Page 63 of 710 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163563 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 2 Support

Nope image handler created the thumbnail (i.e main pic) medium pic & the large pic for you. If you read the documenattion that comes with image handler it will explain all. If you need to add a prefix or sufix - the batch export process in fireworks works really well.

One thing to check is that your product listing pic is not the same size as your product imfo pic - also make sure image handler resize is set to yes and proprtianl pics is set to 1 - all you need to do is add a product click the i icon pic up your pic and thats it 3 pics created for you no )_LRG or _MED.

Plugin Contributions

Still need a fix to turn the small image zoom back on after changing the small image size in config>images

Any advice apprecaited

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response Peanut

My experience covers server permissions basics pretty well. I do use a linux/apache server setup.

I assumed 755 would work as the main image folders use it - although the bmz directory has to be written to.

I tested it and all was fine. I just don't understand why anyone would allow 777 even tempoarily; perhaps some servers require it but this seems nuts.

Question: Why are all the image files created by IH in this bmz_cache directory defaulting to 666. I've changed them to 644 and the folders to 755. but I think when it creates new files they will probably be 666. So the routine is that one needs to remember to track them down each time new images are added?

PS- What is the batch export process in Firefox you mention? Is it part of the developer's toolbar?
    Last edited by oceano; 27 Oct 2006 at 09:24 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Just a post to inform that IH2 for 1.3.5 works perfectly with 1.3.6. Was installed on a testing site without any visible errors after running some tests.

Have fun!
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oceano View Post
    Thanks for the response Peanut

My experience covers server permissions basics pretty well. I do use a linux/apache server setup.

I assumed 755 would work as the main image folders use it - although the bmz directory has to be written to.

I tested it and all was fine. I just don't understand why anyone would allow 777 even tempoarily; perhaps some servers require it but this seems nuts.

Question: Why are all the image files created by IH in this bmz_cache directory defaulting to 666. I've changed them to 644 and the folders to 755. but I think when it creates new files they will probably be 666. So the routine is that one needs to remember to track them down each time new images are added?

PS- What is the batch export process in Firefox you mention? Is it part of the developer's toolbar?
    fireworks.. not firefox :). fireworks is an image editing program.. just misread it :)

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Image Handler 2 Support

I have searched around and cannot find any posts on this, I think, simple question.

Is there a way to remove the little "plus sign" + from the lower right corner of the product thumbnails that image handler 2 creates?

Thanks
    j

Plugin Contributions

I started a thread a couple days ago - This thread is located at:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...1&goto=newpost

which was has been determined is a IH2 problem in 1.3.6.

Can IH2 be corrected to work with 1.3.6 or do core files need to be altered?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by greenongreen View Post
    I have searched around and cannot find any posts on this, I think, simple question.

Is there a way to remove the little "plus sign" + from the lower right corner of the product thumbnails that image handler 2 creates?

Thanks
    j
    Yes - but I can't remember where exactly the info is...try the IH documentation on www.breakmyzencart.com
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Image Handler 2 Support

Ok, I'm probably being a thicky here but I am having problems with Image Handler!

It's all installed ok but when i go to admin--->tools--->image handler and, add a new image all the sizes are the same! I am copying the image into the Default image file whilst leaving the medium image files and large image files blank.

I have set the permissions on bmz_cache to writable so this isn't the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

Oh - I did look in the forums for the answer to this but couldn't find it!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Gary

1st thing I would check is admin>confi>images - to check what sizes your product info images etc set to - if these are all the same your images will be resized by image handler to be the same size.

The normal set up is your main/thumbnail picture - i.e product listing image to be smaller than the product info/medium picture and the karger one to be bigger also double check that you have image handler set to resize your pics.

Don't touch the small image size if you want the zoom effect to work (I did this and broke it and don't have a clue how to fix it....)

Hope this helps