Page 95 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

I love this mod and it works perfectly. I have one question. I'm looking for one specific function. That is relative to this mod. I am the admin on the site, so I have access to all products in the cart.

What I would like is for other admins that I've selected with special permission via this mod to only have access to the products they've added. It would be awesome if that could be done.

I REALLY need this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by leilanddale View Post
    What I would like is for other admins that I've selected with special permission via this mod to only have access to the products they've added. It would be awesome if that could be done.
    That's been covered several times before in this thread, so I won't go into detail here, you can find that above. But in summary, Admin Profiles controls which admin pages a user sees; products are accessed and manipulated within pages - quite a lot of them. So for Admin Profiles it's all or nothing.

It is possible to add code to restrict which products an individual user can manipulate, but to do it properly would require a lot of code spread thinly over a wide area, making subsequent maintenance and upgrades of your Zen Cart difficult. I suspect that it will be easier in future versions of Zen Cart, especially once the Admin area has been re-written.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi:

I have been using this mod for every zen cart site I've developed. and it works great!

Currently, i have adminProfiles v1.0.7 running on ZC v1.3.8a with security patches and highly customized.

i've noticed that when a menu item is not selected, it still appears in the menu along with its children, although when clicked the page has this message:
    Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.

Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

It did not use to be that way with adminProfiles v1.0.3. Can you suggest what i can do to ensure that access to critical areas are not viewed by the various users with limited access?

Thank you for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by newagekat View Post
    Currently, i have adminProfiles v1.0.7 running on ZC v1.3.8a with security patches and highly customized.

i've noticed that when a menu item is not selected, it still appears in the menu along with its children, although when clicked the page has this message:
    Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.

Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

It did not use to be that way with adminProfiles v1.0.3. Can you suggest what i can do to ensure that access to critical areas are not viewed by the various users with limited access?
    It's not that way in 1.0.7 either.

A bit of background. Admin Profiles has two sides, one controls access to pages, the other limits what appears in the admin menu. Both are driven by shared database files maintained through the admin control page, but otherwise function independently.

The page blocking message shows that you have Admin Profiles installed and the database part is likely to be OK. So your problem must be in the box files.

You don't say whether the page in question is part of an add-on or a core Zen Cart page, and whether it affects one page, one menu or all menu entries. But whichever is the case, the problem is likely to lie with your box files not containing the AP function call to check whether a particular item should be excluded from the menu system.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for responding. Here's some more info and please note I'm no programmer.

if I prevent a user from accessing the Module menu (core files) and it's children, i unchecked the Module check box and the check boxes directly under it. I then save my changes.

when I log in as the user with limited access, I can still see the Module menu and it's children. When I click anyone of the Module listed, I get that message. In v1.0.3, the module menu item and it's children would have disappeared and the user would not be any the wiser.

Can you provide a list of the box files so I can compare the download files with with the ones I have and see if I missed something. thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by newagekat View Post
    Can you provide a list of the box files so I can compare the download files with with the ones I have and see if I missed something.
    No, as that would depend on which mods you have installed and whether they have their own box files ... information that I don't have. But you can see the Admin Profiles equivalents of the default Zen Cart box files in the admin/includes/boxes folder.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

An administrator who periodically does some maintainance of my site did some security upgrades recently (ZC 1.3.8a) and changed location of admin files to new path different than domain/admin/. After that Admin Profiles stopped working properly. I have added new admin in Admin Panel. I can accces Admin Profiles without any errors but when I assign permissions by ticking boxes and save changes all seems to work ok but no permisions are changed. Newly added admin can log in but no menus are available to him. Changing permissions for admins that were present in the system before upgrade also doesn't work. What should I do to get old fuctionality back?

Regards,

Crusader

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Hi,

An administrator who periodically does some maintainance of my site did some security upgrades recently (ZC 1.3.8a) and changed location of admin files to new path different than domain/admin/. After that Admin Profiles stopped working properly. I have added new admin in Admin Panel. I can accces Admin Profiles without any errors but when I assign permissions by ticking boxes and save changes all seems to work ok but no permisions are changed. Newly added admin can log in but no menus are available to him. Changing permissions for admins that were present in the system before upgrade also doesn't work. What should I do to get old fuctionality back?

Regards,

Crusader
    Maybe this thread and the the one given by DrByte can help you!

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138776

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for reply. In my case adding items in admin works ok, from description looks like this is a patch that have been applied by administrator. Is it possible that other parts of admin work ok though patch has been applied incorrectly and that's why Admin Profiles don't work?

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved. It just needed reading more pages in this thread. I have applied patch from page #87, post #865 sucessfully.

Page 95 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast