Plugin Contributions

EZ pages and languages overrides

I am currently (gratefully and with a lot of fun) working with the Zen Cart 1.3 version. In the past weeks I have been looking for options to add more pages to the side boxes than are currently available. And I know that it should be easiest with the EZ pages tool.

However, I am working with the language modules English and Dutch and the language overrides are working for everything except for the EZ pages!!
    No matter what I tried from the admin panel, all EZ pages that I made (both english and Dutch) are shown in all languages. I am unable to not show the english pages in the Dutch version of my shop and vica versa. I even tried to add the language id in the mySQL database direclty (same as for products). Though there even is a category for languages_id within the EZ pages database adding the languages id did not work either ......................

Is there anybody who did manage to use languages overrides with the EZ pages?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EZ pages and languages overrides

I just found out via the Dutch support forum that the EZ pages are now only working in English but that it will become multi-languall within future updates.

On the German support forum however, they claim to have overcome this EZ pages languages problem already.
    They gave the following links for the solution:
    1. Zen Cart General http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.c...ev=5&pathrev=5
    2. Zen Cart Database
    http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.c...zc130_sql.html

I am of course willing to try it out, but before I am destroying my shop, can some expert on the Zen Cart code please check this out?

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: EZ pages and languages overrides

I took a look at the code changes on that first link, and while it should do the job, I don't believe that it's an ideal solution. Why? Because you end up with a different page_id for each different language version of a page, and you won't be able to simply add/edit all language versions of a page from the same Admin page - you'd need to change your admin language session and then edit the associated ezpages for that language, then repeat the whole process again for each different language you are supporting in your store.

An ideal solution would be to break out the languages_id, page_title and page_html_text fields from the ezpages table and put them into a separate database table (ezpages_description?), cross-referenced by the pages_id (see a parallel here with category and product tables?). Then you could modify the admin page so that you can enter a title and text for each supported language on the same page, while only entering the other data once. You'd then call the content for the pages on the catalog side from that new table based on the language_id field. This method is exactly how the existing multi-language support for products and categories is achieved, and should be the ultimate aim for the ezpages module.

Perhaps I'll work on that as a contribution in the near future if I find some free time...
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

Re: EZ pages and languages overrides

Ok, I found some time and played with some code...check this post in the Contributions - Miscellaneous forum for a link to download my drop-in module that provides full multi-language support for EZ-Pages.
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...