Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Type Book (by moku)

Hey!

I can't get book type to work properly. I see book and all the data, but when i want to check the author, or i click on other genres i get redirected to /?book_genre_id=5&typefilter=book_genre which puts me on the first page. This happens with author (?typefilter=book_authors&book_authors_id=2) and all others.

Any idea?

Tnx

Plugin Contributions

I've done a new ZC install of 1.3

I've imported the old database in from a 1.2.0.4 vintage ZC

I've done the install for moku's book_products instead of figuring updates to the good old 1.2/4 version - all seemed okay for a minute of course, but there is a snag

1146 Table 'garchen_zc2006.TABLE_PRODUCT_BOOK_EXTRA' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from TABLE_PRODUCT_BOOK_EXTRA where products_id = '446']
    - now I asume from my searching that there is no easy way to import the old book data into the new db structure - I'm accepting the idea of reloading everything, but how can I get past this error message ABOVE when I click on a newly created book product I just made?

This table does exist of course...

any ZCwizards out there tonight -

Plugin Contributions

when i click on a given author to see all books by that author, not all of the books show up by that author. anyoe else get this prob?

Plugin Contributions

Well this test is not going to well. Still can't determine why the prefix TABLE_ is being added onto
    TABLE_PRODUCT_BOOK_EXTRA
    Clarify, this is the error message seen when I click on a book product of old, or try even viewing the new book product listing created under Moku's

Also...
    What should I do with the old tables from the previous book product type?- (Since I assume there is no easy way to drop their product data into the new table structure.)

help...
    Last edited by oceano; 2 Sep 2006 at 06:36 PM.

I just installed this Zen Cart 5-in-One Product Feeds and their seems to be some kind of conflict between this mod and yours. This is the error message I am getting:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_draw_pull_down_menu_multiple() (previously declared in /home/sonny1/public_html/test/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/product_book_functions.php:8) in /home/sonny1/public_html/test/includes/m1_export_main.php on line 300

What could be causing this?
    Rich People scream, Wealthy people whisper

www.cooltechcentral.com

Plugin Contributions

Re: Product Type Book (by moku)

Well still stuck with this last detail on this test site.

I've done the install correctly, several times now...same error message when I create a new product under this product type book.

What I've got -----------

The table exists, I see it in phpMyAdmin,

I know which file is calling this [select * from TABLE_PRODUCT_BOOK_EXTRA where products_id = '446'], but no typos that I see.

----------------------
    Question:
    My tables have a zc_ prefix that is not showing this error message, is this a clue, or just normal?

----------------------
    Plea:
    I'd love some help as I'm just a carpenter/web-designer trying to give some volunteer support to a non-profit church. This database error message just has me stuck cold, everything else is finished for them but their book product type...anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by teva
    Hey!

I can't get book type to work properly. I see book and all the data, but when i want to check the author, or i click on other genres i get redirected to /?book_genre_id=5&typefilter=book_genre which puts me on the first page. This happens with author (?typefilter=book_authors&book_authors_id=2) and all others.

Any idea?

Tnx
    i don't want to be impatient, but any idea how to solve my problem. I have just entered many books, but i can't get author or book type page to work. I get redirected to first page.

Thank You

Plugin Contributions

Hi Moku,

I've just installed product_book version 1.02 and it works great. You have asked people to comment and offer suggestions so here I go:

Firstly, a very valuable contribution, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Things I'd love to see. (Some have been mentioned before)

Product Listing
    ---------------------
    1. Authors names to appear below title instead of above.
    2. Add the word "Author(s) before authors names.

I've done both by changing code in class.productBookLiisting.php but this may be difficult for some people.

Book Info Display
    ------------------------
    1. Author: When a person clicks on the author's name, your code takes the shopper to all books by the same author. I believe this is not a good idea. What the shopper would expect here is a popup showing information about the author along with his/her photo. You have already made provision for this information to be stored in the Admin "Authors" section and this is an ideal place to display it. A similar popup to the one used as a help screen in the shopping cart would be perfect.

A link to books by the same authors could then appear as the last item in the "Genre" section:

Genre: History
    Size 9 x 3
    etc.
    Books by same authors: Smith, Joe & Smith, Joan

ISBN & Publisher (book info display)
    -------------------------
    I believe these items should appear immeadiately below the title and Author:

A HISTORY OF INDIA
    Authors: Smith, Joe, Smith, Joan
    Publisher: Art Press
    ISBN 1234 5678 9123

(All nicely formatted of course.) I've already made these changes in product_info_display.php and it does look very good.

Authors
    ----------
    Most people search for an author's last name so when entering authors details in the Authors section, we really should enter:

"Smith, Joan" and not Joan Smith

Unfortunately this presentation doesn't look so good when viewing the book list or book info page (see History of India above).

A better presentation would be:

A HISTORY OF INDIA
    Authors: Joe Smith, Joan Smith
    Publisher: Art Press
    ISBN 1234 5678 9123

Can you write a string/sub-string algorythmn to convert "Smith, Joan" to "Joan Smith" for display purposes? I did this many years ago with dbase II but don't have a clue how to do it with php.

Keep up the good work, you have many admirers.

John

(P.S. I don't have the internet connected at home so I won't see any posts to my comments for at least a week.

Plugin Contributions

anyone know how to control which features are displayed? for ex i dont want ot display isb numbers.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

1. Select "Catalog/Product types"
    2. Click TWICE on "Product - book"
    3. Click "edit layout"

On that page you have "Show ISBN on product listings" and "Show Model Number", try these.

Good luck!

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast