Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It's not difficult; however, I am not on a device that would allow me to look up my current htaccess file (easily). I've done that after I received one after another contact us inquiries, and other obnoxious actions on my site. Ultimately I didn't need anything from that group of servers as there is no way that their business could be gained for our organization. Anyways, it's not difficult;however, if you go for the onsey twosy, you may find that they will try from a different direction. Unfortunately it's a part of being able to be accessed by anyone in the world. Bound to have a few people/computers trying to do something obnoxious.

We had one day over 10000 hits from a single ip. Want to talk about somebody trying to shut down someone. It didn't take us offline but wholly cow!
    Thank you again for the thorough help and insight in this situation. If you do have time later or a few days later, maybe you can send me some links of shoot me some pm concerning how to do it in the htaccess file would be great. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Here is the latest error message:
    [22-Nov-2013 03:11:00 America/New_York] PHP Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /adminfolder/user_tracking.php on line 301
    I think I am going to disabled this mod temporarily until after Christmas season. I want to make sure I can focus on any error that's genuine in the log and this mod is just filling it up. I will definitely continue to monitor the progress on this though. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Here is the latest error message: I think I am going to disabled this mod temporarily until after Christmas season. I want to make sure I can focus on any error that's genuine in the log and this mod is just filling it up. I will definitely continue to monitor the progress on this though. Thanks!
    Please advise, at that point of using UT to look at the history, were there no records returned/shown?
    (For those reviewing this thread, that error iappears from the newly added functionality of displaying the number of visits at the beginning of the display of visitors.)
    Odd thing to say/think, but almost glad that there is a problem, that way any additional changes can be incorporated with a fix.looking at adding a check for the last character of strings before sending to SQL and other character sequences specifically in the URL info just to prevent additional errors/warnings can add a flag later, then also to address a zero "volume" return on the array of visitors. Hopefully can submit soon.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Please advise, at that point of using UT to look at the history, were there no records returned/shown?
    (For those reviewing this thread, that error iappears from the newly added functionality of displaying the number of visits at the beginning of the display of visitors.)
    Odd thing to say/think, but almost glad that there is a problem, that way any additional changes can be incorporated with a fix.looking at adding a check for the last character of strings before sending to SQL and other character sequences specifically in the URL info just to prevent additional errors/warnings can add a flag later, then also to address a zero "volume" return on the array of visitors. Hopefully can submit soon.
    It is definitely possible that this happened after I disabled the Mod on the Admin side. I did not remove the tracking code in the footer just set it "User Tracking Visitor" to False. I guess I will disable on the Admin as well as remove the tracking code from the footer to avoid any potential issue.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

It is definitely possible that this happened after I disabled the Mod on the Admin side. I did not remove the tracking code in the footer just set it "User Tracking Visitor" to False. I guess I will disable on the Admin as well as remove the tracking code from the footer to avoid any potential issue.

Thanks!
    May have been before or after disabling tracking of visitors. I was able to reproduce the error by moving to tomorrow's date. (Obviously no data available for tomorrow.)

So no, it does not just randomly generate that reset warning. It is a missed check on my part. Should not have it try to cycle through the "array" if there is nothing in that array, thus I would not have to reset it. The result will still be zero, but the "array" will not be sent through an operation that could cause a warning. At this time removing the footer code will not prevent that warning from being logged. Not going to the admin/user_tracking.php page when there is no data or to a date that has no data will.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and clarification. I appreciate all your support.

Plugin Contributions

[16-Nov-2013 08:44:35 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS')' at line 1 :: insert into user_tracking (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, referer_url, page_desc, customers_host_address) values ('0', 'Guest', '', '157.55.32.84', '1384609475', '1384609475', '/index.php?main_page=product_reviews&cPath=388_408&products_id=13478', '/index.php?main_page=product_reviews&cPath=388_408&products_id=13478', 'Discovery and Exploration&nbsp;-&nbsp;Educational Insights You\', 'OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS') in /includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120
    Any idea what this error is? The ip address belongs to MSN searchbot. Thanks!
    Wondering if you could add the following code to: yourstore/includes/functions/extra_functions/user_tracking.php ~line 69 (after the assignment of $page_desc = substr($page_desc, 0, 63); but before the $db->execute that inserts the record... Then test accessing the product (assuming that the record still has the same description) and see if still get the same issue... I'll see if I can't reproduce prevent reproduction of the error by forcing a comparison with that final result; however, some of the errors described seem to be "random" or at least it seems to take very specific conditions to cause a problem.

Code:
        while (strpos(right($page_desc, 1), '\\') !== false) {
            $page_desc = substr($page_desc, 0, -1);    
        }

Plugin Contributions

Wondering if you could add the following code to: yourstore/includes/functions/extra_functions/user_tracking.php ~line 69 (after the assignment of $page_desc = substr($page_desc, 0, 63); but before the $db->execute that inserts the record... Then test accessing the product (assuming that the record still has the same description) and see if still get the same issue... I'll see if I can't reproduce prevent reproduction of the error by forcing a comparison with that final result; however, some of the errors described seem to be "random" or at least it seems to take very specific conditions to cause a problem.

Code:
        while (strpos(right($page_desc, 1), '\\') !== false) {
        }
    Yeah, need to code in the correct language. PHP doesn't have a "right(" function...Code should be:
    Code should be:

Code:
        while (strpos(substr($page_desc, -1), '\\') !== false) {
        }

Plugin Contributions

Submitted version 1.4.3b with the following updates:

1. Corrected a PHP warning that appears if there are no visits tracked for the date being reviewed.
    2. Corrected an issue that had the possibility of generating an error log: If a product's description included a character that would be translated by use of an escape character as part of a SQL command, (eg: he's would be changed to he\'s) then, if that escape character landed in just the right position, it would end up as the last character in the string prior to a single quote as part of the SQL statement. This would then cause an error in the execution of the SQL statement and an error log to be generated. Resolution was to remove the last character if that last character is a \. This issue has been resolved for: page description, last page URI, and referrer URI.
    3. Updated the button display of spiders, such that if option 3 is chosen in system setup that a message appears.

UPDATING INSTRUCTIONS:
    For SQL statemenst: same instructions as applicable from the 11/10/2013 update.

Files updated from 1.4.3 or 1.4.3a are:
    YOUR_ADMIN\user_tracking.php
    YOUR_ADMIN\includes\lanaguages\english\user_tracking.php
    includes\functions\extra_functions\user_tracking.php

Plugin Contributions

For those that would just want the code update, here are basically the changes (functional changes) (compared to version 1.4.3), I am leaving out the additional words portion of the update at this time.

In YOUR_ADMIN/user_tracking.php

find:
    Code:
     $listed = 0;
      if ($results)
      while (($ut = each($user_tracking)) && !$user_tracking->EOF /*($listed++ < CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT)*/)
    replace with (Change in red):
    Code:
      $listed = 0;
      if ($results && is_array($user_tracking) == true)
      while (($ut = each($user_tracking)) && !$user_tracking->EOF /*($listed++ < CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT)*/)
    Find:
    Code:
      reset($user_tracking);
        //End of v1.4.3 14 of 15 
      if ($results)
      while (($ut = each($user_tracking)) && ($listed++ < CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT))
    replace with (Change in red):
    Code:
          //End of v1.4.3 14 of 15 

if ($results && is_array($user_tracking) == true) {
        /* Begin v1.4.3b  (Moved statement to within test) */
            reset($user_tracking);
        /* End v1.4.3b */
    while (($ut = each($user_tracking)) && ($listed++ < CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT))
    and

Find:
    Code:
    // End User Tracking - Spider Mod 6 of 7
     }
    Replace with (Change in red):
    Code:
    // End User Tracking - Spider Mod 6 of 7
     }}
    in \includes\functions\extra_functions\user_tracking.php

at approximately line 70 (after $page_desc asssignment) but before $db->Execute add:
    Code:
        /* Start - User tracking v1.4.3b modification*/
        while (strpos(substr($page_desc, -1), '\\') !== false) {
        }
        /* End - User tracking v1.4.3b modification*/
    then after $wo_last_page_url assignment and before $db->Execute:
    Code:
        while (strpos(right($wo_last_page_url, 1), '\\') !== false) {
            $wo_last_page_url = substr($wo_last_page_url, 0, -1);    
        }

while (strpos(right($referer_url, 1), '\\') !== false) {
            $referer_url = substr($referer_url, 0, -1);    
        }

These last two changes need to be before the $db->Execute command.
    No indicators have been added. This all will simply clean up the data going to be processed via SQL so that it won't generate a warning when no data is present for the data reviewed, and also will prevent SQL injection of creating a \' unintentionally.
    Tada done...

No, did not get to next set of features to be added.

Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast