer.php

<?php if (ZEN_CONFIG_USER_TRACKING == 'true') { zen_update_user_tracking(); } ?>

Plugin Contributions

Knuckle, thanks for the quick reply. I did, here is my whole file;

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Common Template - tpl_footer.php
     * this file can be copied to /templates/your_template_dir/pagename<br />
     * example: to override the privacy page<br />
     * make a directory /templates/my_template/privacy<br />
     * copy /templates/templates_defaults/common/tpl_footer.php to /templates/my_template/privacy/tpl_footer.php<br />
     * to override the global settings and turn off the footer un-comment the following line:<br />
     * <br />
     * $flag_disable_footer = true;<br />
     * @package templateSystem
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2005 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: tpl_footer.php 3183 2006-03-14 07:58:59Z birdbrain $
     */
    require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('footer.php'));
    ?>

<?php
    if (!$flag_disable_footer) {
    ?>

<div id="footerhsy">
    <!--bof-navigation display -->

<div id="navSuppWrapper">
    <div id="navSupp">
    <ul>
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
    <?php if (EZPAGES_STATUS_FOOTER == '1' or (EZPAGES_STATUS_FOOTER == '2' and (strstr(EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])))) { ?>
    <li><?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php'); ?></li>
    <?php } ?>
    </ul>
    </div>

<!--eof-navigation display -->

<center>
    <?php echo zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE.'images/payments.jpg'); ?>
    </center>

<!--bof-ip address display -->
    <?php
    if (SHOW_FOOTER_IP == '1') {
    ?>
    <div id="siteinfoIP"><?php echo TEXT_YOUR_IP_ADDRESS . '  ' . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof-ip address display -->

<!--bof-banner #5 display -->
    <?php
      if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET5 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET5)) {
        if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    ?>

</div> <!-- hsy -->

<div id="bannerFive" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
        }
      }
    ?>
    <!--eof-banner #5 display -->

<!--bof- site copyright display -->
    <div id="siteinfoLegal" class="legalCopyright"><?php echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY; ?></div>
    <!--eof- site copyright display -->

</div><!-- footerhsy -->

<?php
    } // flag_disable_footer
    ?>

<?php if (ZEN_CONFIG_USER_TRACKING == 'true') { zen_update_user_tracking(); } ?>

Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast