Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

VAT-mod for European companies

We have made two mods, one for 1.2.7d and one for 1.3.0.1. Read Install in English for more info about the mod and how to install it.

What does this mod do?
    This mod checks customer's VAT (Value Added Tax) number regarding his country and displays VAT on invoice and packingslip as well as removes tax when shipping to companies in countries within the EU.

- Add a text field during account registration and modification...
    - Add shop VAT number on invoice and packing slip
    - Add customer VAT number on invoice
    - Removes tax in checkout (if configured correctly) if customer has entered VAT number and is in a country within EU but is in a country other than the Store.
    - Check VAT number for registering companies (if implemented in admin) according to their country.
    - Control of the VAT number is done in admin (for both customers and shop number)
    - Enable/disable server verification in configuration (in admin).

This is a remake of the old VAT INTRACOM by Jean Gourdon. Read the old thread at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9620

We have put our new functions in order.php (catalog/includes/classes/order.php). Mainly because we didn't know where they "should" go :-)

If you have any comments, questions or suggestions - Feel free to let us know!

//Beez & vike

Plugin Contributions

The packages and install files

The files were to big to post here, but you can download them from:
    http://www.sweetfabrik.se/ZC/VAT-mod_127.zip (version 1.2.7d)
    http://www.sweetfabrik.se/ZC/VAT-mod_130.zip (version 1.3.0.1)

I'm sorry but I can't post the install files here either, so get the package :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: VAT-mod for European companies

hello world
    finally also im able to post.. had some trouble with activation-mail being caught in the filter treated as junk :/ heh

but so, i am the other developer of this re-mod.. and to underline it once more but from me; feel free to comment, suggest or ask :)

i have yet only advertised this mod in the wiki under 3rd_party_contributions but if you feel it could need an own page feel free to let us know or start build one yourself :)
    but for the time i surely think this thread could be sufficient
    peace. vike

Plugin Contributions

I am getting the following error when I set the option to check for valid VAT number.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: zen_db_query() in /data01/fetters/public_html/shop/admin/customers.php on line 130

I get this error when I log into the admin, view the customers and try and update the details. The customer was entered before the check for VAT was turned on.

Is this just my error or can anyone else recreate this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Fixes in VAT-mod

There was a problem in the admin/costumers.php file. That have now been fixed! It should work now and your problem should have been fixed.

Download the package again and look in the Install_130.txt file for the new code. The changes is in the code chunk that begins on line 119 in the modded file (after 112). You can of course take the file itself too...

The same problem were in the 1.2.7 package and have also been fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Beez,

thank you for the fine, essential mod.
    I'm using it in 1.3.0.1

When trying to verify Greek Vat ID, it does not recognize the valid tax ID entered as ELXXXXXXXXX (EL+9 nummerics)
    When adding a space between EL & numbers (what a customer could do...), the whole css style gets messed up, displaying the login site with overlarged fonts!

Any idea how to fixe that?

Dimi

Plugin Contributions

It will work when changing the array 'GR'=>'EL', //Greece to 'EL'=>'EL', //Greece and the ISO Code from GR to EL as well....
    But this would make neccessary, to edit all shipping relevant data as well

Could this be fixed?

Plugin Contributions

Hi pivey and thank you liking the mod!

I'l look in to it, it might have to with that the mod checks VAT in frensh... forgot to change :-) But I'll look in to it!

Plugin Contributions

No, it has nothing to do with that...

I'm not sure what is the problem... A Greek VAT number doesn't contain any spaces, right? At least according to http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...en/faqvies.htm

If do the change to 'EL'=>'EL', what is that you must edit? Sorry if I seem slow, but I don't get what is wrong :-) Do you have a valid Greek VAT number that I can test with? What version of Zen Cart are you using? 1.2.7 if you have to make the changes in two places, right?
    Last edited by Beez; 29 May 2006 at 04:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Beez,

I'm using Version 1.3.0.1

No, the Tax number in Greece have no spaces...I just mentioned, that IF a customer would leave a space between EL & the Vat Number, it will demage the whole layout of the page. I did an explanation there for the customers not to leave spaces...hope they read it.

Regarding the change from GR->EL to EL->EL, if this is changed, there must be also the ISO code for Greece be changed (in Admin > Localisation > Countries)
    as the array refers to the ISO code, right?

But then....several other changes have to be done, like changing all ISO GR to EL, in shipping Modules, Payment, and so on....
    Hope this does not mess up anything. Well, I did test it, Payment & Shipping does work well so far with the ISO code changed from GR to EL

You might use this Greek VAT Nr. for testing : EL999943280

Dimi

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast