Plugin Contributions

order status updates

I want to change the options in the order status of the admin, so that 'delivered' reads 'shipped'.(This also affects the comments on the update email). Since I cannot find any defines for order status through the Developer's Toolkit, and I can find mysql that asks for order_status_name, I think that the options are set in the tables - but I cannot find these fields in the tables Order_status or Order_status_update.

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: order status updates

These are all defined in the database ...

Admin ... Localization ... Orders Status ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, but I don't have a database by that name. I have admin which has id, psword, email, level, name.
    I have one called order_status that has order_status_id, language, and order_status_name.

Any other suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

That is a menu choice ...

Admin ... Localization ... Orders Status ...

In the Admin ... on the menu choice Localization ... on the menu choice Orders Status ...

are located all of the current Orders Status names ...

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the relationship between the Downloads Controller and the actual orders_status values ...

Other than that ... knock yourself out ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Re: order status updates

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    That is a menu choice ...

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the relationship between the Downloads Controller and the actual orders_status values ...

I offer both downloads and a physical disc as purchase options for my patterns that I sell. Someone on the board, and I'm sorry but I can't remember who, advised me to leave my status options set at the default and change them manually which is no problem. I just wait until the default number of days that I have set for them to download in expires and then manually change it to "delivered". I just can't figure out what the "update option" by itself does or how and when it is supposed to be used. Can someone explain it to me, please?

thanks much in advance. This group is really great.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]
    Mellany M
    www.mellmaxknits.com

Plugin Contributions

I would imagine that is used for updated information on the order. Like, the customer receives his package but the contents are broken, so he's sending it back for a replacement. Rather than having them place a new order, you can just throw some comments in the Updated section explaining what happened and what is being done. That's what I'm using it for at least.

Quote Originally Posted by broknspyrl
    I would imagine that is used for updated information on the order. Like, the customer receives his package but the contents are broken, so he's sending it back for a replacement. Rather than having them place a new order, you can just throw some comments in the Updated section explaining what happened and what is being done. That's what I'm using it for at least.
    Ok, I see, so they are pretty much customizeable then...that is great.

Mellany
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]
    Mellany M
    www.mellmaxknits.com