Plugin Contributions

Letting customers pay with credit card via paypal (NOT paypal pro)

On my zencart, I'd like to have the customer be able to choose two payment options: one would be regular PayPal, and the other one would be a credit card transaction via Paypal. I have a business account with Paypal (NOT paypal pro), so credit card orders will work.

What I'd like is two payment options, one to be regular paypal and the other to go to the Credit card payment on the Paypal website.

Could someone please tell me how to do this?

Thank you so much.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Letting customers pay with credit card via paypal (NOT paypal pro)

I thought the option was already offered when you get to the Paypal page?
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryk
    I thought the option was already offered when you get to the Paypal page?
    You are correct, but I do not want customers to have to click on Paypal FIRST and then click on credit card via the paypal page. I would like them to go directly to that CC page via a different payment option in Zencart.

Plugin Contributions

stentor, you cant clone the IPN module way too much work

when a customer goes to paypal if you have it set to take credit cards and NOT require payment they are shown 2 options

login or not a member not a member is the credit card payment area...

but No you can have both unless you want to manually invoice through paypal then you can use the paypal request module...... but wither way the customer will be taken to the same screen in paypal for credit card transactions
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I think I get what you are saying, but I don't think it matters what my paypal account options are, or whether or not the customer has a paypal account.

When a customer pays via the paypal option, he/she is taken to the paypal website, where he/she can log in and pay via their paypal account or via their credit card.

For my payment options, I would like to have the Paypal option go to the regular paypal screen, but for the CREDIT CARD option, I'd like to have it skip the main paypal screen and go DIRECTLY to the paypal credit card page.

Please advise. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

For my payment options, I would like to have the Paypal option go to the regular paypal screen, but for the CREDIT CARD option, I'd like to have it skip the main paypal screen and go DIRECTLY to the paypal credit card page
    That is not an option - Where you land is controlled by PayPal.

You should not have the Credit Card module or any CC options enabled in the Zen Cart checkout.
    Last edited by Kim; 19 May 2006 at 12:01 AM.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Stentor-

You previously posted the same question here. Guess you didn't like the same answer as you received in this thread?

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    Stentor-

You previously posted the same question here. Guess you didn't like the same answer as you received in this thread?

Woody
    Perhaps I was concerned about the placement of my thread. Never thought about that, did you Woodymon?

If you are annoyed/whatever by my questions, keep it to yourself.