Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Template "Future Zen"

Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    boy you are quick!
    And then I stepped out for dinner and blew it

Much of what your trying to do with the widths falls into the advanced CSS category, primarily because IE doesn't support the CSS features and so you have to resort to hacks or javascript to get it to play along. This isn't something that I normally do and wasn't designed in to future Zen which was intended to be a straightforward lightweight template, so I have very limited knowledge to impart in this area. However in looking at your site, my tools threw up a fair few XHTML validation errors, but also a number of syntactical errors in your CSS.

Most serious was that the structure of your right column is broken. Unfortunately outside the site, I can't see what you've done to cause this.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    I really just want the credit card images, and the security logo at the footer!
    The way we did this on the Monkeyshine site is documented elsewhere on the forum, however, I would strongly recommend dealing with your structural issues to create a firm foundation before trying to add this or something similar.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

where do I find out the errors?

Plugin Contributions

Here are the XHTML validation errors. Unfortunately the CSS errors are difficult to link to at the moment, probably because the external validator needs the XHTML errors fixed first. I was seeing them in the firebug console.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry to keep bugging you. Oh, and you are entitled to eat!! I appreciate your help!
    I have been fixing the errors, but I can't figure out how to fix the rest of them, they don't tell me enough to know where the code is? Is there anyway of finding that out?

Plugin Contributions

That's the $64,000 question. It looks to me as though most, if not all of the remaining errors are a cascade with a single root. But it's not possible to tell from outside the site, what you've changed to cause that. Though it's possible that it may be linked to the "align" tag that you've inserted into the middle of your site. This can be used as an attribute on another tag (such as IMG) but not as a tag in its own right, and this may be having a knock-on effect causing other legitmate tags to be ignored and corrupting your page structure.

Plugin Contributions

Me again,
    I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out!! Soon I'll be balded! What tag are you talking about? I can't find an align in the middle of my site.
    it's possible that it may be linked to the "align" tag that you've inserted into the middle of your site.

Plugin Contributions

Default title text

Hi All,
    I have searched the forums, but cant seem to change the text that displays in the top title bar of a browser.
    I still see "zen cart! the art of E commerce.

I have change the header.php and the meta tags php

Where would i find this in future zen?

the site is www.ozcyber.net/store i put it here just to show what i mean. Its not spam and the site isnt ready yet anyway

Thanks
    P.S. I ask because the search engin sees that at the main title as to what the site is about. It is also the dominant text in a search by google

Plugin Contributions

As a second question.. i saw this site whilst looking for my answers http://www.recovery-swag.com/ how did he get the log-in section in the side box area? I cant find it in the side box section.
    thanks
    For what its worth, i bought the book and donated. I am new to this
    Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: title text

Quote Originally Posted by max44 View Post
    Hi All,
    I have searched the forums, but cant seem to change the text that displays in the top title bar of a browser.
    I still see "zen cart! the art of E commerce.

I have change the header.php and the meta tags php

Where would i find this in future zen?

the site is www.ozcyber.net/store i put it here just to show what i mean. Its not spam and the site isnt ready yet anyway

Thanks
    P.S. I ask because the search engin sees that at the main title as to what the site is about. It is also the dominant text in a search by google
    Your answer is in the FAQ's; https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=17

Plugin Contributions

Thanks jeking,
    I did do a text search there, but i used the whole string. On forum said it was in line 20 to 30.
    I found it.. Was right at the top.
    Thanks again.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast