Quote Originally Posted by dreamscape
The only thing that I can think that would make that happen is if you are including the news_summary.php multiple times. Are you sure that you have not accidentally placed its call inside of a loop?
I. My face is red. It was inside the loop. Thanks for the hint.

II. Also thanks for the updated code to help prevent comment spamming. I have yet to implement but will soon.

III. Also I found the optional news archive sidebox did not include a class for "sideBoxContent". So I added by editing tpl_news_archive.php as follows:

Code:
    $content = '<div class="sideBoxContent">';
    $content .= '<div class="newsArchiveSideBox">';

$newsDisplay = new newsDisplay();

foreach ($newsArchiveList as $archive) {
		$newsDisplay->articleFooter(sprintf(BOX_NEWS_ARCHIVE_TEXT_ARCHIVE_LIST_HEADER, $archive['archiveDate']), $archive['archiveLinks'], false, false, false);
	}

$content .= $newsDisplay->displayNewsPage(false);

$content .= '</div>';
  $content .= '</div>';
IV. Also I would like to rid of the first clearSplit in the news archive sidebox to rid of extra whitespace between the year (e.g. 2006) and the top sidebox image. Anyone have a quick fix?

I see the source of clearSplit is the newsDisplay() function within news.php class file. That function also renders all the other news pages so unsure how to adapt for sidebox without negatively impacting display of the news pages. I figure I might need to write another function specific to the sidebox in the class file (to drop the clearSplits) and call it from tpl_news_archive.php. But I don't yet have enough PHP knowledge yet to decipher tpl_news_archive.php

Woody