Page 69 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

I've downloaded and unzipped this and the directions are quite confusing to me. I'm scared I'm going to mess something up in my store.
    Is there anyone that could install this for me?

Plugin Contributions

I'm a new Zencart user. I've just downloaded and installed 1.3.8a along with admin_profiles 1_0_8. I notice one error in your install_admin_profiles.sql file. Line 273 is a "Create table 'admin_allowed_pages'" where I believe you meant to create an admin_allowed_categories table.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stresstool View Post
    I'm a new Zencart user. I've just downloaded and installed 1.3.8a along with admin_profiles 1_0_8. I notice one error in your install_admin_profiles.sql file. Line 273 is a "Create table 'admin_allowed_pages'" where I believe you meant to create an admin_allowed_categories table.
    Admin Profiles only goes up to 1_0_7.

I think that you must have downloaded "Admin Users - Restrict Product Categories" which was a well-meaning but flawed attempt to extend Admin Profiles, and which is not supported in this thread.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Cienwen View Post
    First, please excuse me if this has already been asked. I was unable to find an answer.

So, I am using Admin Profiles to restrict access to two other people. These people will be processing orders and adding products to the Catalog. So that they do not mess up my settings I don’t want them to have access to the nuts and bolts of the Cart. I would however, like them to have access to change their passwords if need be. I attempted to give them access to the Tools menu and then access to the Admin Settings. I did not check off the Admin Controls* box listed under Third Party mods.

Unfortunately, this gives them access to change their passwords but also everyone else’s and gives them access to the Admin Controls which defeats the purpose.

Does anyone know how I could restrict their access to resetting their passwords only?

Thank you much.

Hi,

Any progress on this "security levels" feature? It's a must have in order to protect some site owners from themselves, by hiding the tech stuff, yet still allowing product management and personal password management.

Could the admin (super user) maybe be placed in a separate dropdown menu, away from all the other users? Here comes the dumb question...How hard would that be to do?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys,

I`ve installed this module and all the required patches, but however when i go to the TOOLS/ADMIN SETTINGSpage, i don`t see the permissions button. Could someone please help me in solving this problem

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zranno View Post
    Hi,

Any progress on this "security levels" feature? It's a must have in order to protect some site owners from themselves, by hiding the tech stuff, yet still allowing product management and personal password management.

Could the admin (super user) maybe be placed in a separate dropdown menu, away from all the other users? Here comes the dumb question...How hard would that be to do?

Thanks
    Admin Profiles works by controlling which pages a user can access. What you are wanting would require the pages themselves to be re-written. This was something that I considered doing for the Admin Control page, but there just didn't seem to be enough interest to justify the effort.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ubahn View Post
    I`ve installed this module and all the required patches, but however when i go to the TOOLS/ADMIN SETTINGSpage, i don`t see the permissions button. Could someone please help me in solving this problem
    Sounds like you haven't done step 3 of the installation instructions.

Plugin Contributions

PLEAAAAASE, this is urgent as the site is a live site.

I've installed admin profiles 1.0.7 on zc 1.3.8a. I'm using the cherry_zen template. most if not all admin files are defaults. I've done this a few times before and never had a problem.

Here are my steps:
    1. placed site under maintenance

2. did a backup of db

3. in admin, uploaded the .sql. i think i made a mistake and uploaded the upgrade not the install. when I noticed the error in admin, i opened the install.sql file and noticed it drops the table and re-inserts it. so i uploaded the Install.sql via phpmyadmin. i can now see the admin

4. I FTPd the ADMIN files to the server

5. I FTPd the extras - patched files for ZC1.3.8a

when i log into admin, I cannot see the css menu

what did I do wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi:

further to my post. I visited the wiki and implemented the solution for missing admin menus.

when I log in, i can now see the tools menu. however when I click on permissions next to my id, i still get this error:

Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.

Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

should I amend the install.sql and change the id of lines 56-65 (admin visible headers) to my id? same for lines 186-243 (admin allowed pages)?

I realize there is a time difference, i'm on the West Coast of Canada, but if you or someone else can assist, this is most critical.

thank you.

Plugin Contributions

FIXED:

in case anyone else experience this problem, here's my solution:

I did swap the ID=1 to my ID# in the nstall_admin_profiles.sql in the lines 56-65 (admin visible headers) and 186-243 (admin allowed pages). this worked.