Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

URGENT!!! Live cart SCREWING UP my customer orders!! HELP PLEASE

My cart has been live for at least 2 months. It has been smooooth sailing on orders. I am up to over 300 customers and growing everyday.

I have NOT changed any settings or anything since this time, I have a SECURE admin, SECURE server for orders, and all of a sudden - WHAM!! TODAY IS A NIGHTMARE!!

I have this one customer we will call JANE DOE. The last 3 orders I have received have JANE DOE as the CUSTOMER NAME, then the SHIPPING, PAYPAL, etc are all from the BILLYBOB. These are REAL PEOPLE, and a wacked out database or whatever tracks this stuff in my ZENCART. MY CART DOESN'T EVEN SHOW BILLY BOB as being a customer (WHO IS THE ONE THAT PAID VIA PAYPAL, AND WHO HAS THE SHIPPING INFO LISTED), but they REAL CUSTOMERS!!

JANE DOE is also a REAL customer who is furious that she has all of these orders piled up in her account page.

My other customers are FURIOUS that they show no order history! NEW CUSTOMERS trying to log on are FURIOUS that they cannot log on to CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT without the name JANE DOE stuck as their account name????

This all happened this morning out of the blue, I wasn't even logged onto the computer at the time, what the heck has happened to my ZENCART?????

HOW CAN I FIX THIS ASAP, PLEASE, My business is ruined if I cannot correct this and I am losing orders and customers................

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: URGENT!!! Live cart SCREWING UP my customer orders!! HELP PLEASE

Can you pls provide a link to your live site so that we can take a peak. It imight just give us some clues to what is going on.

Second do you have access to phpMyAdmin on your hosting account, (possibly thru cpanel)

It is also worth checking with your hosting provider to see if they have changed anything, e.g. phpv version, mysql version. etc

Plugin Contributions

More technical infos might help. It seems like the address book or customers id seassion is being shifted - did it happen more often (with other customrs)? Are you being listed in the search engines with zen seassion ids (zenid)?

Anything else that might be good to know?

Plugin Contributions

Re: URGENT!!! Live cart SCREWING UP my customer orders!! HELP PLEASE

Hi,
    I am lost on what you are asking about the Zen Sessions stuff? Can you simplify, please.

The main problem is I have JANE DOE, who only placed ONE ORDER, showing THREE ORDERS under her name.

When I look at all 3 of those orders in the ADMIN section, I see JANE DOE as the customer, but BILLY BOB as the SHIPPING ADDRESS, UNDER THE PAYPAL BLOCK info with his correct email, correct paypal payment, etc.

HOW did my customers place orders under someone else's CUSTOMER NAME without truly loggin into the site, and without truly creating accounts???

These two customers that are under JANE DOE's ACCOUNT tell me that they created accounts, but nothing ever came through from them saying they actually created accounts.

UPDATE: A customer just wrote me saying, "I AM TRYING TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND IT KEEPS TELLING ME I AM JANE DOE," I want my own account!!"

I replied to this customer to hit LOG OUT if JANE DOE was showing as logged in, and to go back to LOG IN, scroll down, enter the user information and keep going.

OKAY, She replied that this worked and now JANE DOE is GONE off her account.

Why is this ONE PERSON staying LOGGED IN on other people's accounts??
    Help me, please. If I can send the website link privately, tell me how. I do not want to publicize my website here as having problems.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! I'm totally lost, my website has been great up to now. Just perfect with the exception of missing those CREDIT CARD EMAILS haphazardly. It seems that when 2 or 3 customers place order at the SAME TIME, I am only getting 2 of the emails with the MIDDLE 8 NUMBERS, and the other one is lost in cyberspace. I have solved this by just calliing my customers and asking for those 8 middle numbers, but that is still a mystery...........

Thanks so much!!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

we are asking you to give us some more info.

a url to your website

also

your php version
    your server sodtware
    your mysql vesion

if you do not know the above, then ask your hosting provider

Plugin Contributions

I asked how I can send my URL privately as I do not want it posted here on this forum as having problems. Is there a way to instant messenger it or something?

Server/database host: POWWEB
    Server OS: FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE
    Database: MySQL 4.1.15-log
    Server Up Time:
    PHP Version: 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PowWeb/1.1

Is this all you need? This is found under TOOLS ==> SERVER INFO for future reference if anyone cannot find theirs. There is also a ton more info there if I need to look up anything else about the server.

THANKS!!!!

Plugin Contributions

I am considering deleting the ORDERS from Jane Doe's account where they do not belong.

Is there a way to MOVE them from JANE DOE to BILLY BOB's account where they do belong, or do I just delete them from my ORDER ROSTER so they will go away and not show up on JANE DOE'S incorrect account?

I am afraid if I delete them, then I have no proof this customer actually placed an order with me, although they both paid via paypal.

What do I do, I prefer to move them from the wrong customer to the actual customer where they actually belong???

THANKS

Plugin Contributions

If you like you can pm me via your control panel here on the site. Be sure to activate your account for pms in the config settings first.

I will help you fix this problem fast (commerc.)

Plugin Contributions

I am having an error very similar to this and can't seem to find any reasoning for it.

What happens is a customer goes to login, whether purchasing or using the "freebie" card. They go to there profile, and see someone elses order, clicking on view shows the order, allows them to download and the address of the said other customer.

They will also see some of there previous orders.

When I looked in my admin for this, I have customer accounts for both people, however, on invoices for different days, the ips are the only thing that are matching, everything else is different in the order.

Bother customers say they do not know each other.

This is not happening with every person, but just certain people and I can not find any rhyme or reasoning for it.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice someone can give me.

Plugin Contributions

Seamstobesew ... do you have an URL to your site that we can peek at?

How are your sessions setup?

What version php are you running?

What version Zen Cart?

Do you have links anywhere that include the zenid?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast