Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Anyone with working Skipjack module?

sorry for the horrible post above I was in a hurry

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure I'll be able to help, but will try. I just finished a 'hand-done' skipjack transaction script in a non zen-cart site and know the order string can be a little finicky. There's also the ability with skipjack to send an array cust_vars to the transaction e-mail notice. That might be useful too.

I haven't looked at this zen add-on yet, but will return when I do.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks SO much! for our help! Im hoping you find something!

Plugin Contributions

I've only had time for a quick glance, but I have found a few things

Quote Originally Posted by valnoren
    I belive the offending line is:

zen_draw_hidden_field('Orderstring', 'Teanas~' . date('YmdHis') . '~' . number_format($order->info['total'], 2, '', '') . '~1~Y||') .

Skipjack says the order strng is worng? My programmer and I have tried changing it over and over again but still nothing.

Here is a paste from the email:

Order Details:

Order:
    Item: Teanas
    Description: 20060427074229
    Price: 12000
    Quantity: 1
    Yes, that is the offending string. I did a quick google of Teanas and the 2nd or 3rd link was to some forums for that other cart, where this very issue was being discussed. This mod was converted from one over there. Teanas was the name of somebody's product or store and was hard-coded into the script. A quick fix is to replace 'Teanas~' with STORE_NAME . '~' That will at least put your store name in the Order Details. I'm not sure why your date and price is not being formatted correctly.

That doesn't deal with the bigger question of what is being sent to sjipjack via Orderstring var. What is being sent is a simplistic summary of the total cart contents as a single item, the order. You're looking to send more individual item detail. I believe that would be possible, though to be honest, I haven't really looked to closely. I will try as time allows in the next day or two. Skipjack has hooks for the Orderstring to be made up of Itemstrings. It can also handle custom_vars to a limited degree. There is good documentation here - Skipjack Integration Guide link

Then inside zencart we see the order but the client needs to have the email order to pass on to others employees.
    Maybe you can use the options in your cart's Admin > Configuration > E-mail Options to have certain notifications from your cart cc'd to his/her staff. These notifications should also have the detail that the skipjack notice does not. The skipjack notice, as implemented by this mod, is really meant just to be a notice of the amount and date of the transaction.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm thanks fo the info. and Yes we have read over the integration guide maybe we just are not getting it. I will take a look closer at your suggestions here let me know if you find anything.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

"A quick fix is to replace 'Teanas~' with STORE_NAME . '~'"

My programmer tried that and we kept getting errors on the comfirmation section. It kept bouncing back and saying that our address for our card was incorrect.

Plugin Contributions

Guys... my skipjack module works...

However, none of my products use attributes. Response emails come back with all values attached.

I didn't do anything special when I upgraded -- things just...worked.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your post. Thats very interesting. This site uses attributes for everything. There is obvioulsy an issue with them and the module.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by valnoren
    Thanks for your post. Thats very interesting. This site uses attributes for everything. There is obvioulsy an issue with them and the module.
    It's not so much an issue... it's how the module is designed and implemented.

The module sends the entire order to skipjack, as one big lump. There is no detail about individual items or attributes. The only thing sent in the order string is the name of your store as the 'transaction' item (unless Teanas is still hard-coded), the date as the Item description, the total amount, and the command to skipjack not to tax it again (because zc is handling that)

The only thing skipjack sends back is whether or not the transaction was authorized, and what the error was if it failed.

The responsibility to handle the rest of the detail such as attributes, taxes, whatever, is left to zen-cart.

valnoren... did you follow the readme and Login to your Skipjack account at http://secure.skipjack.com and go to Preferences > Response Files. Choose "Send Customer to the following WebPages/URLs" and input where your checkout_process.php is (i.e. http://www.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php) for all the fields?

AFAIK, this module is not intended to let skipjack handle all the notifications. It would take quite a bit of work (I suspect) to get it to send detailed item strings (as opposed to a generic orderstring) to skipjack.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone figured out the trick to using attributes on products with SkipJack?

If customers purchase items from my cart that don't have attributes, the transaction works perfectly.

If they try to order something with attributes (like a downloadable product) SkipJack thinks the credit card info is wrong.

I'm lost. Anyone found a workaround yet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast