Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate Help Please

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Actually I worded that very poorly ...

If you send a Gift Certificate via the Admin, the customer gets an email with a redemption code ...

If the customer buys a Gift Certificate, it is queued ... and when released in the Admin ... an email is sent out saying that the Gift Certificate has been released and the balance will be found in the Customer's account the next time that they log in ...

So the Gift Certificate redemption code only is included on GVs mailed to a customer via the Admin ... and the funds are released to the customer's account when the GVs were first purchased and have been released from the queue ...

Does that make it a bit clearer?
    That does help a lot. I was hoping for a way to sell and use gift certificates without requiring accounts using Fast and Easy Checkout. Looks like I'll have to tell customers that making an account is required to use gift certificates. It'll be a minor headache, but I really don't think there is away around it without recoding how gift certificates work.
    Last edited by cycochuck; 30 Mar 2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

I am just testing and sent couple of GCs from admin.
    How do I remove these from "Gift Voucher's Sent" and
    where do I change/modify wording of that email that is sent when admin sends GC/
    Tx
    Veronika

Plugin Contributions

I'm using version 1.39b and I've set up the gift certificates properly. I ran a test purchase and it worked perfectly. When I go into the gift queue and release the certificate, I'm sent an email but the redemption code is not there. And, there is no entry in the coupon_email_track table. And, I it does not appear in the gift certificates sent section. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

When Gift Certificates are purchased ... and then released ... there is no redeem code in the email as the Gift Certificates are "released" and the amount added to the Customer's Gift Certificate Balance ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for your quick reply! I appreciate it so much! That makes sense to me. And, I'm guessing that's why it doesn't also appear in the gift certificates sent area, right? You rock!

Plugin Contributions

I have seen this touched on by others who appear to, but not fully addressed:

The Gift Certificate FAQ page How to Send Gift Certificates says "To send a Gift Certificate you need to go to our Send Gift Certificate Page. You can find the link to this page in the Shopping Cart Box in the right hand column of each page."

I find the link to send a gift certificate appears on several pages when logged in with a GV balance. And for a new purchase the link appears at step 4 of the checkout process, confirming the buyer's payment. But the link is not appearing on the shopping cart page nor any of the checkout pages prior to step 4 (even when logged in to an account with a GV balance).

The language of the FAQ leads me to expect the box to appear on the Shopping Cart page and each page in the checkout process. Do I misunderstand? Is my site working correctly? I have seen another ZC site that appears to be behaving the same as mine.

I have addressed this by revising the language in the FAQ to say "The link to this page will appear in the right hand column of the final page in the check out process, after you have submitted your payment. If you do not immediately send the Gift Certificate a link to send it will appear on your My Account page." But I would like to see it work the way the original language suggests. I think I would sell more gift certificates if the customer is able to complete the steps needed to send it to the recipient before they give me their money.

Suggestions for a fix or revision would be welcome.

My ZC is v1.3.9e, my website is http://www.clarifyartwear.com/

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I've searched for awhile but haven't come across the answers.

If a gift cert is purchased (set to queue for release), will it release automatically if the customer pays with paypal, or other immediately authorized payment method?

If downloadable product is purchased, will it release automatically if the customer pays with paypal, or other immediately authorized payment method?

If not on either question, would this be something that will be included in ZC 2.0?

Plugin Contributions

Gift Certificates are either sent to the queue to ensure payment by the Admin or not ... this is not based on the Payment module ...

Downloads, on the other hand, are based on the Order Status in the Payment Module ...

By default, PayPal sets the Order Status for immediate release of Downloads ...

Other Payment modules can be adjusted per Payment module where Orders Status (orders_status) of >= 2 or <= 4 will be immediately released ...

By default, the Order Status values are:
    Pending 1
    Processing 2
    Delivered 3
    Updated 4
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

By default, PayPal sets the Order Status for immediate release of Downloads ...
    ZC will wait until PayPal returns successful payment notification (IPN?), at PayPal, before changing status to 2? In other words, the payment at PayPal has to be successful in order for the customer to download the product?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, when the Payment via PayPal is successful the default settings will set the Order to orders_status 2 for Processing and the Downloads will be available ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast