Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Type Book (by moku)

Quote Originally Posted by starslab View Post
    UPDATE,

The other search methods aren't working either. I click an author's name and rather than information about that author or links to other "books" with that author, I end up at a screen that says "There are no products to list in this category".

Anyone have any idea where I screwed up?

The only thing that comes to mind is my admin/languages.php seems to be a newer one than the documention refers to. So my big patch into it was about 50 lines off from where it should have been. (Documentation says patch begins at line 175, after "create additonal coupons_description records" block. My patch began at Line 210, after a large block of coupon stuffs).

I swear, sometimes it feels like this is happening to me when I do web-development stuff......
    The search filter is realated to the Manafacture. If you have a book, you also have to set the Manafacture, for mine, i made a new group called "DVDs" and added all the DVD's to that manafacture group. If you are using the book mod, i would suggest making a group called "Books" under Manafacture.

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this great modulus, thank you

May I know whether this support combined search?
    For example, if a customer want to find a blue friction book by Eric
    can he click "friction" in book type, click "eric" in book author, click "blue" in book colour, and then click "search"?

Plugin Contributions

I got this error when using advanced search, please advise:
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT DISTINCT
    in:
    [select count(distinct p.products_id) as total FROM products p LEFT JOIN manufacturers m USING ( manufacturers_id ) , products_description pd WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND ( p.products_id IN ( SELECT DISTINCT p.products_id FROM products p LEFT JOIN manufacturers m USING(manufacturers_id), products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN meta_tags_products_description mtpd ON mtpd.products_id= p2c.products_id AND mtpd.language_id = 1 WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = 1 AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id AND ((pd.products_name LIKE '%cd%' OR p.products_model LIKE '%cd%' OR m.manufacturers_name LIKE '%cd%' OR (mtpd.metatags_keywords LIKE '%cd%' AND mtpd.metatags_keywords !='') OR (mtpd.metatags_description LIKE '%cd%' AND mtpd.metatags_description !='') OR pd.products_description LIKE '%cd%') ) ) OR p.products_id IN ( SELECT DISTINCT p.products_id FROM products p LEFT JOIN manufacturers m USING ( manufacturers_id ), products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN meta_tags_products_description mtpd ON mtpd.products_id = p2c.products_id AND mtpd.language_id = 1, product_book_extra pbe, books_to_authors bta, book_authors ba, book_authors_info bai WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = 1 AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id AND pbe.products_id = p.products_id AND bta.products_id = p.products_id AND bta.book_authors_id = ba.book_authors_id AND ba.book_authors_id = bai.book_authors_id AND bai.language_id = 1 AND ((pd.products_name LIKE '%cd%' OR p.products_model LIKE '%cd%' OR m.manufacturers_name LIKE '%cd%' OR pd.products_description LIKE '%cd%'OR book_authors_name LIKE '%cd%'OR book_authors_nickname LIKE '%cd%'OR subtitle LIKE '%cd%') ) ) OR p.products_id IN ( SELECT DISTINCT p.products_id FROM products p LEFT JOIN manufacturers m USING ( manufacturers_id ), products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN meta_tags_products_description mtpd ON mtpd.products_id = p2c.products_id AND mtpd.language_id = 1, books_to_genres btg, book_genre bg, book_genre_description bgd WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = 1 AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id AND btg.products_id = p.products_id AND btg.book_genre_id = bg.book_genre_id AND bg.book_genre_id = bgd.book_genre_id AND bgd.language_id = 1 AND ((pd.products_name LIKE '%cd%' OR p.products_model LIKE '%cd%' OR m.manufacturers_name LIKE '%cd%' OR pd.products_description LIKE '%cd%' OR book_genre_name LIKE '%cd%') ) ) OR p.products_id IN ( SELECT DISTINCT p.products_id FROM products p LEFT JOIN manufacturers m USING ( manufacturers_id ), products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN meta_tags_products_description mtpd ON mtpd.products_id = p2c.products_id AND mtpd.language_id = 1, books_to_types btt, book_type bt, book_type_description btd WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = 1 AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id AND btt.products_id = p.products_id AND btt.book_type_id = bt.book_type_id AND bt.book_type_id = btd.book_type_id AND btd.language_id = 1 AND ((pd.products_name LIKE '%cd%' OR p.products_model LIKE '%cd%' OR m.manufacturers_name LIKE '%cd%' OR pd.products_description LIKE '%cd%' OR book_type_name LIKE '%cd%') ) ) ) ]

Plugin Contributions

I have successfully installed this module and everything seems to work OK. I've even managed to upgrade so that all of my existing book products which were listed using the old zen_demo_book module are now listed using this new module with all of the old data transferred to the new tables.

All of the sidebox filters appear to be working correctly, also the 'Manufacturers' filter seems to work OK on the product listing page.

The only thing that I am a bit confused about is the 'Enable the Book Search' settings in Admin>Catalog>Categories/Products>Product Types>Product - Book>Edit Layout. Setting these to 'True' (1) should apparently enable some Book Search functionality - perhaps in the 'Advanced Search ' page but I cannot see where. Can anyone explain what these settings do and where I can see/utilise the functionality.

Thanks.

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by funfuntimer View Post
    I got this error when using advanced search, please advise:
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT DISTINCT
    in:

*snip*
    You are running an older version of MySQL. Upgrading to 4.1.x will straighten things out for you.

Plugin Contributions

What about the new ISBN-13 ?
    Is the latest and greatest by Moku OK for ISBN-13 ?
    Thanks,
    Perry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by biscayne View Post
    What about the new ISBN-13 ?
    Is the latest and greatest by Moku OK for ISBN-13 ?
    Thanks,
    Perry
    The ISBN is treated as a string of text. There is no intelligence associated with the entry. In fact, in my application, I have reverted to 'Model Number' for that entry and I am using the 'misc1' field for the ISBN number (which, IMHO, is the way it should have been set up to begin with).

Plugin Contributions

Author info not displaying? Anyone else experiencing this?

I would think that when you click on the author's name, that their information would be displayed at the top of the page with their list of books.

Plugin Contributions

I've re-read the whole of this thread and the contribution docs and have come to the conclusion that there is no 'Advanced Search' facility - just the sidebox filters. Moku may have placed the search settings in the Product Type - Edit Layout page for future development, perhaps of a planned advanced search facility.

As I mentioned in my initial post I have used this contribution to upgrade an existing on-line bookshop previously installed on Zencart 1.2.5 and utilising the old 'zen_demo_book' contribution. It is now installed on zencart v 1.3.5 using this contribution. I have amended Moku's sql file to include the necessary data transfer from the old contribution tables to Moku's tables so that upgrading an existing bookshop is just a matter of following Moku's install instructions and running the modified sql. If anyone wants a copy of my modified sql file just drop me a PM.

If you are interested in seeing the contribution at work on a live bookshop you can see it here:

http://www.ritchiechristianmedia.co.uk.

Only the 'Authors' sidebox filter is beiing utilised at present but it is working and all of the authors were added using the previous contribution and transferred across to the new tables as described above.

Regards,

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

I have installed version 1.3.5 of zencart with this collaboration everything works perfectly except the search by author. It always sends the following message to me whenever I make a search by author: "There are no products to list in this category"

I have read in the previous page that Darkwander had a similar problem:

I click an author's name and rather than information about that author or links to other "books" with that author, I end up at a screen that says "There are no products to list in this category".

Somebody can help me?

Greetings.

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast