Plugin Contributions

Default Trouble moving Zen Cart installation

Hi there! I'm doing a ZC install for a client and I'm having trouble moving it from where I installed it on my site to her own site. I've done this before with no problem, so I'm not sure what's going on. The only thing that's different from what I've done before is that it's going on [url]shop.adorevintage.com[url] and I've only ever done www.domain.com. But I wouldn't think that'd be the problem. I'm not very experienced with coding, so it's hard for me to figure out problems. =( I usually just do lots and lots of searches on here, but I'm not sure what to search for this time.

Okay, so I switched the whole thing over and everything is somewhat okay at shop.adorevintage.com, although I'm getting a "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: zen_get_tax_rate() in /home/shopado/public_html/includes/functions/functions_prices.php on line 257". But the even bigger problem is that nothing's coming up at shop.adorevintage.com/admin. Nothing.

When I switched everything over, I did a fresh install, WinMerged the old site files over the new ones on my computer and overwrote those files on the site. I put the old configure.php files in and then imported the old database into the new one. Does that sound about right?

Due to my ignorance and inexperience, I'm not sure what to do next. I've searched and searched and found one thread that seemed like it might help (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...missing+admin), but it jumps to another thread at the end and the link won't work with the new forum.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can also post whatever information is needed to help. Thanks so much!

Leila

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trouble moving Zen Cart installation

Hi Leila

It sounds like the problem is down to the configuration.php file. In the old file (which you said you used), the paths will be something like: home/blahblah/shop/

This is likely to be different on the server you are moving it to. It could be something like: public_html/www/blahblah/shop

I suggest you create another directory on the server you are moving the site to and install another raw copy of zencart into this. Then download the configuration file and compare it to the one you want for your live shop. (You can use winmerge if you prefer). Update the paths and when it is all working delete the testbed you created.

Alternatively the problem could be related to the mysql/php combi on the new server (however I think this is unlikely at this point). If these are different and you are using a different version of zencart you may encounter unusual behaviour.

Try the configuration.php fixes first and see where that leads.

JollyJim