Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Catagories/Products not showing up in Admin but are in Catalog

I upgraded to 1.3.0.1 in a test folder on my website and everything looked good. However, I found that the 'Catagories' and 'Products' are not showing up in my admin section. I've tried changing the config files to no avail.(probably goofed them up good now )

This seems to be the only thing that isn't working (that I've found so far.)

If it helps any, when I click on 'Catalog> Catagories/Products' it says the page is Done but with errors. The error is 'HTMLArea.|18N.lang' is null or not an object. The legend, navigation bar and the HTML drop menu and the 'catagories/products' display order menu loads. But that's it! The bottom of the page is blank.

I found 'HTMLArea.|18N.lang' using the Developer's Tool Kit but it didn't help me any.

BTW, the catagories and products are listed on the web pages.

Soooo... does anyone know what I messed up???

TLC

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Catagories/Products not showing up in Admin but are in Catalog

Try disabling the HTMLarea editor. (It's better OFF IMO anyway).

Perhaps the files in your /htmlarea folder are needing some integrity checks...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

I disabled the text editor and reuploaded all of the HTMLeditor files and still the same thing. The top of the page loads but everything else is blank.

I decided to try starting over yesterday with a fresh test folder and files. That one worked great for the admin part but I'm getting a blank white page on the actual catalog. I'm wondering if trying a third time maybe it would all be good???

TLC
    [FONT="Tahoma"]TLC Creations[/FONT]
    [FONT="Arial"]tlccreations.com[/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like something's timing out on your FTP software while uploading... Maybe you should try a different FTP program?

FileZilla or FlashFXP are usually quite reliable ... and free.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Same thing happening to me, but no problems with HTMLArea...

I never did figure out the disappearance of the HTMLarea thing on the first upgrade that I tried... I abandoned this one but left the folder on the website. I may dink with it later just to see if I can figure it out.

Meanwhile I decided to work on the second try at the upgrade since everything in admin was there. (The second try upgrade is the one with the blank index page)

On the second one I discovered that I didn't do a very good job on merging my custom files with v1.3.0.1. I have the index page back now. I'm still working on checking everything out and trying to figure out the stylesheets. This could take awhile!
    [FONT="Tahoma"]TLC Creations[/FONT]
    [FONT="Arial"]tlccreations.com[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Wow, sorry to hear that. I did the upgrade to get rid of a problem being stuck on step 1 of the checkout, after 8 weeks of customizing. Now that I've resolved that problem, I have an admin that does nothing...cross your fingers that my boss won't fire me, this was supposed to go live last week, now I'm working through the weekend to get it live on Monday.

Plugin Contributions

Resolved at 2:00 AM!

The admin/includes/configure.php had only default values in it. I copied over from the one in /includes, and now all is working well!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update ... this will help out others who misplace their Categories and Products in the Admin ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jplanet
    Resolved at 2:00 AM!

The admin/includes/configure.php had only default values in it. I copied over from the one in /includes, and now all is working well!

Glad it's working, but there are entries in the /admin/includes/configure.php that are not in the includes/configure.php ... you should look at the admin/includes/dist-configure.php and compare with your admin/includes/configure.php ... and make sure any missing entries are added, with the right settings of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast