Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes Math issues

Okay, I'm seeing some really weird stuff here. I have a site mostly up to demo with my business partner, and we are starting to enter some items to see how setup will go when we set up the real site.

When I create a product, I need to have both size and color options. So far I'm only working with colors.

One of our color options costs less than the others, so in the attributes controller, under Prices and Weights, I enter '-' and let's say '$1.00' for the amount.

When I hit insert it shows a '-$1.00' prefix price, but before the modify and delete buttons it shows '$-1.00|$-0.47 $0.00'

On the front end of the site it shows '-$0.47' in the drop down menu for color selection and it only changes the price of the item by forty seven cents.

According to everything I have read, I'm doing this right, but some weird math issue seems to be happening. So for fun I tried to enter my desired amount in the price field instead of the amount I wanted to discount by. Well, that doesn't work either, but it isn't off by as much as I expected it to be!

I have the latest version of Zen Cart, just downloaded a few days ago, running on a hosting account which is FreeBSD based IIR, with Apache and all that fun stuff.

So far everything else works fine, adding multiple quantities of products to a cart and going to check out does math just fine, it is only in these attributes that the problem exists.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes Math issues

Figured it out myself finally! I work on this for quite a while (I won't admit how long) and as soon as I post a message I figure it out 5 minutes later.

I had the item set as a Special. So I needed to set the 'Apply Discounts Used by Product Special/Sale:' to No.

Sorry about that, but hopefully it will help someone else if they do the same thing.