Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Info/Orders at a Glance Admin Contribution for 1.2.7 and 1.3.0.

Hi,
    This is my first contribution, so go easy on me if something isnt done the Zen way.
    From the readme...
    What does this contribution do?
    Currently if you want to see what a customer has ordered there are 2 ways.
    1) Go to Admin>Click the customer`s name on the index page in the new orders box.
    or
    2) Go to Admin>Customers>Orders.
    To see the next order contents you then have to do a lot of clicking back in your browser, then repeating the same process.

This contribution lets you see what products the customer has ordered on the admin index page and on the orders page without having to select the order. This is useful if you are trying to find a specific customer order, if you are interested what your customers have ordered and generally gives you more info about the order. It helps save time. See the screenshots for more info which should make it clearer what this does. These screenshots are from Zen Cart 1.2.7 but it has also been tested with 1.3.0 and works fine.

Credits
    Thanks to Kasper aka Elv1s from osCommerce for writing this, to Bobby Easland aka Chemo for me using his install html as a base for mine and to Merlin aka Merlinpapa1969 for his help fixing one line of code.

Any problems, please post and ill try my best to help out if I can or hopefully someone else might be able to. I will upload this to the relevant contribution area when it becomes available in due course.
    I hope this helps,
    Cheers
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Reesy; 10 May 2006 at 04:27 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Info/Orders at a Glance Admin Contribution for 1.2.7 and 1.3.0.

Well you might want to take a look at this addon (super_orders_v1.3) I found that its one of the best addons you could ask for...

====================
    DESCRIPTION
    ====================
    Super Orders is exactly what its name implies:
    Zen-Cart order management on steroids.

It's more in all the areas I always see Zen users asking for more:
    more navigation options; more order control; more thorough data; and more
    detailed reports.

But it's NOT more than you can handle. The system was designed for data
    entry clerks in my office, some of the least-technically inclined people
    on the planet. You're a Zen user, you can handle it. :-)

Ready to get started? Just follow the installation instructions below;
    note that the system uses *no* overwrites and you only make changes to
    one pre-existing file!

*ALERT*
    I very strongly recommend you read through the *entire* FEATURES
    section beneath the installation instructions. There you will find out
    exactly what Super Orders can do. There are some cool tricks that you
    won't know about if you don't read them!
    *ALERT*
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, ill take a look.

Plugin Contributions

I had a look and thats some nice code there.
    This above does something different however and can be used in conjunction with it to save time if needed.
    Hopefully the contibution area will be sorted sometime soon.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Reesy,

Considering trying this out. One question... the admin directory in the distribution contains a file named "index.php22". What is purpose? I see no reference in readme. BTW nice job on the html readme.

The idea behind your customizations could be adapted to display, on demand, other useful order/customer info on admin home page and customer and order pages. For example, I often find I need to see the account name (email address) associated with a particular order. Having to burrow down to the order details page just for the customer account name can be a burden.

And as you already stated Super Orders has no relation to the functionality provided by your customizations. Have no idea why the poster even brought up Super Orders in this thread?

Woody
    Last edited by Woodymon; 12 May 2006 at 06:45 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Info/Orders at a Glance Admin Contribution for 1.2.7 and 1.3.0.

Finding a number of errors in code (orders.php) and ambiguity in readme.

Andnote the orders.php bundled in the distribution is based on previous Zen Cart version, not latest 1.301. Do not recommend ZC 1.3x users use the proviced file. Instead edit your exisitng version.

Also when looking at the read me is seems that some code that seems part of mod is not within the code in readme (search thru orders.php bundled in this distribution and you will find varous references),

Anywya here are the fixes I implemented to make this work on Zen cart 1.3.0.1

#1 Readme says:

STEP 4 - Edit admin/index.php

ADD this code BEFORE the closing </head> tag:

<?php // ====> BOF: INFO AT-A-GLANCE <==== ?>
    <script language="javascript" src="includes/javascript/overlib_mini.js"><!-- overLIB (c) Erik Bosrup --></script>
    <?php // ====> EOF: INFO AT-A-GLANCE <==== >
    The last line above is missing ? in closing php tag. Thus should be:
    <?php // ====> EOF: INFO AT-A-GLANCE <==== ?>

Exact same aissue applies in orders.php

#2 In admin/orders.php remove the semi colon (;) from the middle of following code:
    $result_artikels = $db->Execute("select products_name, products_quantity from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . zen_db_input($orders->;fields['orders_id']) . "' ");
    Should be:
    $result_artikels = $db->Execute("select products_name, products_quantity from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . zen_db_input($orders->fields['orders_id']) . "' ");

#3 Readme step 3 says to edit /admin/orders.php
    Find this code (Line 157):

echo zen_date_short($orders->fields['date_purchased']);
    But structure of code like this does not appear as such in Zen Cart 1.3.0.1 /admin/orders.php.

Instead it is enclosed in td tags as below:
    <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo zen_datetime_short($orders->fields['date_purchased']); ?></td>
    So I inserted the code provided in readme within td tags and applied the same class as above.

However finding a number of errors in provided code.

Appx line 709:
    $cleanComment .= trim($parsedCommeSnt[$i]);

Should be:
    $cleanComment .= trim($parsedComment[$i]);

Appx line 710:
    $i++;<br>

Should be:
    $i++;

Once above edits are implemented this mod works as advertised. I like it!

Woody

Plugin Contributions

I tried editing my post below but time ran out and I lost all my edits. Too bad. Maybe this forum software can be configured by the admins to auto save edits in a temporary file in case of edit time expires (kind of like the old forum would allow, every now and then).

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Hi Woody,
    Someone kindly PMd me with the same.
    I think this was something to do with Dreamweaver primarily and tiredness probably lol, and I have corrected the files and readme.
    I also noticed theres an extra span class in the 1.2.7 files that shouldnt be there.

I will upload the corrected files later when I get back from work.
    Theres also a test site I have knocked up demonstrating this which will be included in the readme.

I have an osc store and zen one and theres LOTS of stuff like this I am porting over, I will try to make a better job of the second one. I figured if I am porting it someone else might find it useful

The readme credit goes to Chemo, I only changed the text but it is a source of some of the problems you mentioned.

Plugin Contributions

PS no idea what index.php22 is about but as you did notice I did upload the wrong file.
    The right one will be uploaded in around 8 hours or so.

PPS the next contrib will be a spell checker, it looks like we both need it

Plugin Contributions

Reesy-

Thanks for the info on the coming update and thanks for porting the mod.

Yes I was spell checking my previous post when the damn forum edit time limit kicked in. I will no longer directly type in my lengthy posts on this forum. Instead I'll just paste from my favorite text editor. That way I can make my posts as long as I want

In my previous post edit attempt I intended to report the version of /admin/orders.php bundled in the mod's 1.30 folder is NOT the current 1.3.0.1 version. BEWARE!

Regarding /admin/index.php and /admin/orders.php I recommend to just show where to edit code in specific 1.30 files (e.g. line numbers as is stated in readme) rather than including those two files in the distribution. This would make it easiest both for you the mod maintainer and for the storeowner. (I never recommend overwriting core files, I always recommend editing)

Also I customized the mod so the pop-up on /admin/index.php also now displays the order status code, the payment method and the customer email address. Also customized the mod so the pop-up on /admin/orders.php displays the customer email address.

And I fixed the column header on /admin/orders.php so that the data lines up correctly under the "Status" and "Action" column heading.

BTW on my test 1.3.0.1 shoppe I found several orders listed in /admin/orders.php which do not display the pop-up balloon icon. I have no idea why?

Woody

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast