Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Paypal IPN Refund not working

For some reason when i installed zc1.3 its not putting my refunded order back to the status of Pending. Im not sure why, i have checked all the information, and made sure everything was exact. But for some reason it wont change the status on the site. its still set to whatever it was before the refund was givin. Before it would change the status.

My next question is, does it reflec refunds in the sales reports? i cant tell since the site isnt showing that i have given a refund since i installed this new cart. Is there a setting in the config menu that i have failed to find? im just stumped.

and my last question, is there a way to change the names of the status's for orders? like have one that says "refunded" or something? can someone tell me what file i need to edit for this, or is it even a simple change? Can super orders do this? since i use it as well to add/remove items from orders.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN Refund not working

When you upgraded, did you uninstall and reinstall PayPal and reconfigure it?

Note: don't forget the v1.3.0.1 upgrade if you have not done so already ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

yes i believe i did, but i can go ahead and redo it if i need to.

I just have to click the uninstall and then the install, correct, or should i be uploading a fresh set of files?

No i havnt done that upgrade, can i do it on a live site easly? or will i need to go though that whole long process?

Plugin Contributions

Uninstall ...

Go get a cup of coffee ...

Reinstall ...

Configure ...

Get another cup of coffee ...

Just make sure the cache is clear ... sometimes need to close browser, clear cache, etc.

Then check again ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

alright i tried that, ill see what happens

now with the patch for 1.3, if i get the full fileset is it going to over write all my lang files that iv edited? or should i just get the changed fileset?

reason i ask is becuase i think that i may have loaded my old 1.2 version files over the new ones when i was doing the upgrade, but im not sure....

everything seems to work alright, but like i dont have an option for the sitemap and things, which is odd.

Plugin Contributions

If you use templates and overrides correctly, your things do not get overwritten ...

However, this does not mean that you do not have to check them against new code, language files, etc. to see if there are new things your overrides are missing ...

I always recommend:

1 Backup database

2 Backup site

3 Make test directory

4 Make test database

5 load backup from live database into test database

6 test upgrade on test site ...

7 write down issues and correct them ...

8 repeat ...

9 continue repeat until you have it down to a quick upgrade and all issues resolved

10 Set Live site to Down for Maintenance

11 Backup Live Database

12 Upgrade test database again with most recent Live Database

13 Test Test Test

14 if all is perfect ... you can now take test directory to make live (rename, move, etc.)

15 update configure.php files to match new path for Live site

16 Test Test Test

17 Take off Down for Maintenance
    Linda McGrath

alright, i did it my shorter version way, and everything worked out great. All seems to be working, Ill have to check the Paypal refund thing later. I hope that starts working now.

Plugin Contributions

wickedklown:
    Did you get this working? I'm running Zenc 1.3.0.2 and have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache etc. and still no status change

Ajeh (If I'm so lucky and you're reading this) - or anyone else who might know - I presume refunds are done via paypal - which should reflect in the Paypal IPN.

The good news, is my Paypal IPN is indeed showing the refunds - the bad news is even with the uninstall, reinstall and dumping of cache, the order status does not change as it should to the designated "refund" state.

Could it still be a lag and I just need to wait for the magic hour? ;)

TIA!
    Live again! http://spritelygoods.com Rebuilt on ZC v 1.5.1 from 1.3.0.2

Plugin Contributions

Well, I've waited and checked back in and the status on the refunded orders hasn't changed Guess it has to be done manually?

Or perhaps I've missed something?
    Live again! http://spritelygoods.com Rebuilt on ZC v 1.5.1 from 1.3.0.2

Plugin Contributions

I have PayPal set to

Set Order Status
    Processing (orders_status 2)

And even made a new Orders Status for the Refund ...
    Set Refund Order Status
    Refunded [7]

I get back on the order:
    07/08/2006 19:53:01 False Processing PayPal status: Completed @ 16:53:22 Jul 08, 2006 PDT Parent Trans ID: Trans ID:77X49763N7195862X Amount: 0.09

I get back on the refund ... note: did a partial refund
    07/08/2006 19:54:01 False Refunded PayPal status: Refunded @ 16:54:26 Jul 08, 2006 PDT Parent Trans ID:77X49763N7195862X Trans ID:7L274654SV521994D Amount: -0.05
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast