First off, let me state that I have read the entire http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...light=checkout thread and I certainly don't want to revisit the debate about whether it is appropriate or desirable to collect customer information upon checkout.

I simply want to know if it is possible to streamline the existing checkout process for customers who have not already created an account to eliminate any unnecessary steps to completing an order. As far as I can tell, the account creation success page appears to be an obstacle as this page has created customer confusion/frustration in our tests.

I would like to skip the "you have successfully created your account" for customers who are in the process of making a purchase since this is essentially an unnecessary confirmation. If customers have put information into the account setup form incorrectly, they are already returned to that form with an error message to correct the problem. Sending them directly to the shipping step seems an acceptable confirmation that the account has been created since the primary address is already placed in the shipping form. I realize that this would be a problem if the customer is only interested in creating an account rather than checking out with since some sort of feedback would be necessary for them to know that the account was successfully created.

I know that the checkout process is slated for modification in a future version but the web site owner is only interested in eliminating this page asap, so I must find a solution. I just need to know if this can be done without disrupting the checkout process or cart stability and ,if so, how I might go about doing it or if a mod/script exists to accomplish this.

Thanks,

cpk