Plugin Contributions

Default authorize.net issue

Both my store and my autorize.net account are in test mode,
    but I can complete a order because I keep getting this error:

(TESTMODE) This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

I know its in test mode, but isnt that the point?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: authorize.net issue

To Des. : Make sure you are using the suggested test card numbers provided by Authorize.net. A common test card you can use is the VISA 4111111111111111 with any future expiration date and any 3-digit cvv2.

To everyone else:

I have been having continued problems with Authorize.net myself in Live mode, with a similar error from above, just without the "TEST MODE" part. I have followed various suggestions in these forums and verified that the curltest file works without any edits.

The only real difference I can find here between 2 zencart stores using Authorize.net AIM (1 is working, 1 is not), is that they are hosted by 2 different companies. I have contacted the hosting provider of the site that is not working with Authorize.net AIM module, and of course they claim nothing has changed on the server, curl is working fine (which I did test), they can't support zencart for me...etc etc. I requested that they restart the web server, since I have seen that fix issues before, but they refused.

So I'd like to know - is this the latest version of Authorize.net AIM module? The config file is dated for January 2005. I am still weeding through these threads to try and find a support forum for the AIM mod somewhere.

Plugin Contributions

Im using the code recomended.
    its not throwing up a denial, says Im not allowed to authorize because im in test mode.
    im going to just set Authorize live and leave zen in test and see what happens.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Desopolis
    Im using the code recomended.
    its not throwing up a denial, says Im not allowed to authorize because im in test mode.
    im going to just set Authorize live and leave zen in test and see what happens.
    Hi Desopolis,

It is my understanding that if Authorize.net is in live mode then ZenCart's authorizenet mod also must be set to Production mode. I have never been able to get it to work when they do not match (test/test, or live/production). But let us know what you find out.

Now here is my call for help from others:

I have confimed via many tests that Zencart and the AIM mod are working perfectly in TEST mode. I confirmed that it IS communicating with Authorize.net great in TEST mode, and Authorize.net even sends back the confirmation email. But as soon as everything is switched live, "declined card" errors everytime. Is Authorize.net AIM mod no longer compatible with Zencart 1.2.7 and higher? It worked beautifully on a 1.2.6 store. Please someone point me to something else I can try, I am at my wits end on this.

Plugin Contributions

For your test connection to Authorize Net don't use test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll, use the live address but just set your Authorize Net account to Test mode. If that doesn't work then change the 'test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll' address to certification.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

Vger

Plugin Contributions

----------

Plugin Contributions

To keep everyone informed about the issue I was experiencing - I am leaning toward this being an Authorize.net or merchant account problem. After running several tests along with Networkdad (thanks!), we can see that the module and zencart are communicating with Authorize.net.

After making sure the gateway is set to "live" mode, all my credit cards (all valid cards) are still declining. BUT all those transactions ARE showing up in the gateway. So it appears that the gateway or bank is the culprit - declining any card that is entered. We are attempting to contact Authorize.net and show them all of our tests transactions in the gateway as proof that the module is communicating fine. Will see what they say!

Plugin Contributions

Make sure that you are using the API Login ID instead of the Merchant Login ID