Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal still sticking. Can't explain. More symptoms for you to analyse.

I've mentioned this on here before. My site has frequent paypal sticking issues. Not every order (so it's unlikely a config issue) but a good percentage of orders get stuck in paypal.

Someone suggested that it could be a problem with delay of server response or other issues. I just tested buying something from my site and actually recieved the issue myself.

I ordered something, went to paypal,
    a) logged in (click continue),
    b) checked the address and info page (not needed, clicked 'pay')
    c) got the 'you sent a payment' screen (clicked 'continue')

This brought me IMMEDIATELY back to my site (no lag, no delay).

It wasn't expecting the problem, and I wasn't looking closely, but I was brought to a reciept page as expected. However, I believe it was the reciept page for an order I made on april 22. It took me a minute to realize it was the wrong reciept (there was no 'download' link for my downloaded product so I was looking around to figure out why THAT was, and realized it was the wrong product - that it was an order from April.

I checked, and my order got stuck in paypal (view paypal stuck orders module).

The only other notable factor I can think of having any impact is that when I added an item to my cart, I wasn't logged in. I checked out and it asked me to login. I had to do that, go back to the cart and delete something that was saved in my 'login' cart, and checkout again. I do NOT know if this had any impact on the paypal issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

Pushing the order through manually in that module brings the order into my account, as expected.

Do you think the login is related to the sticking? The immediate return to my site implies (at least to me) that it's not an issue of my server not responding to paypal's return, but some internal confusion between the orders?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal still sticking. Can't explain. More symptoms for you to analyse.

you seem to have a backlog of orders piled up for the IPN.

try making another test order. when you get the wrong order hit refresh and see if the order number increases... if so then do this till you get all caught up on the order
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting