Plugin Contributions

Configure currency based on domain alias (e.g. .co.uk = GBP)

Hey Zenners,
    Firstly this place totally rocks and zen-cart is really cool :)

I have a .com and also other country specific domains as aliases. I would like to configure currency based on the domain alias the user comes from (e.g. .com.au goes to AUD, .com goes to USD, .co.uk goes to GBP).
    I have DL s_mack’s currency script which selects currency based on IP
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30183

I can make domain aliases in a subdomain in my site, so I thought it I pointed a .co.uk domain to shop/index.php?currency=GBP that would work but I am not allowed to use “?” when putting the path for an alias with my hosting.
    I could forward the country domains to the .com domain with the currency specified, which works OK but forwarding is not good for search engines.

Surely the script can tell if someone is coming from a .com.au alias or a .co.uk alias and configure the currency accordingly? Basically I need something which says if the URL in the address bar = .com.au, then currency is AUD? etc.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Regards,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Re: Configure currency based on domain alias (e.g. .co.uk = GBP)

OK after 3 months ... anyone have any ideas?

I used your s_mack's customers currency contribution to select currency automatically from the IP address the customer has and it is great.

I am in Australia and so when a customer goes to my .com site even though the default is USD most of the time it comes up in AUD. I also have a .com.au that redirects to my site is it possible to add to that code that if the customer has been redirected from the .com.au url then to choose AUD?

At the moment I simply redirect my .com.au/ to .com/index.php?currency=AUD&main_page=index, which is OK but it really stuffs up the path forwarding and also looks unprofessional to customers. I think it may be causing problems with my page rank and I see some of my pages are listing in google with this currency=AUD part so I would rather not have that in my urls, even after forwarding

I would rather just redirect my .com.au/ to .com/ and maybe add something to your currency contrib so that when it sees the customers has been redirected from .com.au it makes the currency AUD regardless of IP? If I just redirect it straight the problem is many workplace networks and schools I have noticed it comes up in USD instead of AUD based on the ip address so I want a forwarding from the .com.au to override this?

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated!
    cheers,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configure currency based on domain alias (e.g. .co.uk = GBP)

You could just set up 3 different shops on the seperate domains?
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configure currency based on domain alias (e.g. .co.uk = GBP)

Someone has loaded a mod - details here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45886 ahich may be what you want.