Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount Coupon Guide?!

i have created a coupon code that discounts an order 100% for my clerks to use when someone places a special order at our brick and mortar store. since they will take payment through our POS, i don't want to have to process a credit card. i've tested the coupon in cc test mode, but wonder when i go live will a $0 transaction be processed through my credit card company? is there a way to not have to put in a cc# to process a 100% discount coupon?
    :) emily
    http://store.inspiritcommon.com/
    ZC 1.3.8a on Godaddy :: EP 1.2.5.4 :: Adv Search 1.1 and a buncha other stuff

Plugin Contributions

Using Zen Cart 1.3.8a

I was going to send out coupon via email in Zen Cart and was wondering - If someone sends back an email asking to be removed from further email ads, how do I set the customer to not receive future email ads?

I was going to send to "All Customers". Not sure what the other selections mean?

Also - what does this mean?
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_user_has_gv_balance() in /www/admin/customers.php on line 1189

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charliea View Post
    what does this mean?
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_user_has_gv_balance() in /www/admin/customers.php on line 1189

Thanks!
    It means your /admin/includes/functions/general.php file is out of date.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys and girls - I got the following email from the owner of a zencart shop I manage.

Would love some advice ...

"Hey there...

Interested in your thoughts about how a massive promotion with another retail chain might work. They want to run a promo whereby customer gets $10 voucher for [the store] and they get given a code. They have two months to redeem it.

Question is: is it possible to create unlimited (say 135,000-ish) unique codes for the promotion or would it need to be ONE code. If the latter, then pretty much anyone who finds out about the code could use it so not sure if that’s good.

Your thoughts appreciated! "

Plugin Contributions

There is nothing built into Zen Cart to automatically generate multiple Discount Coupons ... however, this could always be built ...

When doing 135,000 Discount Coupons ... does it really matter "who" the 135,000 users are for it?

If you set up a Discount Coupon and set it as:
    Uses per Coupon 135000

Uses per Customer 1
    now the Discount Coupon can only be used once per customer account for 135,000 people ...

Trying to make 135000 unique Discount Coupons could be done but it does become rather unyielding to manage if you don't really have a purpose for these to be unique ... such as 135000/20 or 6750 pages of Discount Coupons ...

Where if you used 1 Discount Coupon Code, the Report would give you counts for it ... vs trying to look at the 135000 individual Discount Coupons to see who used it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have scanned every post in this thread and did not see (doesn't mean it isn't there) an answer to my question. If someone doesn't use all of the money in a gift certificate is the balance displayed somewhere so they know when ever they come to the store what that balance is?

Plugin Contributions

A Gift Certificate will show the balance in:
    Shopping Cart Sidebox
    GV FAQs
    My Account
    Checkout Payment

when the customer is logged in ...

In the Admin it will show in the Customer ... Customer ... in the balance listing ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi all, I was wondering if there was a way to apply a discount voucher if a certain number of items are purchased instead of a certain value?
    Clever AV Ltd
    http://www.cleveravltd.co.uk
    ZenCart 1.3.9g

Plugin Contributions

I have a discount coupon set up but the link to redeem it only shows in the Info area on the left sidebar of the checkout page. This is a vvery small link and seems it would be easily missed by the customer. I there any way to put a coupon redemption box into the checkout form so people won't have to go looking for this?

Plugin Contributions

There is already a Discount Coupon input box on the checkout_payment page of the checkout ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast