Plugin Contributions

Default New Install On Dedicated Server IIS6.

I have downloaded the latest version of zencart and have unzipped and upload to a directory on my server call zencart.

My server is windows 2003 sp1

Keep in mind the server has no php5 or mysql 4.1.

I loaded mysql its running and tests.
    I have tried to install php it says it installed

however after granting permissions on all folders required and following instructions in the document s included with zencart I'm at wits end.

I want to use zencart on multiple websites please any help? I can my server company tech huge amounts of money to configure for me but what good as that other then to save my hair from being pullled out.

Thanks in advance

Ray
    Last edited by rayrock111; 19 May 2006 at 03:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Install On Dedicated Server IIS6.

1. Can you post a URL to your site?

2. What exact error messages are you seeing?

3. You may need to install the MySQL Connector for PHP after you install PHP on your server. This is needed to allow MySQL and PHP to communicate with each other. You can download this from the MySQL website.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

http://63.134.200.124/ZENCART

the error is page can not be found

thanks for the help

How do I know when php is correctly installed?

Ray

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When I click that link, it takes me to your zc_install folder, and the installer screens are presented to me fine.

Your windows server isn't reporting your filesystem path to the webserver very effectively (a typical IIS problem) ... For "physical path" you'll likely need to use the Path_Translated value from the previous screen:
    Path_Translated = C:\Inetpub\63.134.200.124

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Doc,

Well thats after days of messing with it. I had to actually pay my server company to setup php because the copy I attempted to install screwed something up. Now after taking it hard in the wallet I can get as far as the database screen and then I get the following error Error encountered while writing /includes/configure.php.

Any sugjestions on getting this going. I can give you keys to the shop if you want to email me or do some IM let me know.

Thanks for all the help DOC

Rayrock

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On Windows hosting, you need to ensure that the "Internet Guest Account" as full read AND WRITE privileges to the /includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files.

You'll likely need to use a hosting control panel to do this. If you have physical server access, open explorer, find those files, right-click on them, choose the "Security" tab, and add/edit security to give the Internet Guest Account full access. You may as well keep that window open until finishing the install, because you'll need to change it back to read-only after installation.

Plugin Contributions

Doc

I can not get by this step If your intrested I can sending info for viewing my problem via email. Its either a mysql problem or the way im setting it up.

my email. is rayrock AT barsanco DOT com

Thanks

Rayrock

Plugin Contributions

While I constantly agree with Dr Byte, I think your problem may be a simple one IF you (as it appears) have direct access to the files on your server.

Simply right-click the includes/configure.php file and uncheck the read only box.

Once changes are made, you will need to reset the read-only or get a warning from ZenCart.

For me, I would not grant access to guests -- 'course I'm paranoid about takeovers of a configure file.

HTH
    john

Plugin Contributions

I have gave permission completely stright down the line. And created a guest accounts and given persmissons.

I can not get past the database setup. I feel that I have my database incorrectly setup. I'm not sure which way to go.

Rayrock

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rayrock111
    I have gave permission completely stright down the line. And created a guest accounts and given persmissons.

I can not get past the database setup. I feel that I have my database incorrectly setup. I'm not sure which way to go.

Rayrock
    I think you havn't given the correct permission to the "internet user account" as per other member advise yet...

You DO NOT need to "Create" a guest account as they are build in account setting in IIS6.

Maybe can you try this, using remote access to your server,
    1. right click on the config file, select properties
    2. select security tab
    3. click add user
    4. in the next screen, choose advance
    5. click search
    6. a list of all user account/ group will be presented.
    7. select "IIS-WPG" and/or "IUSR-YOURDOMAINNAME" (using ctrl click)
    8. click ok after selection.
    9. you should be back to the previous screen
    10. give all the permission as per other member suggest by checking the boxes.

please try it and see if this work