Plugin Contributions

Discount Coupon Guide!

I need a basic guide on the implementation of Discount Coupons.

I've created a discount coupon through 'Coupon Admin' and Discount Coupon module is installed under Modules->Order Total. That done, i do not see that discount coupon anywhere in my cart.

Can anyone tell me how & where these discount coupons appear in the cart?! Or a link to some thread that already answers these questions. All help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount Coupon Guide!

Why did you post this question twice? Not a good plan.

In Coupon Admin you should see any coupons you have created. Look for the 'email' button and send the coupon to anyone or everyone in your shop.

Good Luck.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about that but I didn't post it twice on purpose. I was getting a "Page not found" error when i would try to submit my page. Until it got through eventually & that is when i too found out that it got posted twice.

About the coupon, you do get this email that says you can redeem during checkout. But where during the checkout process do you do that? Which checkout page is it applied on .. payment (step 2) or confirmation (step 3). Also, can anyone direct me towards the source code file through which coupons are applied so i can verify?! Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Makes sense on the post.

Here's what I did. Set up an account in the shop under my name. When I get ready for coupons, emails, etc., i always send one to myself first to proofread and make sure it is working correctly. Then, I send to the masses.

By setting up the test account you can see what your customer will see. As I recall, the coupon is a random number thing that you copy and paste into the coupon field on checkout. You might want to do it step-by-step yourself and then write a little guide to include with the coupon email.

good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help Sermonzone. All i was trying to ask was where this coupon field appears, which is at payments stage. Unknowningly, i had disabled the whole control structure that displayed the coupon fields early during project development, which is why i didn't remember it. Anyhow, thanks.

ps: I am not THAT stupid where i would send out email to all the clients without testing it first using a test account .. and that is what i have been doing. :)

Plugin Contributions

Oops! Not trying to imply any impaired learning on your part. Forgiveness requested.

Just passing on what had worked for me to find out what the customer would actually see in the checkout process, emails, etc.

Glad all is working now.