Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products Contrib [WIP]

Just wanted to say thank God for you guys! I saw this post and started drooling. I have a current project that was about to go into standy-by b/c we need to use this feature.

Thanks so much! I can't wait to put your hard work to good use!

Kevin L.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip
    It doesn't matter what you call the new functions file...as you suspected, they all get loaded.
    As for the file /admin/includes/modules/update_product.php, if you look closer at the other folders under admin/includes/modules, you'll see that the update_product.php is overridden for the product_music type by putting a modifed version in the product_music folder.

You are absolutely right! Thanks! I'm about done with this product type now. I will most likely release tomorrow, i just want to make sure I make the tabs look good now

Plugin Contributions

Re: Tabbed Products Contrib [WIP]

Hi qhome,

Can I try your contrib on my site ?

ps: my zen cart version is 1.2.5D is compatible ?

Thanks in advance

best regards

chris
    Zen cart or nothing !!

Plugin Contributions

I don't think it will be 1.2.5D compatible because its based on the new <div> setup that the product info screen uses in 1.3.x rather than the <table> based one that 1.2.x used.

I do have some "proper coding" questions tho.

I was thinking, that maybe instead of adding a new table to the database, would it be smarter/better to make it dynamic based on a "split" character in the actual product description?

For example: Have the custom product info page create a div loop for every time it reads "%%%Tab2Name" or something like that? This way, you could have as many tabs as you want, without editing the tpl file or adding more fields to the database. In fact that would make it a simple one file contrib that you simply place in your template folder.

I've got it working that way too, I guess I could do it both ways.. and call this cheater way the "lite" version :)

Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

I like the idea of the delimiter in the product information. This makes it much simpler, and in my mind - much cleaner as well.

How would you provide the names of the Tabs? Would this be part of the delimiter as well? IE - %%%TAB2Name would be %%%Product_Info ???

Kevin L.

Plugin Contributions

well right now i have it working like this:
    %%%TabName~~~

but its ugly for things like Froogle feeds. So I'd like a better split. And I wonder if I can use escape chars that won't be picked up normally like //TabName// or something. I have some more playing around to do.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Tabbed Products Contrib [WIP]

Tabbed Products Version 1: RELEASED

It has been uploaded to the downloads section, but will take a few days to be approved. You can find it up the "Product Type" category.

The released version only includes the "Full" version that includes the database change, not the "Lite" version that I am working on that will use delimiters instead of database tables.

Plugin Contributions

qhome,

I uploaded the mod as stated. I even played with the language settings to change the two tabs that are available.

However, I can not get additional images to display in the Additional Images tab.

I have tested to make certain that standard product types work. And they do. If I do a General product type, and I upload the first image "test.jpg" via the browser, and then FTP "test_01.jpg" and "test_02.jpg" files up. This works.

But as soon as I do it for a Tabbed product type, it ceases to show the Additional Images.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Kevin L.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by scubes13
    qhome,

I uploaded the mod as stated. I even played with the language settings to change the two tabs that are available.

However, I can not get additional images to display in the Additional Images tab.

I have tested to make certain that standard product types work. And they do. If I do a General product type, and I upload the first image "test.jpg" via the browser, and then FTP "test_01.jpg" and "test_02.jpg" files up. This works.

But as soon as I do it for a Tabbed product type, it ceases to show the Additional Images.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Kevin L.
    I think I broke it when I was updating a few things before release. I will take a look. In the mean time, I invite you to check out the new "LITE" version I made. Its 10 times more configurable and requires no db changes, all based on the above idea with Delimiters.

See the official Thread here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37182

Please let me know which you like better. So far I'm thinking the Delimiter idea will be the one I continue to maintain due to its versatility.

Plugin Contributions

Tabbed Products Contrib [WIP]

wow, nice job! but how did you change the border's layout that surrounding the add to cart button?! i like it very much...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOOD LUCK !!![/FONT]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast