Page 106 of 124 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1238
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

lol I figured it prolly had and I am just not putting in the right search terms LOL I will start from the beginning of the thread and hopefully find it (not sure what if statements to use LOL)

Thanx
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Hello Kuroi,

On regards with my query to you early this week (see Quote). I just remembered that last year I received a notice from Zen Cart advising that there is a security problem in admin area and asked the user to change the admin directory name. Therefore, I have changed the directory name. everything was running OK but admin profile.

Does this changes effect admin profile module? if so, what rectification should be done. please kindly advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jwidjaja View Post
    Hello Kuroi,

I had a problem with my admin profile module. I just installed the google analytics module into my zen cart, then I went to the menu tools/admin setting to set the permission for that module.
    The google analytics module is there and I could tick the module box, but it the system will not save the changes. Everytime the “Save Changes” button was clicked, system just direct me to the admin home page and did not save the changes. Actually besides google analytics, I have coupon restrict & email export module that I could configure since admin profile module does not save the changes.
    Please kindly help.

Below is the version of system I am currently using.
    Zen Cart ver 1.3.7.1
    Database Patch level 1.3.7.1
    Admin profiles ver 1.0.6
    I have never upgraded my Zen cart

Kind regards,
    Jimmy

Plugin Contributions

@jwidjaja

Admin Profiles works from within your admin, so moving it makes no difference.

My hypothesis as to the cause of your problems remains as before and the options for fixing it are therefore the same.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi,

Thanks for your super prompt reply.
    I have gone through the admin profile upgrade from ver. 1.0.6 to ver 1.0.7.1 ; and It saves the changes now. Looks great. Hope this has solved the problem completely.

Again, thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    @jwidjaja

Admin Profiles works from within your admin, so moving it makes no difference.

My hypothesis as to the cause of your problems remains as before and the options for fixing it are therefore the same.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to set this up so multiple people can administrate the user roles?

I'd like for user id's 1 and 2 to both be able to administrate the other users, instead of just user id 1.

Plugin Contributions

Hello
    Have you got any feedback on the Beta release? I don't see it in the official upgrade and just want to make sure it's safe to install on a live site, just finished upgrading to 1.39 this weekend and having issues with the master admin login, trying to debug the issue (it is not related to this module, I am able to login in fine with 1.39 on the test server, just the live site is giving me hard time).

I am going through all the modules installed on the site and see if there were any new updates for 1.39 compatibility or security related releases so I am starting with this mod.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the great contrib!

Some third party contribs, such as Image Handeler, I had to mod the box file, others I didn't have to do any thing.

What determines if a third party contrib can be detected and added automatically by Admin Profiles?

Thanks!
    Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want…

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kwright View Post
    What determines if a third party contrib can be detected and added automatically by Admin Profiles?
    OK, I think I figured it out. If you have third party contribs and don't want the link to show under a given menu for a given user, you will need to mod the box file for that contrib. Otherwise, it seems you don't need to mod the box file.

From my understanding, the box file mod only needs to be made if you wish to NOT show the link under a given menu for a given user.
    Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want…

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCarPartsOnline View Post
    Hello
    Have you got any feedback on the Beta release? I don't see it in the official upgrade and just want to make sure it's safe to install on a live site, just finished upgrading to 1.39 this weekend and having issues with the master admin login, trying to debug the issue (it is not related to this module, I am able to login in fine with 1.39 on the test server, just the live site is giving me hard time).

I am going through all the modules installed on the site and see if there were any new updates for 1.39 compatibility or security related releases so I am starting with this mod.
    It worked fine during our testing and on the two live sites that are running it. The only person who responded during beta testing, also had no problems with it. Haven't moved it forward since with so little interest, there doesn't seem like much point!

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kwright View Post
    OK, I think I figured it out. If you have third party contribs and don't want the link to show under a given menu for a given user, you will need to mod the box file for that contrib. Otherwise, it seems you don't need to mod the box file.

From my understanding, the box file mod only needs to be made if you wish to NOT show the link under a given menu for a given user.
    If we're talking about the main, rather than beta version, then if a third party contrib has a box file, it should be amended to the Admin Profiles approach.

Auto-detection is intended as a fallback rather than a substitite, and editing the file yourself offers the benefits of instant recognition, greater security and appropriate locating of pages on the Admin profiles pages.
    Last edited by kuroi; 30 Oct 2010 at 09:43 AM.