Thread: AUSTPost module

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AUSTPost module

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Although probably not relevent, but is there a reason for you to be weighing your items in Kgs when gms seems to be much more suited?
    Because I wasn't sure whether changing the default of the page to grams would work. The guides only talk about how to change from pounds to kilos. :)

In other words, try changing your weights from kgs to gms, OR, add a little more mass to your badges, eg, 0.001kg.
    Mostly a decimal error here. I changed it to 10 grams but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.

Also check your TARE weight settings. These weights get added to the total product weight, which may be pushing your weights over the limits.
    That fixed it! I set it to 20:0 and now have the option for small letter coming up (although I know it'll send as a large. They'll always send as a large. I'll add 50c to the handling fee for small and that will cover it nicely.)

This can and probably always will be an issue, because there are far to many different scenarios that need to be considered when producing a program such as the AP module. There is always going to be someone that needs something 'special'. Usually a compromise and workaround is often the best solution. In your case, I would suggest considering setting up special departments for 'bulk buys' and using the weights/dimensions of the package containing the combined items for shipping purposes.

That, or very carefully select your badge dimensions so that the stacking algorithm produces the results that you require, while still being 'realistic'.
    I'll try both of these. Thank you very much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

AustPost Mod. - Delivery Time Lookup 4 Satchels Too
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101269

Plugin Contributions

Do you think this could have something to do with it?
    [Tue Jun 24 00:21:47 2008] [error] [client 125.254.71.35] File does not exist: /home/imperial/public_html/404.shtml
    [Tue Jun 24 00:21:47 2008] [error] [client 125.254.71.35] File does not exist: /home/imperial/public_html/favicon.ico

I contacted my host people and they couldn't help I also installed the other aust post mod and It doesn't have satchels, I might uninstall this and try reinstalling and see if something gives

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by imperialis View Post
    Do you think this could have something to do with it?
    [Tue Jun 24 00:21:47 2008] [error] [client 125.254.71.35] File does not exist: /home/imperial/public_html/404.shtml
    [Tue Jun 24 00:21:47 2008] [error] [client 125.254.71.35] File does not exist: /home/imperial/public_html/favicon.ico
    Nope. Not at all.

I contacted my host people and they couldn't help
    What did you tell them? What was their reply?

I also installed the other aust post mod and It doesn't have satchels, I might uninstall this and try reinstalling and see if something gives
    Err, exactly WHICH "other aust post mod" did you install? What version?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Again Rod,
    this whole thing has been doing my head it so I had to leave it for a few days
    My host techs tried to do something and completely killed my cart so no one could check out until I realised what had happened grrr lost a bit of money that day so I have given up on them and don't want them anywhere near it

I installed the other mod the one above your in the downloads section didn't like it

I don't know whats happening but the satchels arn't even working consistantly now I still have a feeling it must be something very simple but I have gone through all the files and they seem to be in the correct place I don't know what the next step would be

Plugin Contributions

Hi Again Rod,
    this whole thing has been doing my head it so I had to leave it for a few days
    My host techs tried to do something and completely killed my cart so no one could check out until I realised what had happened grrr lost a bit of money that day so I have given up on them and don't want them anywhere near it

I installed the other mod the one above your in the downloads section didn't like it

I don't know whats happening but the satchels arn't even working consistantly now I still have a feeling it must be something very simple but I have gone through all the files and they seem to be in the correct place I don't know what the next step would be
    Hmm, I thought we'd established that the problem isn't yours. It is a problem with your ISP, ergo, there is nothing that *you* can do to fix the problem other than try the "workarounds" that I mentioned earlier (and all these will really do is confirm what we've already established).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

How does one go about change the icons/graphics for the shipping info into text instead of the icons/graphics? I haven't figured this out yet.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: AUSTPost module

I'm using SuperOrders and AustPost without a hitch until I upgraded AusPost over the weekend to the latest version. Now I have a problem I'd appreciate a heads up with.

On details, I get the AP logo with a zero for postage $0:00.

In the invoice, I get "(ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server. You may still checkout using this method and we will co"

Because we now don't know if they've selected parcel, registered or express; it's becoming a chore this morning to ring all customers and ascertain their preference.

I did read somewhere that this script runs through RodG's servers rather that direct to AP?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Wingz View Post
    I'm using SuperOrders and AustPost without a hitch until I upgraded AusPost over the weekend to the latest version. Now I have a problem I'd appreciate a heads up with.

On details, I get the AP logo with a zero for postage $0:00.

In the invoice, I get "(ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server. You may still checkout using this method and we will co"
    There are many reasons why this would occur. Many of them due to normal behaviour, some of them due to invalid input data, and a rare few caused by 'external' influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingz View Post
    I did read somewhere that this script runs through RodG's servers rather that direct to AP?
    It uses both (for different reasons). Please refer to the authoritive guide on this matter; the "servers.txt" file included within the AP distribution files for more information.

Meanwhile, if you could give some useful information, such as a URL, and ideally, a demo product, whereby I can duplicate your problem I'll be in a far better position to help isolate the cause of your specific error.

Also, based on nothing other than order of probability, my first suggestion would be to try the enable/disable cURL toggle.
    When testing, ALWAYS close and re-open your browser when checking for the effects of this change (otherwise you'll be using cached settings).

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

This is a fantastic module, I installed it and it worked perfectly from the beginning.

I would like to make 2 minor visual changes but I am not at all skilled in this area.

In my checkout page I get both the austpost_logo.jpg and the austpost.jpg showing side by side. I would like to remove the austpost_logo.jpg and just leave the austpost.jpg.

The second thing I would like to do is replace the austpost_del.jpg with text "Days Estimated for delivery".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast