Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

Thanks for the updates. Just upgraded to 1.4.3b and I am getting the following error:
    [26-Nov-2013 08:54:28 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function right() in /includes/functions/extra_functions/user_tracking.php on line 78
    This means your change suggested above is not included in the downloaded mod. Here is the code from lines 78 and 79:
    PHP Code:
    while (strpos(right($wo_last_page_url1), '\\') !== false) {

$wo_last_page_url substr($wo_last_page_url0, -1);    
        } 
    Once I applied your change I started getting another error:
    [26-Nov-2013 09:01:45 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function right() in /includes/functions/extra_functions/user_tracking.php on line 84
    I believe this is because you erroneous use "right" in this section of the code:
    PHP Code:
    /* Start - User tracking v1.4.3b modification*/

}

/* End - User tracking v1.4.3b modification*/

while (strpos(right($referer_url1), '\\') !== false) {

$referer_url substr($referer_url0, -1);    
        }

Can you please kindly provide the fix for that? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Thanks for the updates. Just upgraded to 1.4.3b and I am getting the following error: This means your change suggested above is not included in the downloaded mod. Here is the code from lines 78 and 79:
    PHP Code:

} 
    Once I applied your change I started getting another error:I believe this is because you erroneous use "right" in this section of the code:
    PHP Code:

}

while (strpos(right($referer_url1), '\\') !== false) {

$referer_url substr($referer_url0, -1);    
        }

Can you please kindly provide the fix for that? Thanks!
    See last post on previous page. http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...03#post1228003
    I had uploaded a more recent rev b, but apparently the earlier version made it. Conceptually I had the right idea, but implemented the wrong version of coding for it to work in PHP and provided that change here in case things went amiss.

In playing with the changes made I also found a problem in user_tracking_config.php where a variable $gID is used in place of $UserTrackgID. I'll make the change and upload a newer version as well. Maybe I can do this upload one time right the first time.

It was a little difficult to test a problem I personally was not experiencing, but found a way using information you had provided. So thank you for that.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    See last post on previous page. http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...03#post1228003
    I had uploaded a more recent rev b, but apparently the earlier version made it. Conceptually I had the right idea, but implemented the wrong version of coding for it to work in PHP and provided that change here in case things went amiss.

In playing with the changes made I also found a problem in user_tracking_config.php where a variable $gID is used in place of $UserTrackgID. I'll make the change and upload a newer version as well. Maybe I can do this upload one time right the first time.

It was a little difficult to test a problem I personally was not experiencing, but found a way using information you had provided. So thank you for that.
    The last set of the code you provided in the link is still problematic because of the two instances of this: strpos(right I will wait for your upload. I have disabled the mod on the Admin side and that seems to stop the madness. Before disabling it, I had 100+ error in the log in less than 2 minutes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    The last set of the code you provided in the link is still problematic because of the two instances of this: strpos(right I will wait for your upload. I have disabled the mod on the Admin side and that seems to stop the madness. Before disabling it, I had 100+ error in the log in less than 2 minutes.
    Dag goneit, I hate making errors.

Code:
    /* Start - User tracking v1.4.3b modification*/
        while (strpos(substr($wo_last_page_url, -1), '\\') !== false) {
            $wo_last_page_url = substr($wo_last_page_url, 0, -1);    
        }
        /* End - User tracking v1.4.3b modification*/

while (strpos(substr($referer_url, -1), '\\') !== false) {
            $referer_url = substr($referer_url, 0, -1);    
        }
    Sheesh, guess I had a long weekend. Sorry to inflict so much confusion. Will repost the total corrected code shortly. I must have not copied over the change properly when posting and then fed the site the wrong update. Sorry Zenners.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 26 Nov 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Plugin Contributions

For those that would just want the corrected code update, here are the basic changes (functional changes) (compared to version 1.4.3), I am leaving out the additional words portion of the update at this time.

In YOUR_ADMIN/user_tracking.php

find:
    Code:
     $listed = 0;
      if ($results)
      while (($ut = each($user_tracking)) && !$user_tracking->EOF /*($listed++ < CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT)*/)
    replace with (Change in red):
    Code:
      $listed = 0;
      if ($results && is_array($user_tracking) == true)
      while (($ut = each($user_tracking)) && !$user_tracking->EOF /*($listed++ < CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT)*/)
    Find:
    Code:
      reset($user_tracking);
        //End of v1.4.3 14 of 15 
      if ($results)
      while (($ut = each($user_tracking)) && ($listed++ < CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT))
    replace with (Change in red):
    Code:
          //End of v1.4.3 14 of 15 

if ($results && is_array($user_tracking) == true) {
        /* Begin v1.4.3b  (Moved statement to within test) */
            reset($user_tracking);
        /* End v1.4.3b */
    while (($ut = each($user_tracking)) && ($listed++ < CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT))
    and

Find:
    Code:
    // End User Tracking - Spider Mod 6 of 7
     }
    Replace with (Change in red):
    Code:
    // End User Tracking - Spider Mod 6 of 7
     }}
    in \includes\functions\extra_functions\user_tracking.php

at approximately line 70 (after $page_desc asssignment) but before $db->Execute add:
    Code:
        while (strpos(substr($page_desc, -1), '\\') !== false) {
            $page_desc = substr($page_desc, 0, -1);    
        }
    then after $wo_last_page_url assignment and before $db->Execute:
    Code:
        while (strpos(substr($wo_last_page_url, -1), '\\') !== false) {
            $wo_last_page_url = substr($wo_last_page_url, 0, -1);    
        }

while (strpos(substr($referer_url, -1), '\\') !== false) {
            $referer_url = substr($referer_url, 0, -1);    
        }

These last two changes need to be before the $db->Execute command.
    No indicators have been added. This all will simply clean up the data going to be processed via SQL so that 1) a warning won't be generated when no data is present for the data reviewed, and 2) will prevent SQL injection of creating a \' situation unintentionally.
    Tada done...

No, did not get to next set of features to be added, but I did see another forum where it was identified that a "Full" version was included. Might be able to keep with this single forum and upload both versions. Might need to have a discussion with the plug-in moderator(s) about how to identify that each upload should appear, but have slightly modified description to address handling the desired situation of not downloading EVERYTHING each time. (For those just catching up, there are files that are included that attempt to identify the location of a visitor; however, those portion of the files have not been updated in many years and are outdated. A change is needed to handle the newer version(s); however, I have another project on which I'm working at the moment that has a higher priority. For the curious, other tools are available to lookup the current location of an IP address. That said, maintaining a long historical list of IP addresses, may not be significantly beneficial as the IP address may be reallocated to another location in the world. Maintaining this type of list for a long period of time may require maintaining other information to associate with the date/time of that IP addresses visit.) Anyways, I digress.

Above is the corrected presentation of the code that was updated. I have submitted a rev 1.4.4 that provides the corrected code, which yes I had provided the wrong information both in a previous post and in the file(s) that were uploaded under version 1.4.3b. The issue identified in the user_tracking_config.php file was also corrected.

Good luck!!! Thanks for the helpful feedback!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    If you are updating the GeoIP.dat file, you have to also get the latest geoip.inc file to access it correctly.
    I'm a little curious about the above statement, and of course welcome input. I decided to try to incorporate the latest GeoIP.dat file into my active site. I renamed the previous file (kept the extension, though haven't looked to see what the effect of that is), and added the new file. It appears to me (right or wrong) that the file is successfully being used to report accurate locations.

Now I haven't looked to see what happens in the display of information if an "error" comes up in the search/presentation of the information, but I was previously seeing host names that in no way matched the flag/country identified. Now that I have loaded the newer file, I have gone back to ping addresses that show up as international and they have the correct association of country to IP address... I've been toying with the idea of transitioning to GeoIP2; however, am having to interpret the guidance provided and see if the available IPN like information can be condensed down to a ZC specific implementation removing extraneous files and code.

Is this something that you have implemented/toyed with and could provide some insight into?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I'm a little curious about the above statement, and of course welcome input. I decided to try to incorporate the latest GeoIP.dat file into my active site. I renamed the previous file (kept the extension, though haven't looked to see what the effect of that is), and added the new file. It appears to me (right or wrong) that the file is successfully being used to report accurate locations.

Now I haven't looked to see what happens in the display of information if an "error" comes up in the search/presentation of the information, but I was previously seeing host names that in no way matched the flag/country identified. Now that I have loaded the newer file, I have gone back to ping addresses that show up as international and they have the correct association of country to IP address... I've been toying with the idea of transitioning to GeoIP2; however, am having to interpret the guidance provided and see if the available IPN like information can be condensed down to a ZC specific implementation removing extraneous files and code.

Is this something that you have implemented/toyed with and could provide some insight into?
    If you compare the older to the most recent version of geoip.inc you will see that they have switched a couple of names around (the older version was wrong) and have added approx 4 new countries.

Of more interest is they have edited the names of quite a few of the countries to their current proper names.

Also support has been added for ipv6

In practical terms, if you only deal with the major english speaking or european countries you probably won't see much difference in using either.

Plugin Contributions

If you compare the older to the most recent version of geoip.inc you will see that they have switched a couple of names around (the older version was wrong) and have added approx 4 new countries.

Of more interest is they have edited the names of quite a few of the countries to their current proper names.

Also support has been added for ipv6

In practical terms, if you only deal with the major english speaking or european countries you probably won't see much difference in using either.
    Well, the only way I see that I can "look" at the older and newer geoip.inc, is to pay for the newer one. (At least as it looked to me.) I didn't see where it was possible to obtain a newer .inc (interpreter) file.

Now, yes the geoip2 data definitely needs a new inc file in order to properly capture/identify the data.

Plugin Contributions

Here's one here that I googled that's about 12 months old
    geoip.inc

There is one from about May this year but I can't find it quickly

Plugin Contributions

Here's one here that I googled that's about 12 months old
    geoip.inc

There is one from about May this year but I can't find it quickly
    Well, imagine all that. I could have sworn that I looked for that last week... It's even simpler... It's on github... and only a month old.. :)

https://github.com/maxmind/geoip-api...ree/master/src

Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast